Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Taking starter to a rebuilder tomorrow. Thats enough for one day. If he can’t fix,then i will get a reman. $320.

Taking starter to a rebuilder tomorrow. Thats enough for one day. If he can’t fix,then i will get a reman. $320.
That's great if you have someone that still does that. Not sure if we have any, been a while since I looked for one. I remember when we had shops that did nothing but starters and alternators. I thi
nk it was a Mopar starter I had wasn't pulling in. Went there and got a kit for like 6-7
bucks. In stock...

I have used this guy before.
The one i used to deal with on a regular basis in my parts days is still going, but only heavy duty stuff now.

Well done. I am down 30# since start of summer eliminating sugar and carbs from my diet. Dear wife is down 25# as well. I feel better than ever and looking am forward to a mountain goat hunt in BC in 2020.

Found a 251.motor and bellhousing. Same starter. $125. Picking it up wed.

Have a happy birthday?
Im not big on butchering. well, cutting the meat may be ok,but up to that point isnt for me.
i was involved with an ostrich farm years ago, and the big day came, i learned that sort of thing wasnt for me.
This area is just east enough from the desert that hard grasses, weeds, and THORNY plants grow enough for grazing animals.

Cattle land, and goats, pigs, chickens, etc.

Family called needing help, and though it was hard labor moving 1,000 lbs of beef, it was easier than a grounded trailer wiring fiasco or ‘brake job’ that ends in replacing an entire 05’ Ford Explorer suspension
(Ball joints X 8, tie rods, wheel bearings, struts).

I have been out of the loop for two decades, but my grandparents descendants are very close.
I am not excited about butchering, just my immediate family and Mopars, FABO & friends close behind.

Man I'm getting channel fever here. I'm ready to see if I can get some stuff done on the house, truck, a couple cars and coffee while home. Most times I get about 1/3 of what I want to get done completed. 2 more watches and let the run home for fun and games begin.

OMG, called autozone earlier.....

Me: do you guys still have the ECU tester for the old 5 pin mopar ECU boxes?

Eva autozone team member: is it smashed?

Me: (thinking, why the F%&* would it be smashed)
No, it's not smashed.

Eva: can you drive the vehicle here so I can plug in to it.

Me: the ECU box is already off the car, there used to be a little console tester there that said "wells" and it would test these old, from the 70s ecu boxes.

Eva: you might plug it back in so we can connect the tester under the dash.

Me: this is an old car, there is no plug under the dash, you test these older ECU boxes on the bench.

Eva: has it ever been chipped.

Me: omg, it's from the 70s, all of that is irrelevant to this. Do you have a little console tester there that says wells and has a little drawer full of different connectors, I know it was there as of 5 years ago.

Eva: what's the year, make and model. ???

Me: it doesn't matter these ECU boxes were standard for years, either you have the tester or not.

Eva: I need to ask the manager

Me: that is not necessary, look around you, do you see a little console tester that says wells on it???

Eva: so what part is it, we do sell wells brand parts.

Me: ****disconnect the call****

Why do they hire morons at autozone ??

I understand. Autozone back 20 years ago.
Me, i need a carb rebuild kit for a Ford 2100 carb.
Him, what vehicle.
Me, 72 F100 etc.
Him, I need to see the tag on it.
Me, no you dont they are universal kits.
Reread last 2 lines 3 times
Me. Look over at older guy there, hey Gilbert does this guy need to see the tag on an autolite 2100 carb?
Gilbert, no those are a universal kit.
Him, oh ok but I still think I should check the tag.
Me, face palm.
Guess they just cant fix stupid.

They can't even start looking for a part till they plug in year, make, model and engine. What is really great is when you already looked up what you want online and it shows they have it in stock. They first have to go through there routine and tell you what your car is supposed to have. Then you finally get them to find it by part number and they still try to convince you to buy what the computer says.

OMG, called autozone earlier.....

Me: do you guys still have the ECU tester for the old 5 pin mopar ECU boxes?

Eva autozone team member: is it smashed?

Me: (thinking, why the F%&* would it be smashed)
No, it's not smashed.

Eva: can you drive the vehicle here so I can plug in to it.

Me: the ECU box is already off the car, there used to be a little console tester there that said "wells" and it would test these old, from the 70s ecu boxes.

Eva: you might plug it back in so we can connect the tester under the dash.

Me: this is an old car, there is no plug under the dash, you test these older ECU boxes on the bench.

Eva: has it ever been chipped.

Me: omg, it's from the 70s, all of that is irrelevant to this. Do you have a little console tester there that says wells and has a little drawer full of different connectors, I know it was there as of 5 years ago.

Eva: what's the year, make and model. ???

Me: it doesn't matter these ECU boxes were standard for years, either you have the tester or not.

Eva: I need to ask the manager

Me: that is not necessary, look around you, do you see a little console tester that says wells on it???

Eva: so what part is it, we do sell wells brand parts.

Me: ****disconnect the call****

Why do they hire morons at autozone ??

It is like a Zombie on auto pilot.

Bill

Autozone=AZ=AutoZombies lol

You hit the nail on the head, but it goes for a lot of places. Had an example back in Norway, a guy, only A's out from school. We were talking about calculating on paper instead of a calculator or phone or whatever. I showed him how to devide on paper, he just looked at me like he had seen something from a different dimension. Turn off the electric power and this planet is back in the stone age in a fraction of a second.

Bill

So I have another non running car that I decided to take a look at today. After the dart went out last week I started thinking about this stuff more.

So I have a 68 fury with a 383. I electronic converted shortly after I bought it. Oct 22 will be one year I have had it so all this is pretty recent.

After electronic converting it, I drove it around the farm, never plated it, just drove around the yard and did some occasional doughnuts.

End of may comes and I am driving it around the yard and pluhhhhh it dies out and I can't get it restarted.

So i parked it and the summer came and went. Then today i tried to mess with it to get it going again.

It cranks and cranks but no start.

It's getting 8 volts to coil. But no spark.

I did notice one strange thing. I left the ignition on because I used a remote starter button, so I just disconnected the battery everytime I made connections or removed a part.

One time I connected the battery and I saw and heard a spark from the coil with the coil cable grounded to a spark tester. So I put the battery cable off and on the terminal a few times real fast and everytime it would spark.

So this tells me the the coil is good just not being triggered.

So I put a volt meter across the distributor connector and cranked it and saw a open and close action which indicates the reluctor in the distributor is doing what it's supposed to.

I am thinking ECU box or poor connection somewhere. To be continued because would you know, ran out of time

20181105_075909.jpg

Man I'm getting channel fever here. I'm ready to see if I can get some stuff done on the house, truck, a couple cars and coffee while home. Most times I get about 1/3 of what I want to get done completed. 2 more watches and let the run home for fun and games begin.

20181108_234311.jpg

-
Back