Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Remember that the doors from the same year Chrysler 300 are identical. There are tons of them out there that can be had from junk yards.
Can't open doors right now. Hoping they do that on there inspection. That way they will check if anything else bent. And I will know what I need to fix it. But he was just looking at fender,2 doors, little bit of quarter damage and already thinking they would total it.

I'm not sure either. I don't think they get to walk away the easy just because your car doesn't have high book value.
His insurance will have to pay to replace the car. Even if they total it, they have to give him enough payout to pay it off and get a vehicle of equal value. At least under Indiana law. Now what I’m not sure on is if that car is used as collateral on a different loan, then that likely changes things and I don’t know exactly how it’d work in PA.

I guess the starting point will your conversation with the assessor and letting him know you want it fixed. If it goes well great. If not, tell him you need some time before agreeing to anything.
Yep and you are legally allowed to have a second, unbiased assessment as well. Most body shops will do free estimates and assessments

My guess is the other insurance company may be in a weaker position to deem it unworthy to fix. The way I see it you're not under obligation to accept a compensation offer from them. With your own insurance policy you have contractualy agreed to accept their assesment methods - which changes the game.

The rubber same as mine?

That's what she said... :D

I was looking for a good pair.

That's what he said... :p :p

DD 01.jpg

Forgive me if I don't reply right away... Trying to catch up on back reading since yesterday.... :rolleyes:

I may have to take a few brakes, you people have been very chatty.... :D

A change of subject here, What's with the guy that started his own Go Fund Me and is asking for donations? I hope his need story is true. my go fund me

When my younger son worked at a dealer in NC, one of the rental or trade in cars someone left a leg in there and nobody ever came to claim it..

Maybe it's still available and the proper side...

feeling under the weather too? I just got a call, the doc that reads my test results... took the day off so I wont know until at least tomorrow :BangHead:

Ahh that sucks. On the other hand if it'd been bad someone would of called.

He's got bad news and worse news....

Well. I have now sold and delivered 47 of the 50 calendars I had to order to keep the price down. If I sell 2 more, I break even...woohoo!

I usually lose about $150- $200 doing this, so breaking even will be a nice change. :)

Don’t get me wrong, I do it for the love of it and giving a few dozen friends a nice Christmas gift at a good price has always been worth it to me. It is just that breaking even isn’t something I expected.

-
Back