Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
We had a real soaker for better part of an hour around 1 this afternoon.
It rained and thundered all around us for hours, literally only a few miles away in every direction. We got nothing. I was really wishing we’d get some, would save me from watering tonight.

First official load on dump trailer
First job is cleaning out the parking spot for it. Wood chips i was saving to make pellets. Now that i work at home its cheaper to buy than waste my time making them.
89B7A113-6143-4E20-90AE-E9FFCA5AAF08.jpeg

Ya, i know..
Wheels need paint. Dont know what colour. Maybe hubcaps...

Didn't make it into the mountains like I planned.

I left at 4 a.m. and made it to a pancakes and sausage breakfast by 7 a.m. then a parade and car show started up. Saw a handful of mopars.

Then I took off with the car packed and everything ready to go. Then about 6 miles up the road ....flap blap blap .... one of my red line tires .... FLAT.

so then I was changing the tire and some guy pulls up to "help" me. Younger guy but creepy as hell. He wouldn't leave even after I told him I don't need any help and i will be just fine. So i was hoping he would go away but he pretty much watched me change the tire. CREEPY!!!! Next time i am not going on a road trip alone.

So I got the tire on and everything put back in the trunk and i took off and he followed about a mile and a half so I turned up this dirt road and he kept going. Wheewwwww

So I waited about 20 minutes and then got back on the main road. Then about 40 minutes later the rear end started making noises. Never heard before.

So I picniced at a nice quiet spot for awhile and then turned around and drove 3.5 hours back home. On the way home the noise got worse and now it's going continuously. I think is a bearing. 7.25 rear end.

So it's time for a 8.75 or ferd 8.8.... more likely an 8.8.

90-92 Ranger 8.8s are sposed to be a good fit from what I have read.
90 to 2009 works but 90 to 92 are 2 inches narrower. I have a 91 for my valiant wagon which is a narrow car but I like the wider ones for duster bodies because dusters have such wide fender wells

Didn't make it into the mountains like I planned.

I left at 4 a.m. and made it to a pancakes and sausage breakfast by 7 a.m. then a parade and car show started up. Saw a handful of mopars.

Then I took off with the car packed and everything ready to go. Then about 6 miles up the road ....flap blap blap .... one of my red line tires .... FLAT.

so then I was changing the tire and some guy pulls up to "help" me. Younger guy but creepy as hell. He wouldn't leave even after I told him I don't need any help and i will be just fine. So i was hoping he would go away but he pretty much watched me change the tire. CREEPY!!!! Next time i am not going on a road trip alone.

So I got the tire on and everything put back in the trunk and i took off and he followed about a mile and a half so I turned up this dirt road and he kept going. Wheewwwww

So I waited about 20 minutes and then got back on the main road. Then about 40 minutes later the rear end started making noises. Never heard before.

So I picniced at a nice quiet spot for awhile and then turned around and drove 3.5 hours back home. On the way home the noise got worse and now it's going continuously. I think is a bearing. 7.25 rear end.

So it's time for a 8.75 or ferd 8.8.... more likely an 8.8.

I liked everything in your post up until the Ferd axle.... :elmer:

Yep, tonight is not a good night for me. My annual celebration consists of some muscle relaxers mixed with Bourbon. When I wake up tomorrow it is all over. You think your dog is a mess, hah. I am the one cringing and neurotic tonight, dang dog is fine!
The noise?

I assume they are not allowed in philly. And it will likely sound like a war zone (more than usual) tonight.​
Yep. Lots of things are not allowed, but that means very little most of time for a whole bunch of reasons.
I can't speak for other parts but around here it can be bad but not war zone bad. I'm close to a big park - which is a relatively safe place to light them off I suppose.
Gunshots around here are now a rarity. So that much is better. Even down where I rent the garage is not as often as it used to be.

-
Back