Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Easy to go too much cam, they don't get into sink until 2500 rpm plus and then start making power after that. Hard to set up a good idle with too much cam, and no low end vacuum either.

Favorite cam for simplicity, decent idle and great all around performance, the
"340 Cam", and the "Roadrunner Cam" on the Big Blocks.

I always use this cam as a baseline when comparing other cams, cause it just plain runs good.

Last edited:
Dial in Lots of initial timing. Advance to get max vacuum. Turn down Idle to get RPM correct. Then adjust mixture screws/ to increase vacuum at idle. Start at 2.5 turns a a start on mixture screws. If misses/pings at high RPM, limit curve/advance. In my experience, small blocks like about 35 degrees all in advance.

Last edited:
Easy to go too much cam, they don't get into sink until 2500 rpm plus and then start making power after that. Hard to set up a good idle with too much cam, and no low end vacuum either.

Favorite cam for simplicity, decent idle and great all around performance, the
"340 Cam", and the "Roadrunner Cam" on the Big Blocks.

I always use this cam as a baseline when comparing other cams, cause it just plain runs good.
Hard to go wrong with a factory Cam.

Well, I finished cutting the neighbor's grass, now my foot is sore/bruised from all the walking... ...

Dial in Lots of initial timing. Advance to get max vacuum. Turn down Idle to get RPM correct. Then adjust mixture screws/ to increase vacuum at idle. Start at 2.5 turns a a start on mixture screws. If misses/pings at high RPM, limit curve/advance. In my experience, small blocks like about 35 degrees all in advance.
But you probably already know this....just refreshing....:thumbsup:

Lol . . I always enjoy your Posts Rainy. Refined with your own personal take on how you see things. Vision and life experiences in one.

It was raining on and off here like every other day for a month. Mow that lawn, mow that lawn, mow that lawn, full time job. Not to mention quite hot too, AC going house and shop.

Now weather cycle has changed and we are in the 70s and been a little dry for last couple weeks which is ok with me, but about perfect out now.

Hey Rainy, weren't you the one with that older Green D100 with the Blown Up Slant 6 in it ?

Did you ever get that one going ??

Chevy small block. Young feller bought a mid 80’s firebird with a chooched up motor. Guy he got it from never even ran it. It has low vac at idle and a beat up holley double pumper. I have to pull carb and check to see where its at with the transfer ports.

Have to get the young feller here to work on it,he needs some hands on to get some understanding of what its all about.

Have to get the young feller here to work on it,he needs some hands on to get some understanding of what its all about.

Pass on some of that good knowledge to that young guy. That's what I call everlasting life.

The younger guy makes use of your good will, knowledge and experience and then passes it on to the next person when the time is right and keeps it all going.

Cool Stuff . . .

I just got a message from my friend.

Our pool party tonight is going to have 3 DJ sets, and one of the DJs is one of my favorites.

He plays non stop songs that I like and dance to.

We are going to have the fog machines again. That makes me happy because the pool has lights in it so when you direct the fog over the water, it is so cool. Summer night pool parties are the best.

Our pool party tonight is going to have 3 DJ sets, and one of the DJs is one of my favorites.

We are going to have the fog machines again. That makes me happy because the pool has lights in it so when you direct the fog over the water, it is so cool. Summer night pool parties are the best.
Sounds like fun. Enjoy!
Im gonna take my cholesterol and high blood pressure meds and go to bed...

Pass on some of that good knowledge to that young guy. That's what I call everlasting life.

The younger guy makes use of your good will, knowledge and experience and then passes it on to the next person when the time is right and keeps it all going.

Cool Stuff . . .
Yup. I want him to be capable to look after this. Mostly so hes not a pain in the butt. Think we need to try a different carb,and i think we will have to find a smoother bumpstick.

Pix or it didn't happen...

Evening. 70 degrees and sunny today. Meant a lot of yard work, stripping out the summer decor and transitioning to fall

-
Back