Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I see PA is trying to back off emissions testing. Currently all cars every year for newer than 1975. Proposed change eliminates testing for first 8 years and then every 2 years. Said less than 2% of newer vehicles don't pass. Makes sense. Of course the Dems voted against it. :BangHead:

Good morning. The June Gloom has returned :D. Not that I really like fog, but this is the normal in weather patterns around here. I'll be making the long haul to the circle track across town this week. I may have to drive to the desert and back on the way so it feels like a race day. Seems like 15 minutes to the track just can't be right :lol:.

I see PA is trying to back off emissions testing. Currently all cars every year for newer than 1975. Proposed change eliminates testing for first 8 years and then every 2 years. Said less than 2% of newer vehicles don't pass. Makes sense. Of course the Dems voted against it. :BangHead:
Would be nice to roll back testing/nox level requirements for diesel trucks, Pickups...

That would be similar to Ca's smog program. I didn't get the notice for the first smog check on the Ram this year, so new cars is safe to 6 at least.

They've already backed off on older vehicles.
My '85 used to have to do sniff test at idle and rolling.
The past 4 or 5 years its only been a visual plus fuel system seal check (test pressure at gas cap).
I almost miss the sniff tests - cool to get the report printout -
but that test equipment was a fortune for shop owners. It didn't make sense for them to have so much tied up in something only used for vehicles from the late 70s and 80s.
They couldn't even use it for diagnostics and performance tuning. Kindof sucky. That's like the ultimate combustion analysis machine and can't use it. :(

Prob need to get a set of these soon!

View attachment 1715348703
I will tell you right now, **** piled on pallets is the way to go. I built a set of forks for the 3 point hitch and everything is moveable. I can empty out one shed in 1/2 hour without getting off the tractor. 24x40 tarp shed.
Also put 3 point attatchments on my engine stand and shop crane.
The less manual carrying and dragging, the more pleasant it is to get things done. Or less unpleasant that is..

That would be similar to Ca's smog program. I didn't get the notice for the first smog check on the Ram this year, so new cars is safe to 6 at least.
Well that makes sense.
Imagine Pa copying from Calf something that makes sense. It almost makes your head want to explode. LOL

Shifter went into el camino without a snag. So far. Will see how it bolts down and then find out if car actually moves.

Here are a few shots from my proud dad moment last Friday.
nc_oc=AQkUMxnzWqv3D8O5q6b96M5YyPdHbCyzAyCmDJC-pVDF79nKvQ3ggyzsZqpoV2zeLik&_nc_ht=scontent-msp1-1.jpg

nc_oc=AQnZHyASuf8nHgp8uriOCuqnHR3HYjDVGzzaCJ9ETuQukOrDPSLU3FhZOfUY3JGRgVQ&_nc_ht=scontent-msp1-1.jpg

nc_oc=AQmgqMRhE9hdmhN0U_0PFnDhJyWsbOGsQ9YatwO36ezLE8ed-zj2LhkzkmNOF94umW8&_nc_ht=scontent-msp1-1.jpg

Looking like I will be opening the washer up shortly. (more coffee first) I don't spend much time around it to know what it should sound like, but the pump sounds horrible... I thought I changed that when I did the other stuff, which was a little over 2 years ago.

El camino backed out under its own power. Drives around ok.
Just making a list of needed items and things that need attention and looked at. Its pretty long.
Seats is an important one.
The box is too high and its tippy.

I didnt have to pay. Thought there was a free one and a premium one.
I'll try it from home tonight on the laptop. Might just be the way their mobile site is setup. It wont let me access it at work.

-
Back