Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Weather postponed the work today. Try again tomorrow...ugh!!

Good afternoon folks, just a drive by. Heading out to the garage to tinker with the Duster. High flow water pump and thermostat. Got a new alternator that supposedly tests at 77amps @ idle. Maybe start on the clean up and prep for valve train upgrades coming soon. Have a blessed and safe rest of the day folks!

8781FB8A-3A95-42E9-A596-B91B78DB4355.jpeg
8738A393-19D9-4977-8A0B-B8BCC96ED2E9.jpeg
97B97E53-1056-43D9-BA29-E7154BFF78B7.jpeg
04657E0D-4A1C-4EE3-A33E-0E3344C14913.jpeg
73CF8511-2F40-46E5-BBF3-D62BDA1CD54D.jpeg
Leaf spring bushings. A breeze.

Well we are back in Fargo from visit home to Ark. daughter drove over so no need to get into North East corner of State to see our hero. He is roughly 4 hours away from where we were.
Time flew by, we baby sat grandkids the whole time. Looked at some different areas to retire (again) into. Spent a lot of time with my dad who is starting to deteriorate a bit, he is 78.
Highlight of trip was a back room tour of the Nighthawk custom pistol facility in Berryville Ark. They build some of the nicest pistols on the planet. Many many moons ago when Bill Wilson was still working out of his dads jewelery shop yours truly did most of his welding for his new hobby of custom guns. My boss and him were buddies so I got pimped out for my heliarc skills all the time. We all used to compete with each other in local pistol matches.
The Nighthawk boys are a bunch of X Wilson guys I think. Anyway I went to both shops and drooled all over some very nice pistols. No way on earth I am back reading, holy smokes I think you guys laid down almost 100 pages while we were on vacation! Go fast turn left!

Well we are back in Fargo from visit home to Ark. daughter drove over so no need to get into North East corner of State to see our hero. He is roughly 4 hours away from where we were.
Time flew by, we baby sat grandkids the whole time. Looked at some different areas to retire (again) into. Spent a lot of time with my dad who is starting to deteriorate a bit, he is 78.
Highlight of trip was a back room tour of the Nighthawk custom pistol facility in Berryville Ark. They build some of the nicest pistols on the planet. Many many moons ago when Bill Wilson was still working out of his dads jewelery shop yours truly did most of his welding for his new hobby of custom guns. My boss and him were buddies so I got pimped out for my heliarc skills all the time. We all used to compete with each other in local pistol matches.
The Nighthawk boys are a bunch of X Wilson guys I think. Anyway I went to both shops and drooled all over some very nice pistols. No way on earth I am back reading, holy smokes I think you guys laid down almost 100 pages while we were on vacation! Go fast turn left!
Well welcome back!

LOL just found something out with a distributor cap, earlier ones have different font spacings.
early
20190217_145126-jpg.721491

later
dsc05753-jpg.721492

That was a waste of time,well sort of. At least I know what I've got now... E-brake doesn't work on Neon. Figured out it's just the shoes are SO far out of adjustment. I got one adjuster moved and brake at least held back that I couldn't turn drum by hand. Opened the other side and adjuster is rusted solid. :wtf:. Also one side looks like brand new shoes. and other while plenty of meat on shoes, is rusty. springs are really rusty on that side as well :wtf: Drum on that side is also a lot worse. I really don't want to buy all new stuff when one side works, but don't want one side brand new and other just 'OK' either. I hope to get back in Junk yard this week. Their are several Neons and most have not been there more than a few months. Hoping one had a recent full brake job. I can see if any have nice looking drums without even pulling a wheel...
Good new is the hoses and brake cables appear to be pretty new.

So i couldnt live with the deteriorated condition of the front spring mounts. So cut out rust and fabbed up a new mount to frame brace. Will throw up a photo later.

Intermission over ... back to Daytona :lol:
I went out and blew some snow. I got the driveway, patio, and around my pick up done. Yes, back to the 500. They just wadded 5 or 6 up at the entrance to the pits. Johnson got tagged bad.

So much, Ray!
Standing,welding at eye level and not overhead. Its balanced pretty good, i can roll it myself.

-
Back