Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Not me. Put up a for sale add with what they fit and size, some one will want them.

A few things left on it. Funny story saved it from being crushed. Fred Flintstone floors in it, parted a lot out and my SIL loved the body style. So of course after it is pretty much stripped he finds a 64 we go look at, slant car no options execpt PS and am radio, decent shape was just never washed. Start looking around at it and looks serious low miles. Ask the kid selling it said grandma never drove it at all did not like the button shift then he said it has 6K on it. I believe it could not get two grand out fast enough. Drove it home also. Just not getting rid of it till the 64 is done. Amazingg what little stuff you need.

I spent some money this am. Got a score though! All DP
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Sat I gave the VAT a quick cleaning.
Wasn't too bad.
upload_2019-10-7_7-12-26.png

upload_2019-10-7_7-13-23.png

Only three items physically broken.
1. The inductive pickup's connector mount. Might be able to fix it depending ?
upload_2019-10-7_7-17-16.png

2. The external voltemeter clip boot.
upload_2019-10-7_7-18-23.png

3. Volt selector knob - It works - but can see it was hit .

Sat I gave the VAT a quick cleaning.
Wasn't too bad.
View attachment 1715404762

View attachment 1715404763

Only three items physically broken.
1. The inductive pickup's connector mount. Might be able to fix it depending ?
View attachment 1715404764
2. The external voltemeter clip boot.
View attachment 1715404765
3. Volt selector knob - It works - but can see it was hit .
I would JB weld the connector mount. I have boots if you want might have a knob. You scored all the carbon plates look good.

If yor really concerned with the connector. See if it has a number either on the mount or the lead that goes in and call connector world with either number they will hook you up its a mil spec connector sun used.

Morning. Time to get moving. need to go for coffee, renew my insurance today and wife is ordering a 3 piece tub.
like i need to demolish a bathroom in the dead of winter..

Yesterday went OK. I was leading after my second run, quickly erased by the guy with M3. Then its started raining - enough to feel it was a bit slicker. :(
Don't know how the same guy was drop his time - and then oddly couldn't go quuickly on the last run, which was dry again. I was a little bummed 'cause I thought my last run was best - didn't hear or feel cone. :( There was still wasted time out there. Prob my last event for the year so hopefully can pickup on where I ;left off in 6 months.. LOL.
Final Results

If yor really concerned with the connector. See if it has a number either on the mount or the lead that goes in and call connector world with either number they will hook you up its a mil spec connector sun used.
Was thinking a glue might hold depend on what its made of. Might even be able to make a little reinforcing piece to attach behind it. It's not going anywhere even the way it is.

OMG, called autozone earlier.....

Me: do you guys still have the ECU tester for the old 5 pin mopar ECU boxes?

Eva autozone team member: is it smashed?

Me: (thinking, why the F%&* would it be smashed)
No, it's not smashed.

Eva: can you drive the vehicle here so I can plug in to it.

Me: the ECU box is already off the car, there used to be a little console tester there that said "wells" and it would test these old, from the 70s ecu boxes.

Eva: you might plug it back in so we can connect the tester under the dash.

Me: this is an old car, there is no plug under the dash, you test these older ECU boxes on the bench.

Eva: has it ever been chipped.

Me: omg, it's from the 70s, all of that is irrelevant to this. Do you have a little console tester there that says wells and has a little drawer full of different connectors, I know it was there as of 5 years ago.

Eva: what's the year, make and model. ???

Me: it doesn't matter these ECU boxes were standard for years, either you have the tester or not.

Eva: I need to ask the manager

Me: that is not necessary, look around you, do you see a little console tester that says wells on it???

Eva: so what part is it, we do sell wells brand parts.

Me: ****disconnect the call****

Why do they hire morons at autozone ??
Don't even get me started on Auto Parts Stores...... :eek::eek:

Don't even get me started on Auto Parts Stores...... :eek::eek:
It's everywhere.
Someone with a big name MBA got an idea they could improve 'customer experience' by computorizing and giving a script to the "customer service representitiive". Then hire without discrimination to skills or knowledge about the subject. :rolleyes:

Gotta run too. Get the Fury in for a coolant flush, oil change and checkup (road trip next weekend.) Was a nice drive yesterday to my cousin's. Met two cousins from San Diego, mother/son who just moved to Charlotte. All us cousins are related from my great-grandparents on my Mom's side. The 24 yr old son sells Toyota and supports his parents, whose lives were messed up with drugs etc. I found out after they headed home. A lot more responsible than I was at that age, or now even.

-
Back