Starter with TTI's?

-
I used the 440 source starter for $99 I think and works flawlessly and I run 11.8 comp. in my 5.7

I run a power master. Don't have the part number handy, but I think they recommend it on the Tti site, and its clockable. Not much bit that little bit made a difference.

AJ

The gentleman with the Cuda above was NOT happy with the fit of any of the recommended by TTI starters but is super pleased with the factory replacement for a manual trans Hemi Ram. The pics he posts make it very clear.

I use a high torque mini starter from eBay. It cost me $70 and has been in for 2 years. It's a close fit no matter what with my TTi's.

I think I used one off an early 2000's Dakota. There's a little spot on the block that's a good idea to clearance to prevent any rubbing issues. It's where there's a large hole in the pan rail. Technically speaking I could bolt my starter in without modificaiton, but it was resting on that spot slightly. A grinder and a minute or two was enough to give me piece of mind. I've had the starter in and out with the headers installed too, no issues. The wiring is a pain to do since the terminals are up high and tight to the block, but to some degree you can put the wires on before you bolt it to the bellhousing for more room to work.

The Denso Magnum v8 app starters will WORK, but from what i've seen, and this was true on my BB also, the clocking of them puts them real tight with the header tubes. I have a Mopar mini starter already but im gonna sell it for the manual/2500 starter simply because its a good thing to be able to get your hand between the headers and starter.

i tryed different mini starters, robmcc and ended up with stock 5.7 hemi truck TTI sent me free of charge because the recommended robmcc which was wrong.. website has been changed after that.

In my Duster I have a 2005 Ram 2500 5.7 and 545 trans with TTI headers using the factory stock 05 truck starter that fits great.

I used factory starter on my 2004 with 545rfe transmission fit with both the 5.7 and 6.1 tti headers

I am using a bosch starter (durango #'s) with tti on my 408. Can get the number off of box if you need it.

I've got headers and a couple starters, still waiting on the Borgeson box (due to arrive tomorrow). I'll post a new thread with everything once I put it in this weekend. Here's to hoping the TTI's fit and I get this 6.1 running and tuned by next weekend for the road race

I've got headers and a couple starters, still waiting on the Borgeson box (due to arrive tomorrow). I'll post a new thread with everything once I put it in this weekend. Here's to hoping the TTI's fit and I get this 6.1 running and tuned by next weekend for the road race

Was at mopars at the strip last year, tti had a booth, I took these pics, it's proving or saying that the borgeson box will fit!

Attachments

• image-1781086545.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 187
  • image-1342550536.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 173
  • image-907296123.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 195
I'm sure y'all already know this, but the header to fit around the borgeson box is a new special part number.

Box from Peter arrived yesterday. UPS just emailed, borgeson box comes between 9-1 today. Will make sure I take plenty of pics and notes.

Brown Santa just dropped off the Borgeson box! Will post lots of pics in a new thread this weekend.

-
Back