SS Slant Six Dart

-
ok so i got the car scaled today! a good friend how is a road race/chassis wizard let use his scales to see whats going on and here is what i got!

first with me not in it...

1472 Front 1372

822 767

605 650​

W/ Me​

1515 Front 1557
894 809
706 663​

the numbers on either side of the "front" are cross weights... the rest are corner weights​

the car has a 55/45 biased so if i get the ballast in it for D/G (3200lbs) then i will be within a 150lbs of 50/50!​

so im thinkin a set bag of quickcrete and some rocksalt...lol​

Wow, Ed, that is REAllY light for that car!

Congratulations!

My '72 Valiant 360 weighs 3,340 without me in it!

What a pig...

Attachments

• 100_3383-1.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 583
Wow, really? what happens when bits of concrete get in the valvetrain/motor?

lol no kidding... in the trunk for better weight transfer anyways...

Wow, Ed, that is REAllY light for that car!

Congratulations!

My '72 Valiant 360 weighs 3,340 without me in it!

What a pig...

yea thats what i was thinkin... and really havn't done a hole lot... another at least 60lbs with just the lexan side glass, then a front glass converted to lexan would be probably another 20lbs, reg delete on the front and rear (fixed rears and strap fronts) so i have alot more to go lol...

I don't know if you posted yet, but what is the hight of your slicks ?

ok so today i got the MSD box in, also the new dizzy with blue streak cap and rotor...

still have the miss at the top end which i think maybe valve springs but will check in the AM...

so go for a nice drive to dinner and then the michelle's work so she can walk a dog (vet)... anyways pullin in and my pedal drops! no brakes! so i get it stopped and get out and there is a bunch of fluid on the passengers rear tire! grr...

then just now i reilized my .476 valve lift was before lash... so i really only have about .460... sucky... so i think a tear down after mats for comp increase, cam, and rod bolts is gonna happen...

thinking another 246 or 48 @ .050 with a .400 lobe lift... 106LSA seemed to be nice on this cam...

what's your current comp now?
Ive ask on slant six org about max pump gas comp and have a lot o'peeps say 10.50 to 1...some said 11 to 1

what's your current comp now?
Ive ask on slant six org about max pump gas comp and have a lot o'peeps say 10.50 to 1...some said 11 to 1

only 10:1 as of now... but been looking at my DCR, only 7.9 on the KB site so it looks like i need to take another .023 off the block...

ok so i tested the springs... 75 seat and 250 open...

so new valve springs are in order...

Have fun with the new springs Ed. SHould do the trick. Bummer about the brake situation. Always something! By the way, the dash and everything else turned out really good :).

ok so dad came into town!! im really excited as its the first time ive seen him in about 2 years!...

anyways i made a tool to remove/install the valve springs on the head and works like a charm!

so just need to install new rear shoes and reassemble the wheel cylinder and its good to go... what happened is one of the wheel cyl bolts walked out, causing the rod thing to break allowing the guts of the wheel cyl to come out... weird...

Attachments

• 100_5053.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 436
  • 100_5054.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 429
  • 100_5055.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 437
  • 100_5056.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 436
Cool. Looks like you've actually lost a little weight, Ed. That'll help the ETs some.

did some clean up and a valve adjustment to the dart!

pics included

last pic for grill reference... re did the grill...

Attachments

• 100_5157.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 386
  • 100_5158.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 399
  • 100_5159.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 375
  • IMG_3786.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 388
So how's it run buckwheat?

still doing it at 5800... jacked the car up i nthe front till it was level and rechecked the floats... had to set them 1/2 turn higher... havn't run it again yet...:burnout:

wondering if the 88's messed with fuel delivery and im now running to much jet?? gonna test tomorrow morn at the track...

If it's shootin ducks, it's too lean, not too fat.

Still shooting ducks @ 5800 ????? Wow.....
The exhaust banging was at 5400.... move the jetting up and it moved the banging to 5800.....

With out going back and finding it.... How much total timing are you pulling?
What plug wires are on there?
I went back threw and looked over some Vids..... I really dont here what the car is doing?

Still shooting ducks @ 5800 ????? Wow.....
The exhaust banging was at 5400.... move the jetting up and it moved the banging to 5800.....

With out going back and finding it.... How much total timing are you pulling?
What plug wires are on there?
I went back threw and looked over some Vids..... I really dont here what the car is doing?

no the jetting is where it has always been and was fine... installed the 4.88's and then started...

-
Back