Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Nichol plating....isn't that like chrome? Is it somewhat shiny? Would the trim on my old cook stove be Nichol plated?
Nickle plating is like chrome. Not as shiny though. I think it was done before chrome plating was invented.

Nickle plating is like chrome. Not as shiny though. I think it was done before chrome plating was invented.

I believe that is correct. Also, they coat with copper, then nickel, then chrome nowadays. They should be able to stop at any step along the way if you want copper or nickel or chrome...

Friend has a 71 Charger for sale. Beauty! 440 Ps,PB,air

69075107_10157493572668210_4070900084823293952_n.jpg

Last edited:

I believe that is correct. Also, they coat with copper, then nickel, then chrome nowadays. They should be able to stop at any step along the way if you want copper or nickel or chrome...

Don't forget about zinc dichromate... it comes in different colors... Not sure if they still use it or not due to "environmental" reasons...

Morning MOPAR Men...well you to Subline One, even though you told me to bring the Chevy to the Fargo winter car show. :wtf:
He says up in the tundra they just aren't MOPAR savvy, or something like that.:mad:
OK fine, I'll bring the Chevy.:BangHead:

Man the view from here under the bus is really good! Hah! Apologies Zman but the winter show up here is a Chevy show! Hurts me to admit but it is what it is. It's not like your 55 isn't a head turner!
Haha just giving you a hard time. :D
Yes we've learned unless there is a MOPAR class, or its a MOPAR show take the Chevy.

Started getting the Nickle plating down. What sucks you have to copper plate steel first to make it adhere. Starting to look like a chemistry lab in the shop!:rofl::rofl::rofl:
View attachment 1715381337

Morning All !

Curious as to what parts are you nickle plating ?

Cleaned up and Zinc Plated the 67's trunk latch here at the shop with a 12 volt battery charger, a few bands of Zinc, and a Zinc Solution.

Polished up nice when finished . . .

67TrunkLatch.jpg

0802171735a.jpg

0802171810.jpg

0803172123.jpg

My Pastor is bringing by his Jeep, in a while for me to diagnose front wheel noise.... Better be on my best behavior...:lol:

Morning All !

Curious as to what parts are you nickle plating ?

Cleaned up and Zinc Plated the 67's trunk latch here at the shop with a 12 volt battery charger, a few bands of Zinc, and a Zinc Solution.

Polished up nice when finished . . .

View attachment 1715381356

View attachment 1715381357

View attachment 1715381358

View attachment 1715381359
Looks great. Off my 67 Barracuda I am going to re-zinc my:
trunk striker and bolts
hood latch and bolts
secondary latch and bolts (whatever you call that thing next to the hood latch)
jack shaft
the spring that holds the jack in place in the trunk
gas filler tube

Looks great. Off my 67 Barracuda I am going to re-zinc my:
trunk striker and bolts
hood latch and bolts
secondary latch and bolts (whatever you call that thing next to the hood latch)
jack shaft
the spring that holds the jack in place in the trunk
gas filler tube
Who will you have do the plating? It looks like a fun hobby to get into. LOL

Hah! Apologies Zman but the winter show up here is a Chevy show! Hurts me to admit but it is what it is.
Unless they are 'all Mopar' around here it's the same thing. At least half Chevy. Then Ford, and MAYBE 5-10% Mopar on a good day. Think of it like a potluck breakfast. They bring the eggs and hashbrowns. We bring the BACON!

Working on my 3rd mower. Pto driven. And of course,tractor springs a coolant leak:BangHead:

-
Back