Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
There was nothing out the squirters. Just read I'll go out and tap the sides of the carb with a rubber mallet. I remembered that helped a couple times before when I was having problems. If the car runs every few days it never has a problem. If it sits for a couple weeks then there is a problem.
OK. Plunger type pump. The inlet for the accel pump is relatively high. If the fuel in the bowl is low, the inlet is exposed to air. Worse if the seal on the plunger isn't.
Tapping it shouldn't do a damn thing unless there is so much varnish from old fuel drying that stuff is sticking badly.

Fill the bowl the way Ben Drinkin suggests.
And Mike is right about today's fuel. A higher percentage of it will vaporize at lower temperatures than when these cars were new. It varies from winter to summer and state to state and even within state but its all crappy, just some is crappier. Winter fuel is always worse, with higher vapor pressure allowances.

Be safe. At least the neon I had was great in the snow/ice. Actually miss that car.
I figure it should be. small car front W D... Tires on it are not bad, back set is mismatched. There is one m+s, but it's on the back. lol. I am getting new pair of all season for the front this week. Funny thing the One 'winter' tire looks like a less aggressive tread than the all seasons. that one is getting junked. Other will be spare - which is bald and flat. :eek:

OK. Plunger type pump. The inlet for the accel pump is relatively high. If the fuel in the bowl is low, the inlet is exposed to air. Worse if the seal on the plunger isn't.
Tapping it shouldn't do a damn thing unless there is so much varnish from old fuel drying that stuff is sticking badly.

And Mike is right about today's fuel. A higher percentage of it will vaporize at lower temperatures than when these cars were new. It varies from winter to summer and state to state and even within state but its all crappy, just some is crappier. Winter fuel is always worse, with higher vapor pressure allowances.
Funny, My AFB on my 66 the fuel would evaporate over night. In the Holley on my 69, it seemed to never evaporate..

I will...summer fuel is still in there....haha. I use the BP high octane with 5 gallons 100 octane.

Put a big gulp in the cup holder it helps with traction!
I don't think it will fit.. That's actually my biggest complaint so far! Three cup holders in center console and all same size. Too F'n small for my coffee travel mug! :mad::mob::BangHead:

I don't think it will fit.. That's actually my biggest complaint so far! Three cup holders in center console and all same size. Too F'n small for my coffee travel mug! :mad::mob::BangHead:
Screw that car! What a piece of crap!!! Get rid if it!!:poke::rofl:

Just get one of these helps with the traction also
main.php?g2_view=core.jpg

They make like a cup holder adapter for them or just buy a mug that fits silly!

-
Back