SS Slant Six Dart

-
got the carb on and was running perfect! still had the top end miss but ran alot better... went to drive it to work and it started falling all over the place lol... long story short put the 600 back on and its all better so the 750 got a peice of junk in it or something...

but yea i have a remote gauge... also still need to do a volume test with the black pump!

EDIT: cant be an intke leak becasue its idling at around 750rpm which is the best ive ever got it to idle at...

Did you ever get this squared away yet?

You just throw it in the crusher or something man? Seems like forever since you have updated this. Anything new? I always loved reading your progress man.

You just throw it in the crusher or something man? Seems like forever since you have updated this. Anything new? I always loved reading your progress man.

no i took a break from everything for awhile! at least a year.

but i have a new set of gears for it, 4.56 spooled.

also got my new helmet and driveshaft loop so it will be front burner again as soon as there is a track to run it at!

no i took a break from everything for awhile! at least a year.

but i have a new set of gears for it, 4.56 spooled.

also got my new helmet and driveshaft loop so it will be front burner again as soon as there is a track to run it at!
Sounds good!:burnout:

Really love the slant six build up. And especially the "HEMI" scoop on the hood. Priceless.

I thought you needed a fast car for a helmet.

Cool thread . A devoted young gun. I love to see stuff like this. Brings back my younger days. I love what you have done with this car. And the fact you are using it and having a blast at the track. Don't ever sell that 68 I wish I had mine yet.

Attachments

• scan0013.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 243
Cool thread . A devoted young gun. I love to see stuff like this. Brings back my younger days. I love what you have done with this car. And the fact you are using it and having a blast at the track. Don't ever sell that 68 I wish I had mine yet.

the 65 and the 68 are the staples. i am really trying to get the AWB up to the shop so i can start on it again

Just wanted to jump in here and say hello :D
It's been awhile and it was good to see this thread moving again :cheers:

Ed,craftsmanship is impeccable. Was wondering if you were on that slant still.

Ed,craftsmanship is impeccable. Was wondering if you were on that slant still.

actually the whole build has been a im planning on re-do so its not how i want it! here is a pic from last year when i re-did the grill.

as of now im trying to get it on collector car insc so i can start driving it again. looks like the shop is gonna be full for awhile so im gonna get the wheel tubs and cage for the AWB and then work on the dart.

Attachments

• 100_5167.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 206
I thought you had forgot about the old heap.

This car is actually inspiring to me. I hope you pick up on it again. I love watching the videos of this car!

This car is actually inspiring to me. I hope you pick up on it again. I love watching the videos of this car!

the AWB isn't gonna get love till the shop opens and that might be awhile so the dart is gonna get picked up again...

lol dug some holes in the driveway today lol... i think the lexan is going in this week and the ballast is coming out...

You know I got to thinkin about somethin. You remember how your rear suspension seemed not to work well? Remember how you argued about the U bolt torque? If you have those too tight, it will cause the rear suspension to bind. 45 LB FT. Go back and retorque them.

You know I got to thinkin about somethin. You remember how your rear suspension seemed not to work well? Remember how you argued about the U bolt torque? If you have those too tight, it will cause the rear suspension to bind. 45 LB FT. Go back and retorque them.

ok.... its on the list... should clamp the front seg to and release the rear...

I wouldnt do that all at once. Just retorque first. One step at a time grasshopper. That way if it slows down, you know what it was.

ok list as of now

Install lexan and strap kit
R&R 4.88's for .56's
Lighten Doors
Battery Remote with switch
Retorque u bolts to 45 lbs
pull fenders and lighten them
pull hood and finish lightening it

that should keep me busy and most if no cost stuff!

-
Back