Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Just got back slim pickings this year.

Slim Pickins??? Sounds like a country singer....
Guitar.gif

Last week I actually did better. There was a yard sale right by where the car show was. Got a nice barely used Fiskars lopper, unused Bluepoint putty knife, and a roll of copper. all for $5

And what exactly are you going to roll in that copper????
Toke.gif

What size are you making? Car hauler?
I bought a tandem dump trailer. Steel box was rotten end to end.
So im rebuilding it.
Trailer 450
Double acting scissor lift 400
Steel?? Im thinking 1000 as he hasnt billed me yet.
A few odds and ends for suspension, new bushings and bolts. A couple wheel bearing kits and all new wiring and lights.
Worth every penny.
Those trailers are expensive. No such thing as a reasonably priced good used one.
I have enough scrap steel to haul, should pay for fixing it up.

Yep, I think the allergies are what kicked this off. Pretty sure I have a sinus infection now. It’s been building all week and last night it came on like a freight train. I will call my Doc Monday for antibiotics if it doesn’t settle down by then.

When the older boy was in preschool, one of his classmates came to school and said that he had a "scientist infection"....

Wife was looking at forecast. Rain. Rain. Rain.
So much for hot dry summer, it was said this would be a record breaking hot dry summer.
As far as may long weekend goes,this is the coldest one i remember.

It's global whining....

When the older boy was in preschool, one of his classmates came to school and said that he had a "scientist infection"....
When I worked at the gas station had a customer that needed a cadalina onvertable change. Normal hood stuff there!

We went to a company picnic yesterday... It was overcast for a bit... We were hitting some soft balls in the baseball field
If they had a softball field, would you hit baseballs?
a mole. Pay attention...
And what exactly are you going to roll in that copper???? View attachment 1715337239
good for backing up welds. Also used pieces to turn a vice grip into soft jaws to grab my torsion bars...

Should build myself a torch track.

They had one of those at the truck assembly plant... They had welders and torches mounted on one of those industrial buggies for if the chain that drove the assembly line broke, they could get it welded back up and running ASAP...

Downtime on an assembly line costs big money....

If they had a softball field, would you hit baseballs?

a mole. Pay attention...

good for backing up welds. Also used pieces to turn a vice grip into soft jaws to grab soft balls...
Thought the suspension was done on Cinnamon?

Just looked at a few trailers on the local sites. New 8500 and up.
Smaller used one was 4700.
So i will be well under that.
Not counting my time.

I bought a tandem dump trailer. Steel box was rotten end to end.
So im rebuilding it.
Trailer 450
Double acting scissor lift 400
Steel?? Im thinking 1000 as he hasnt billed me yet.
A few odds and ends for suspension, new bushings and bolts. A couple wheel bearing kits and all new wiring and lights.
Worth every penny.
Those trailers are expensive. No such thing as a reasonably priced good used one.
I have enough scrap steel to haul, should pay for fixing it up.

Yes that sounds like it's going to be a great trailer! I have a 6x12 single axle with drop ramp, wish it was a dual axle and had a dump. The price difference between what I have and the dump trailer is huge. Often when I go to dump yard waste at the local nursery I'll be pulling out branches one/two at a time and a dump trailer will come in and be gone! That is worth every penny too!

-
Back