Star Wars?

-
I'm sure I will see it sometime over the holiday. I'm a old time fan. I sat in the front row of the first movie and looked up the screen when the text scrolled into oblivion at the top of the screen. Hey, it was in the 70's. lol

Jaws and The Shining are the only movies I have ever paid to see a second time.. I think I saw Star Wars back in the day, but the 70's are so foggy for me.. for that matter, so are the 80's.. :D Don't get me wrong, you're into what you're into - viva-la-difference.. I'd be interested in hearing what you have to say if you do watch 'em.
I've never watched a single one. But since this thread has five stars maybe I should.

I'm a huge fan,,,grew up with the originals. Just saw Episode 7 tonight, JJ did a bang up job, he came as close to capturing the original trilogy feel as anyone possibly could. A 100 times closer then Lucas himself did with that prequel garbage.

I was dead set against star wars for years and would not go anywhere near it with a ten foot pole.

One day i was overly bored and had nothing to watch because i didnt have cable t.v. A friend had left the star wars trilogy in my apartment when he moved out of country. So it sat on the shelf for a couple years. Well on that one bored day i popped in the first one and actually got interested in it.
To be a non sci fi fan it was actually very good and i watch them all on random occasions.
To see the new one. I will wait for DVD. Not like anyone will ruin it for me because i dont listen to most people when they tell me a movie is crap.
Some of the best movies i have seen are the no name movies. The popular movies are just boosting the famous peoples egos.

My kind of Star Wars commerical

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7ESP8bPldl0[/ame]

watched it today
first star wars movie I ever saw
it was pretty good actually
reminded me a lot of this movie I used to watch when I was younger

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWVSVgU-I0s"]"Spaceballs (1987)" Theatrical Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Just saw the movie this afternoon, it was very good. Better than I expected. A few plot twists, but the storyline needed up dating. As for the best, not really Empire still is supreme due to its character development, this one did an ok job with that. Thats way many love Star Wars is that we get to relate with characters from the movie. Everyone has a favorite character they pretend they are.

I agree with YY1 the re-editing screwed up the old movies, the CGI ruined a New Hope and Jedi. I also recommend Rebels, I watch them with my son, and they do mention Kenobi when Ashoka shows up.

I agree about character development.

There has been a trend lately towards almost NO character development and Abrams is one of the worst offenders. I hope that doesn't ruin it for me.

ESB has almost a following within a following. One thin that sets that one apart ...the good guys lost.

I agree about character development.

There has been a trend lately towards almost NO character development and Abrams is one of the worst offenders. I hope that doesn't ruin it for me.

ESB has almost a following within a following. One thin that sets that one apart ...the good guys lost.

I never saw A New Hope in theatres, but saw Empire at a drive in, (poor peoples IMAX LOL).
I have loved Star Wars since I was 5. The only other problem is now there is complete over saturation, when I was young you never saw Star Wars on TV, so it was a rare treat to get to see them.

And yes Empire is different because the good guys lose, something that NEVER occurs in a movie. It just what makes it better for me because you do get to know all the characters motivations both good and bad.

I went and saw it yesterday... I am probably one of the biggest Star Wars fans..I was 9 when the 1st movie came out.. It was a magical experience for me as a kid.. Empire was even better and blew my mind.. Empire will always be the best, for so many reasons.. to this day it is still considered the best sequel ever made... Most sequels try to at least equal the first.. this one exceeded it..

The prequels.. I liked them, but they didnt have the 'magic'.. they got a little too heavy into politics and religion if you will .. the characters were thin and felt kind of forced (pun intended) the best of the 3 was revenge of the sith.. Best part of that being when Aniken (now renamed Darth Vader) takes on Obi Wan... that scene was just fantastic...

All this being said, I went in with an open mind.. I still dont get all the JJ Abrams hate.. I thought the Star Trek reboot was ok.. the lense flares didnt bother me, I just thought he didnt need SO many of them... I will say this for the new movie, for 2 and half hours i felt like I was 9 again.. To me this movie had the 'magic' again.. A feeling I havent felt in a movie theater since Empire..When it was over I felt that same rush I did back then of excitement and questions, and that feeling of anxiousness knowing it would be 3 years for the next one.... the new cast was way more natural and believable than the prequel cast.. They are characters I feel I can get into, like the originals.. and this movie had something all the others lacked, humor.. but done correctly (the originals had humor, but very sparingly, and prequels made attempts that fell VERY short)

People can say what they want... and I know opinions are all relative.. but I loved the movie.. and Im going to go see it again.. a couple times LOL

All this being said, I went in with an open mind.. I still dont get all the JJ Abrams hate.. I thought the Star Trek reboot was ok.. the lense flares didnt bother me, I just thought he didnt need SO many of them... I will say this for the new movie, for 2 and half hours i felt like I was 9 again.. To me this movie had the 'magic' again.. A feeling I havent felt in a movie theater since Empire..When it was over I felt that same rush I did back then of excitement and questions, and that feeling of anxiousness knowing it would be 3 years for the next one.... the new cast was way more natural and believable than the prequel cast.. They are characters I feel I can get into, like the originals.. and this movie had something all the others lacked, humor.. but done correctly (the originals had humor, but very sparingly, and prequels made attempts that fell VERY short)

People can say what they want... and I know opinions are all relative.. but I loved the movie.. and Im going to go see it again.. a couple times LOL

If it makes you feel any better, you don't have to wait 3 years this time. Star Wars: Rogue One (about how they stole the first Death Star plans) comes out in just under a year. Then Episode 8 will be here in a year and a half.

By the way, I agree with your review. This one had the magic again. That's a really good way to put it.

If it makes you feel any better, you don't have to wait 3 years this time. Star Wars: Rogue One (about how they stole the first Death Star plans) comes out in just under a year. Then Episode 8 will be here in a year and a half.

By the way, I agree with your review. This one had the magic again. That's a really good way to put it.

Luke, you're our only hope! I am a big fan since the beginning. Speedracer is spot on with his take on the sequels. As much as I like them all I'm sure the latest will be very good also. The best explanation for the issues with all the movies is simply that the first one was supposed to be the only one. It was a vision by Lucas and produced on a small budget using technology that hadn't been perfected yet. I don't think he ever thought it would produce so much offspring and when you start a long story in the middle, it is real hard to go back to the beginning and start over midstream. I can't wait to see it. How many have seen it in 3D? and have you seen both versions and is it that much better? tmm

I had my first new car a 1976 Pontiac Acadian 2 door hatchback... we put the baby in a car bed in the trunk... backed into the spot at the drive in and watched it in 1977... great movie and still my favourite.. we'll have to see the new one after the hype wears out... google 1970's infant car bed and see how we looked after you Mopar young guns back in the day... ha ha

If you start a movie titled 'episode 4', I'm pretty sure you have a plan...

It was originally supposed to be a trilogy of trilogies.....

A couple paragraphs from Wookiepedia. The evolution of the series was a complicated one.

Lucas' original concept was a swashbuckling space adventure movie. He says "the film was a good concept in search of a story." He first tried to have a child buy the rights to remake Flash Gordon, but was unsuccessful.
In 1971, United Artists agreed to make American Graffiti and Star Wars in a two-picture contract, though they would reject Star Wars in its early concept stages. Graffiti was made first and when it was completed in 1973, Lucas set to work on making his space adventure movie. In early 1973, Lucas wrote a short summary called "The Journal of the Whills", which told the tale of the training of apprentice C.J. Thorpe as a "Jedi-Bendu" space commando by the legendary Mace Windy.
Frustrated that his story was too hard to understand, Lucas then wrote a 13-page treatment called The Star Wars, which was a loose remake of Akira Kurosawa's The Hidden Fortress. By 1974, he had expanded the treatment into a rough draft screenplay, which added elements such as the Sith, the Death Star, and once more had the protagonist as a young boy, named Anakin Starkiller. For the second draft, Lucas made heavy simplifications, and also introduced the young hero on a farm, with his name now Luke rather than Anakin. Luke/Anakin's father is still an active character in the story at this point, a wise Jedi knight, and "the Force" now became a supernatural power. The next draft removed the father character and replaced him with a substitute named Ben Kenobi, and in 1976 a fourth draft had been prepared for principal photography. The film was titled "Adventures of Luke Starkiller, as taken from the Journal of the Whills, Saga I: The Star Wars." During production, Lucas changed Luke's name to Skywalker and altered the title to just "The Star Wars" and finally "Star Wars".
At this point, Lucas was thinking of the film as the only entry that would be made — the fourth draft underwent subtle changes that made it more satisfying as a self-contained film that ended with the destruction of the Empire itself, as the Death Star was said to achieve; possibly this was a result of the frustrating difficulties Lucas had encountered in pre-production during that period. However, in previous times Lucas had conceived of the film as the first in a series of adventures. The second draft contained a teaser for a never-made sequel about "The Princess of Ondos", and by the time of the third draft some months later Lucas had negotiated a contract that gave him rights to make two sequels. Not long after, Lucas met with author Alan Dean Foster, and hired him to write these two sequels — as novels. The intention was that if Star Wars was successful — and if Lucas felt like it — the novels could be adapted into screenplays. He had also by this point developed a fairly elaborate backstory — though this was not designed or intended for filming; it was merely backstory. "The backstory wasn't meant to be a movie," Lucas has said.

never seen any of them and don't plan on starting now

But I do have for sale something that is in our barn

R2D2 Pepsi store display cooler

Looking for best offer

I didn't buy it, the guy that owns the barn did years ago, I have to clean the barn out so I think now is the time.

Attachments

• r2d2.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 86
If you start a movie titled 'episode 4', I'm pretty sure you have a plan...

It was originally supposed to be a trilogy of trilogies.....

Actually when Star Wars came out.. it was just Star Wars.. there was no 'ep IV' in the opening crawl.... Empire was the 1st to have an episode number in the crawl... Lucas eventually went back and fixed the opening of Star Wars to include the episode number

I saw it in 3D on Thursday. I enjoyed the premiere a lot and I will be seeing the movie again in a few weeks once the hype dies down some.

Saw it yesterday......AWESOME & might have to see it again!! 8)

Reminds me of the 4th movie which actually the 1st one made...gotta destroy the death star...

-
Back