Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
my harbor freight is internal lock. Most boxes are. But if someone is going to break in, they will just damage your box. I don't think any of them would be that difficult.
You like those harbor freight ones? The drawers seem to hold the weight ok? My craftman one is just wore out and too many people prying it open

Leave it unlocked and wire a flash bang inside the lid with a hidden kill switch. The first person that opens it will never go near another toolbox in their life!

:lol:
you don’t know how many times ive thought of that. But it always comes down to me and knowing that knowing my luck, I’d forget about it being armed and I’d be the one it goes off on haha

A small motivational victory this week that I thought I would share.

When I first started on my weight loss plan 16 months ago, I purchased 5 new pairs of pants 4” smaller in waist size that were flat front and without the comfort fit waistband that gives an inch when bending over like I was wearing at the time. That’s like going down 6” in waist size.

When I got them, I tried them on and could hardly pull them up halfway past my knees. I knew it would be a long time before I could fit into them but hung them in my closet for motivation.

On Saturday morning, I decided to see if I could get into them.

They fit great! Not even a little snug! Woohoo!

Wearing non pleated pants again without a comfort band makes me feel like a whole new person. It feels like years of accepting being that size have melted away and I am approaching normal again.

I promptly bought a half dozen dress shirts 3 sizes smaller than I am now and hung them in the closet to inspire me to fit into them eventually too. :)
congrats!!! That’s awesome

Who has photoshop, I don't have access to it.

I wanted to get it one time, until i saw how expensive it is
You can get a free trial version that’s got some stuff turned off, mostly the advanced stuff. Usually good for a few months. And it’s usually not the most recent version.

All caught up on Gold Rush now.
Time to call it a day methinks.
2:30 comes early. Dam dog.
Not being able to go back to sleep is what takes its toll. Makes for very long days.

You can get a free trial version that’s got some stuff turned off, mostly the advanced stuff. Usually good for a few months. And it’s usually not the most recent version.
And it will take you years to learn to master it...trust me.

How hard is that to do? Can you just make general estimates or are apps and such that help out?
There's someone I'd like to encourage if it seems like a reasonable route.
Not terribly hard. Just use basic on line calculators for energy burned and then calculate your daily caloric intake using published caloric counts for the foods you eat regularly.

My wife and is using a fit bit watch to help her, but it really isn’t required. My doc was so impressed with my results that he is following the same plan. He lost 24 lbs in a year.

And it will take you years to learn to master it...trust me.
Yep it will. I’m still trying to get the basics all down but I don’t work on it consistently enough is part of the issue.

Interesting day...had Chinese New Year dinner at a trendy new place, it is Szechuan cooking, very spicy but very good and so much food....dumplings, a very different hot and sour soup, giant shrimp, flank steak, green beans. It is so strange to realize that now I can eat whatever I want and I am not ever going to feel that agonizing pain, it doesn't seem real yet.

I had some errands and I got to that part of town very early. Threading the Fury through a very congested parking lot, I hear a pop then the brake pedal gets hard and I have hardly any brakes. I make my way carefully to an accessible spot in the second parking area behind the stores, meanwhile the engine is running a little funny. Called my insurance and the wrecker came. On FCBO they say no one sells brake boosters for '71 Furys but leave it to my buddy Mr. Davis, he'll get me back on the road.

Interesting day...had Chinese New Year dinner at a trendy new place, it is Szechuan cooking, very spicy but very good and so much food....dumplings, a very different hot and sour soup, giant shrimp, flank steak, green beans. It is so strange to realize that now I can eat whatever I want and I am not ever going to feel that agonizing pain, it doesn't seem real yet.

I had some errands and I got to that part of town very early. Threading the Fury through a very congested parking lot, I hear a pop then the brake pedal gets hard and I have hardly any brakes. I make my way carefully to an accessible spot in the second parking area behind the stores, meanwhile the engine is running a little funny. Called my insurance and the wrecker came. On FCBO they say no one sells brake boosters for '71 Furys but leave it to my buddy Mr. Davis, he'll get me back on the road.
Sounds like a great meal. I like oriental food although I haven't tried anything exotic. Just the restaurants in town. Love hot and sour. Too bad about your brake booster. I bet you can find a replacement or even someone to rebuild it.

I thought about getting a booster to have on hand in case this happened. It may take some time to find one or rebuild this one. Much worse things could have happened.

Sounds like a great meal. I like oriental food although I haven't tried anything exotic. Just the restaurants in town. Love hot and sour. Too bad about your brake booster. I bet you can find a replacement or even someone to rebuild it.

Just lose the booster. If you go with a larger bore master cylinder, you should be able to handle that car without the booster.

The advantage is if you ever wanted to upgrade to a lumpier cam, the vacuum shortage won't matter.

I did this on my 68 fury and I can stop it just fine, that booster went face down in trash can. Now I say vacuum shvacuum as the 440 gets closer

Just lose the booster. If you go with a larger bore master cylinder, you should be able to handle that car without the booster.

The advantage is if you ever wanted to upgrade to a lumpier cam, the vacuum shortage won't matter.

I did this on my 68 fury and I can stop it just fine, that booster went face down in trash can. Now I say vacuum shvacuum as the 440 gets closer

Hmmmm thanks it's funny I never looked at solving the problem that way. Several of the big Mopars I've owned had manual brakes and they braked just fine.

Last edited:
Welp time to ZZZzzz, Patriot's Point where my friend and I are going tomorrow morning is a good hour away. I am excited to see the Viet Nam experience and get some education.

Really first?? Was there an earthquake on the east coast I haven't heard about yet??
Good Morning!!

Wow thought someone had come through and banned ya all overnight...haha

Yes it is...

what-day-jpg.jpg

Morning. Got to sleep tge whole night. Guess wife got up to let dog out.
Feel tired.

Yet another crappy weather day. Guess that means a longer gym visit and find something inside to do.

We got more snow overnight.
A few more cm’ forecasted today.
In the last few days, winnipeg has had 800 reported car crashes. The snow must be a new thing to some drivers...

-
Back