Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Time for our walk here on the hill @toolmanmike

15664776436147546911637277777682.jpg

I have to get 30 pounds of pork butt on the smoker today. Need some pulled pork for sandwiches this weekend.

Basically, they dip the bread in the Au jus and put hot peppers on top. I fly a box of them (beef sandwiches) in from Portellos when I hold staff meetings. My admin girl will cook them up if she can steal,a sandwich. The aroma funks out the whole place. They are literally that good. Google Portellos and ship yourself a box for a special occasion and you will not regret it!

Portillos and Dukes both have great Italian Beef.... I would not want to pick which one is better because they are both great... :D

No matter which one you pick, you can't loose...

Sublime this place is in Chi-town??

Yes, we have both Duke's and Portillo's here...

There are also some Portillo's over the border in Indiana.... They also have the chocolate cake shakes that Gabriel Iglesias talks about....

Extra sauce and peppers? :rolleyes:

No, that's how Dukes makes their Italian Beef samwiches... I just ordered the standard Italian Beef with red sauce and sweet peppers and that is how they make them... There's no saying, "Where's the beef" with them, they load the beef on so much that the bun begins to fall apart at the seam by the time you get half way into it....

DSC00631 B.JPG

I ordered two of them yesterday and only had half of one of them after eating the hot dog and fries... I can eat the leftover half for breakfast and the other one is lunch for today...

Cat will remember that and eventually get back at the dog lol.

On the contrary with my dogs (Dalmatians)...

My ex used to have a 'few' cats and they would take some cheap shots at my Dalmatians with their front paws... She would laugh... I would tell her that they shouldn't do that as Dalmatians will get even... Maybe not right away, but they will settle the score when the time is right...

One day we came home to find gray cat fur all over the upstairs hallway, then the bathroom was in shambles... The kleenex box that we kept on the top tank of the toilet was knocked off, more gray fur all over the bathroom floor, and some pee in the tub... The Dalmatian(s) apparently chased one the cats around the bathroom and gave it a good shot in the tub and it peed a little... I told her that is why I warned her about encouraging the cats to take cheap shots on the dogs... THE DALMATIAN JUST GOT EVEN....

I believe that it was my female Dalmatian that took care of business as she was the dominant alpha dog and the male was more of the follower and more laid back...

I could also tell the female to "Get the kitty" and she would chase the cat(s) to the basement and she would stop at the top of the basement stairs...

Last edited:
When in Chicago you can find good Beef sandwiches virtually everywhere. It is a local thing. They will have them at the show!

Yes, Italian Beef is part of Chicago history dating back to the old days of the Chicago stock yards...

Chicago is also known for their pizza and ribs...

There was even an episode of M*A*S*H where Hawkeye went through great lengths just to order some ribs from Chicago and have them delivered....

Wife just called and said three big deer with horns about ran over her at the end of the driveway, I told her not to worry about it because they are not in rut. :lol:She said what !! :rofl:

You should have told her to run them over and had some fresh vension....

You get what I'm saying it's nothing offencive it's just is what it is..
I'm sure exchanged kind words with some of the females on here, but again I'm hopeful that it was pertinent to a reproductive conversation.

Perfect example...

You said reproductive talking about women.... :D

That's the way I prefer to find out. I mean for even a female to not assume that everybody assumes she's mail until said so on a 99 % male forum..

You said 'she male'... :rolleyes:

It's better to have a female on the forum than a she male.... :D

Funny story. When I first started talking to Rani I thought she was a guy and said some guy stuff toward her. I found out really fast she was a lady!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You got to hand it to Rani for hanging in here with us with all of the female pictures and stuff we say about women... Barb also...

My opinion is that Rani is very competent with her powder coating capabilities and I feel she does know a lot about cars. I'm sure more than I do!! I also find she is a nice person from the posts I have seen from her. As far as likes on posts goes, it doesn't affect my day one way or another who gets what amount.

I think that you're getting two of our female members confused...

Leanna (cudachick1968) is the one who runs the powder coating business out of a pole barn at her home... She does great work and puts quality high on her priorities...

Rani is the one who likes to put 440 4 speeds in cars and does her research to learn as much as she can...

Both are very cool and I like having conversations with them....

Last edited:
I think that you're getting two of our female members confused...

Leanne (cudachick1968) is the one who runs the powder coating business out of a pole barn at her home... She does great work and puts quality high on her priorities...

Rani is the one who likes to put 440 4 speeds in cars and does her research to learn as much as she can...

Both are very cool and I like having conversations with them....
Yeah I think both those chicks are cool they usually have some good content...

Yes it is! Speaking of which, I found a 12 bix of homebrew Candian Blonde I didn't know I had. Car show coming up this weekend. LOL

Canadian blondes??? I like Canadian blondes.... :p

Or Sweedish blondes, or any blondes for that matter... :D

Giggity giggity.... :p

-
Back