SRT8CUDA Build

-
I had Moser install an optional fill and drain plug in the rear axle. Unfortunately, the fill plug is too close to the gas tank and in a terrible location to get at to fill the axle..(In this photo, the screw in cap is not on.) I'll have to cut it off , weld up the hole and move it over to the side of the housing.
Just another small modification!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0797 arrow.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 2,153
That's not a lot of rubber in the back, is it mini-tubbed?

I think a few well place hammer blows would provide the necessary clearance. :)

Actually, considering the quality of the build, hammer blows are out of the question.

It appears the rearend may still be set back a bit further than stock, which may be affecting your gas tank clearance. I know on my car the tires are closer to the front of the wheel opening, and yours seem perfectly centered.

It appears the rearend may still be set back a bit further than stock, which may be affecting your gas tank clearance. I know on my car the tires are closer to the front of the wheel opening, and yours seem perfectly centered.

I think you are right. WE checked on my other '69 Cuda with an 8-3/4" axle and there is more clearance to the tank. Will pull it forward a bit more and see how it looks.

PS: Did you see my PM?

I think you are right. WE checked on my other '69 Cuda with an 8-3/4" axle and there is more clearance to the tank. Will pull it forward a bit more and see how it looks.

PS: Did you see my PM?

Sorry Jim, I didn't get any PM.

nice work. I hope you have clearance for the front wheels after you welded those braces in...i had to custom make mine to clear my 17x8" wheels...

You were right!!! They have to come out. The tire will hit them.:violent1:

Will have a look at your braces to see if they will clear.

Attachments

• IMG_0800.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 2,107
as I have a 67 Barracuda Fastback I would love more pics of the rear suspension setup and I wondering what the braces up in the front wheel wells are for just wondering (ideas for mine) if needed....

as I have a 67 Barracuda Fastback I would love more pics of the rear suspension setup and I wondering what the braces up in the front wheel wells are for just wondering (ideas for mine) if needed....
The fender braces are part of a 3 piece stiffening kit from XV Motorsports for A Bodies
http://www.xvmotorsports.com/products/detail/index.cfm?nPID=298&cid=105&cdesc=Chassis Stiffening
I've also installed the laser cut subframe connectors and lower rad support connectors.

What part of the rear suspension are you interested in?

You were right!!! They have to come out. The tire will hit them.:violent1:

Will have a look at your braces to see if they will clear.

That sucks! I installed the same braces but I hugged mine to the top of the inner fender. I'll have to assemble my alteration and stick a rim/tire on.

Have you tried it with the coil over in? The coil over wont allow it to go that high ever. Unless of course you totally blow it out and it comes out in pieces.

Riddler

That sucks! I installed the same braces but I hugged mine to the top of the inner fender. I'll have to assemble my alteration and stick a rim/tire on.

Have you tried it with the coil over in? The coil over wont allow it to go that high ever. Unless of course you totally blow it out and it comes out in pieces.

Riddler

Good point about the coil-over. I'll stick it it but I think my brace is a little too low.

What rims/tires are you using? What Rim backspacing/offset? I'm looking at ~5.7" backspacing.

A few more photos. If you want more - let me know

Attachments

• IMG_0817.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 2,060
  • IMG_0818.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 2,010
  • IMG_0820.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 2,021
That's perfect thanks, it gives me a great idea on what I need to do to set mine up for "Air Ride".

Good point about the coil-over. I'll stick it it but I think my brace is a little too low.

What rims/tires are you using? What Rim backspacing/offset? I'm looking at ~5.7" backspacing.

I'm using a 17x8 with 5.5" backspacing.

I've got pics in my build thread I think. If not I'll get some as soon as I get my suspension back together after coating.

Riddler

After trying several hoses from my friendly NAPA dealer, I've got a couple that will work.
Upper - NAPA 9128. It is 1.5" on both ends
Lower - NAPA 7515. It is 1-9/16" on both ends. The water pump suction line is ~1-5/8" but it fits just fine. The hose hits the front of the timing cover so I'll add a chafing shield or cut that section off.

Attachments

• IMG_0889.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 1,900
  • IMG_0887.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 1,891
  • IMG_0888.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 1,905
It looks like there is enough clearance at the back of the engine to install the factory AC lines to the evaporator. I'll have to get all new hoses made and new hard lines made to connect to the condenser.
I had to rotate the fuel line and gauge assembly and bend the line so it would not interfere with the AC lines

Attachments

• IMG_0896.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,802
  • IMG_0897.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 1,845
  • IMG_0898.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 1,813
I moved the steering column about 3/16" to provide a bit more clearance to the side of the rocker cover.

I took the engine back out today and have to wait for Jamie Passon to make my 5 speed tranny. In the meantime, I'll start assembling other parts

Attachments

• IMG_0902.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 1,848
Really interested in your throttle cable bracket, I am using the FAST kit as well, is that custom or a LS piece? Looking good as usual.

Joe

Really interested in your throttle cable bracket, I am using the FAST kit as well, is that custom or a LS piece? Looking good as usual.

Joe

Joe

This is a home made bracket. I first moved the FAST throttle cam out as far as I could. Them fabricated a steel bracket and drilled and tapped the spacer and bolted the bracket to the back of it. The cable still didn't line up very well and I ground a small notch in the intake manifold to move the cable more in line with the cam. (I'll weld a better end on the cable so it fits in the cam)
Hope this helps
Jim

Attachments

• IMG_0584.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,863
  • IMG_0585.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 1,828
  • IMG_0687.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 1,808
  • IMG_0689.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 1,807
  • IMG_0690.jpg