stock slant super six muffler?

-
Look at the Walker Dynomax stainless straight through mufflers.

Could probably use a muffler from a v8 too. I'm sure a stock muffler for a 360 powered vehicle will have ample flow for a slant

Dynomax 17747 is 2.25 in and out, offset inlet-center outlet but 2" longer than newer A Bodies (20" long shell/body). It'll sound nice and have no drone with tailpipe.
Tom

Dynomax 17747 is 2.25 in and out, offset inlet-center outlet but 2" longer than newer A Bodies (20" long shell/body). It'll sound nice and have no drone with tailpipe.
Tom

it is listed as stock for the 6 cyl jeeps. X had one on jeep gran Cherokee, could not her it idle! maybe I need a straight thru like RR suggested.

Barbee, the one thing to remember is the catalytic converter on new cars does a lot to quiet things down all by itself. The performance mufflers used on older cars sound much different then when they are used with catalytic converters (assuming your X had one on her Jeep!) :):)

the X's jeep had the good convertor true.

this muffler is going on a 79 super six Volare with a convertor that the case is good but the guts are gone! so it does little to quiet it down no doubt.

I looked it up and the 79 Volare used a 17" long shell/body and the entire muffler was 22" long. Any of the A-Body 18" body mufflers would fit and work well. Goerlich has 18" body mufflers as does Magnaflow. Yours is offset center and it looks like they were 1.875" in and out and maybe the Super six was bigger? Not sure about that.
Tom

I looked it up and the 79 Volare used a 17" long shell/body and the entire muffler was 22" long. Any of the A-Body 18" body mufflers would fit and work well. Goerlich has 18" body mufflers as does Magnaflow. Yours is offset center and it looks like they were 1.875" in and out and maybe the Super six was bigger? Not sure about that.
Tom

I read the super six was 2 1/4 pipes, but this car has pretty good pipes now that are the 1.8 size, for now I will just get it on the road with a 2 1/4 muffler and reuse the existing pipes..... when I will eventually redo the whole exh system to the larger 2 1/4 pipes. I know my hearing is NOT good but I have had some slant cars I did with OEM mufflers and I can't even hear it idle! ha

-
Back