Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
My Sport Fury had them. Till I swapped rear ends. Good swap......

You swapped rear ends???

If I could swap rear ends with her, I would never leave the house...

tightass.jpg

Well, that kind of stripping is good for you, but that's not my cup of tea....

I prefer the female stripper type....
Meh I am not even really into either kind of rear end.
The steel rear end is the most beautiful, doesn't leave you and doesn't ****.

s-l400.jpg

I found some cool nostalgia stuff from back in the old days in my Val wagon while checking for a heater control for Rani....

Dash plaques from some of the meets that we attended.... I attended all of these shows/meets back then with my dad, brother, friends Jim and Bob....

This is how long we have been into the Mopar Hobby...

DSC00826 B.JPG

National Hemi Owner's club meet 1983...

DSC00719 B.JPG

National Hemi Owner's club meet 1984...

DSC00715 B.JPG

Local Scat Pack Club 1983...

DSC00702 B.JPG

Local Scat Pack Club 1984...

DSC00712 B.JPG

Crestwood Dodge Show 1982...

DSC00697 B.JPG

Crestwood Dodge Show 1983...

DSC00694 B.JPG

Mopar Nationals 1985 meet...

DSC00698 B.JPG

Our local club Mopar Muscle Club meet which was also held at the 1985 Mopar Nationals...

DSC00691 B.JPG

Last edited:
I found some cool nostalgia stuff from back in the old days in my Val wagon while checking for a heater control for Rani....

Dash plaques from some of the meets that we attended.... I attended all of these shows/meets back then with my dad, brother, friends Jim and Bob....

This is how long we have been into the Mopar Hobby...

View attachment 1715384062

National Hemi Owner's club meet 1983...

View attachment 1715384064

National Hemi Owner's club meet 1984...

View attachment 1715384065

Local Scat Pack Club 1983...

View attachment 1715384069

Local Scat Pack Club 1984...

View attachment 1715384068

Crestwood Dodge Show 1982...

View attachment 1715384067

Crestwood Dodge Show 1983...

View attachment 1715384066

Mopar Nationals 1985 meet...

View attachment 1715384070

Our local club Mopar Muscle Club meet which was also the 1985 Mopar Nationals...

View attachment 1715384078
Don't you love it when you go looking for something and find a ton of other items you didn't even think of. LoL

Happens to me a lot.

Some more nostalgia....

Auto Custom Carpet card from the 80's...

DSC00759 B.JPG

Gateway Moparts card from the 80's...

DSC00766 B.JPG

Special Interest Auto Club card membership dedicated to Challenger T/A's and AAR Cudas.... (My brother had an AAR....)

DSC00736 B.JPG

An old Bettenhausen Dodge business card from the 80's... I met Mike Bettenhausen back then when he used to work in the parts department (this is not his card)... These are the Bettenhausens that raced in Indy.... Tony Bettenhausen was his uncle... Mike is now owner of the dealership and it has moved to 159th Street in Tinley Park... My old next door neighbor's cousin also worked the parts department with Mike...

DSC00750 B.JPG

Ken's Performance Automotive business card... Ken was in charge of a local car club named Mopar Muscle, Ken is no longer involved with it anymore... It is now called Chicago Mopar Connection and is still going today...

Ken gave me the advice on how to trouble shoot the low oil pressure problem that we were having with the first 340 that I built with my brother... 3 -4 other local guys in car parts stores and such could not tell me how to find the problem, Ken was a great mechanic and told me how to find the problem and it worked... He said to spin the oil pump and see where the oil is gushing out in the engine as I gradually tear it down... I had to make my own priming shaft in my high school welding class as it wasn't available through Chrysler yet... The problem turned out to be the two oil galley plugs behind the camshaft thrust plate were left out by the machine shop that did the work on it...

Ken ran an automotive repair shop that specialized in Mopars and also sold Direct Connection parts out of his shop... On the sign above the garage door on his shop read, "Everything but body work"....

I miss Ken, he was sorta my mentor and I learned alot about Mopars and how to build them from him and his helper Enor... Whenever I needed some direction, they had the answer for me...

DSC00755 B.JPG

Last edited:
Here's a picture of a Polaroid that someone took of me in our 79 Warlock II when I was about 16 or 17 years old...

DSC00740 B.JPG

That Warlock was great... We used to tow our car to shows with it... We rebuild the 360 in it with 9.0 compression pistons, file fit rings set to minimum gap for less blow by, Crane 340 cam, Wiand dual plane intake, Carter AFB, Heddman headers, Sonic Turbo mufflers exiting under the side steps of the box...

Before the rebuild the stock 360 2 bbl used to get 9 MPG highway towing the trailer with the car... After the rebuild with a 4 bbl, it got 11.5 MPG towing the car... I could put it in 4 wheel low and race the local Mustang GT 5.0's off a stop light and be on the back of their fender at 45 MPH - they would get so pissed off that a 4x4 truck gave them that hard of a run...

I built the engine with my brother in a shop after I broke my leg on a snowmobile with my full length cast on (hopping back and forth on one leg).. We build it in a repair shop around the corner from the body shop that my brother worked at... My brother and the owner were good friends and let us use his shop to assemble our engine...

Here's the business card for that shop...

DSC00743 B.JPG

Here's an old card from Juilan Welding... They were a local welding shop that would weld anything... They are still around today, but have moved to a different shop... Coincidentally Rudy from the shop above works in the driveline shop that shares the building with the new Julian Welding shop... I should go there with these cards and see if Rudy still works there and show him....

DSC00748 B.JPG

Julian Welding repaired the frame on my first 68 Barracuda for the owner before me... They fabbed some 1/4" plate and welded it around the passenger side torsion bar mount without blocking the access to be able to remove the mount... That repair lasted the life of the car as I drove it for my last year of high school and my first two years of college before the body rotted too much to fix... My room mate in my freshman year of college and I drove that Barracuda to Daytona for spring break and back with no problems...

Last edited:
A polaroid of my 85 Laser XT that I got for a graduation present from my dad for getting a 3.62 GPA....

DSC00794 B.JPG

Two time slips from my Laser at Milan Dragway from the Mopar Nationals... This was my first time racing...

Chrysler tried to cancel my warranty after taking pictures of me coming off the starting line from behind showing my license plate...

They sent a guy from the Warranty Center to take pictures of all the FWD cars that were racing and tried to back out of the warranty if the owner tried to get them warrantied afterwards...

DSC00705 B.JPG

I didn't get a good launch on this run...

DSC00709 B.JPG

I did a little better on this one...

DSC00707 B.JPG

@George Jets

I have been noticing this name come up in the last week. I am like a record scratch in my mind..... wait a tick..... who the heck is george jets

That is really funny, cause I have been seeing your Posts, the great one: What my co-workers think of my car. Just Awesome.

And I am thinking, just who is this "Rainy" person.

Like minded people I guess . . .

Looks like everyone cleared out.

Lightweights

It's 11:42 p.m here..... my favorite DJ starts his set right after midnight.

Time to get pumped and feel supercharged and hit the dance floor and pool.

Sleep tight, and have sweet mopar dreams. May you snore light, and not be disturbed by having to pee, right as your dream gets good. LOL

I will check in after the party, around 5:30.

Morning.
Major clean up today. Pig roast.
No point throwing out invitations at this point...

So i was visiting with a few customers, 3 of them councillors for the municipality where i live.
Sounds like they are putting together plans for a car show and swap meet.
A fall event.
Would be awesome.

-
Back