Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I have a stupid conference call with a lab in Taiwan at 8:30 tonight.

Do I really need to spend an hour of my evening listening to a bunch of people with heavy Chinese accents telling our heavily accented British scientist why they can’t do what they promised they could? :BangHead:

Well no thanks to Zmans flawless "rare fish" but since returning from Omaha I have scoured the earth for a nice 68 fast back early Barracuda. Quite frankly I had just never really sat down and looked at the lines on them. They are beautiful, if I find one and buy it I will cuss Zman every time I look at it! Hah! Did I mention his car was simply beautiful and flawless? Albeit a " large sunroof " car. I like a hard top but man o man nice lines.

Whelp, the chemistry of the catalytic reaction is real. How well it works in reality is a different question.

DEF is a 32.5% solution of urea, When it is injected into the hot exhaust gas stream, the water evaporates and the urea thermally decomposes to form ammonia and isocyanic acid.

The isocyanic acid hydrolyses from the water vapor to carbon dioxide and ammonia. From this point, ammonia, in the presence of oxygen and a catalyst, reduces nitrogen oxides.

I worked on developing the second generation of car catalytic converters when I worked at DuPont.
So in simple terms same as taking a pee in a radiator at grade school?

Well no thanks to Zmans flawless "rare fish" but since returning from Omaha I have scoured the earth for a nice 68 fast back early Barracuda. Quite frankly I had just never really sat down and looked at the lines on them. They are beautiful, if I find one and buy it I will cuss Zman every time I look at it! Hah! Did I mention his car was simply beautiful and flawless? Albeit a " large sunroof " car. I like a hard top but man o man nice lines.
Many nice lines with most all Mopars.

I have a stupid conference call with a lab in Taiwan at 8:30 tonight.

Do I really need to spend an hour of my evening listening to a bunch of people with heavy Chinese accents telling our heavily accented British scientist why they can’t do what they promised they could? :BangHead:
Sounds like a old Bond movie!

What spring you want? Something in the middle?
I probably need the stock light spring. 2 stock light springs should be less aggressive than a factory light spring and a Mr. Gasket spring I would guess.

LOL!

My 14 year old daughter just told me that she wants a concert grade xylophone instrument.

I asked her how much does it cost?

She said 625

I looked at her and said if that’s $6.25, you can buy two...if it is $625, get a job.

:lol:

LOL!

My 14 year old daughter just told me that she wants a concert grade xylophone instrument.

I asked her how much does it cost?

She said 625

I looked at her and said if that’s $6.25, you can buy two...if it is $625, get a job.

:lol:
both of my kids were in band. Saxaphone and Flute. ****'s expensive...

I probably need the stock light spring. 2 stock light springs should be less aggressive than a factory light spring and a Mr. Gasket spring I would guess.
Using vac advance it needs to be the way Ray's telling you. You can do that quick in when there's no vac advance and you're drag racing. Thing is, unless your running points, the timing at top end is going to be worse without a heavy spring.

Using vac advance it needs to be the way Ray's telling you. You can do that quick in when there's no vac advance and you're drag racing. Thing is, unless your running points, the timing at top end is going to be worse without a heavy spring.
Yup Yup what he said!:rofl:

Hey Hoppy, I tried every combination today on the vacuum advance. I need to buy a vacuum pump or just suck on the hose and put my tongue over the end to test the diaphragm.
I hear Snap-on makes a nice vacuum pump. :poke:
:p

Ray, Check out that thread with 360 timing?
Its in a 41 Plymouth. Real nice looking. The guy seems pretty sharp. Nice to help people like that.
You could prob set up distributor pretty quick for him.

I have some I want to do and bring there and also a bunch of test sets to go through mostly clean and test. Pluss uber 4-5 days a week and the truck is still not running!:mob: Then the stuff around here. One deep my friend.

How does it reduce MPG? It is only put into the exhaust.

It’s the lean burn design that reduces the mpg, not the DEF.
It along with diesel fuel, are injected into the DPF system. The added use of diesel fuel as part of the DPF system is what actually drops the MPGs. Not the fluid by itself.

As for the fluid reducing emissions, some of the tests we ran when I worked for Cummins involving reps from the CARB and the EPA had us running engines with out any of that system, then with the system as designed and then using a various substitutes for the DEF such as windshield washer fluid, an alcohol water mix and distilled water. The results were rather inconclusive as to whether DEF actually improved the emissions or if it was the actual DPF and burning of diese fuel that helped lower it.

I have some I want to do and bring there and also a bunch of test sets to go through mostly clean and test. Pluss uber 4-5 days a week and the truck is still not running!:mob: Then the stuff around here. One deep my friend.
I thought you had a lackey, I mean trainee.

-
Back