Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Looking at the national side of things, it looks like there is an anti-incumbent trend there. Lots of incumbents on both sides lost
That's prob a part of what happened in the surrounding counties.
In the city, there were not that many contested races. For a bunch of offices there was only one candidate on the ballot.
Granted two candidates (3rd District Council-person, and Sheriff) had been upsets in the primary.
But in the general election, the only incumbent knocked out was a first term Council-at-large.
That said, I do think that the anti-incumbent sentiment may have helped the Working Peoples Party take that seat. And they had a chance of taking another but looks like they didn't.

That's prob a part of what happened in the surrounding counties.
In the city, there were not that many contested races. For a bunch of offices there was only one candidate on the ballot.
Granted two candidates (3rd District Council-person, and Sheriff) had been upsets in the primary.
But in the general election, the only incumbent knocked out was a first term Council-at-large.
That said, I do think that the anti-incumbent sentiment may have helped the Working Peoples Party take that seat. And they had a chance of taking another but looks like they didn't.
there's a handful of open seats here in my county where NO one ran for them. Been tempted to put in the next go around for them but resisted so far.

And 2 fathoms between the houses.... I do not like to live like this. Santa Rosa is a beautiful city, very pretty, but the houses are close, close to the street, and the getting in and out of the driveways with my Grand Marquis is an horrible exercise, first I bump my front end down in the concrete, and then comes the butt. Unless I get the car in an angle. And that does not always work. Some driveways are so tight that you have to drive over in the next lane on the way out before you turn not to drive on the sidewalk and ruin your rim when getting off. I have no idea why they have done it this way. The city is made for VW Beetles and Fiat 500.

Bill
We have that in some parts of town actually. I have been lucky enough to live where we have some space. Our first house was on a 95x210 lot. Our present house is about the same.

20161204_074945.jpg

And 2 fathoms between the houses.... I do not like to live like this. Santa Rosa is a beautiful city, very pretty, but the houses are close, close to the street, and the getting in and out of the driveways with my Grand Marquis is an horrible exercise, first I bump my front end down in the concrete, and then comes the butt. Unless I get the car in an angle. And that does not always work. Some driveways are so tight that you have to drive over in the next lane on the way out before you turn not to drive on the sidewalk and ruin your rim when getting off. I have no idea why they have done it this way. The city is made for VW Beetles and Fiat 500.

Bill
I will stick with my small town living. 50 acres suits me just fine.

I sharpen mine on a regular grinding stone, on something like this, no attachments.

Ironton 6in. Benchtop Grinder | Northern Tool + Equipment

Bill
Me to, But i am getting so freakin blind it is getting tougher, At Rays, it was so dark in his shop, had to re-do several. We were installing the new rail tie down system on my car trailer, lots of holes thru Diamond plate. Had to sharpen several bits, and of course I broke a couple.

I will stick with my small town living. 50 acres suits me just fine.
I started out as a town kid but when Mom remarried we moved to the farm. Love the wide open spaces as well. I'm suprised we don't have an acreage outside of town. My wife is a farm gal.

I am all for small town, farm kind of life. I grew up in the boonies, so that is what I know and feel comfortable with. But we were not total hicks either. And we had animals too, so I am used to getting my food that way, and fishing in the ocean.

Bill
We did too. Big garden. Mom canned and froze fruits and vegies. We butchered and had a freezer full of fresh meat.

Me to, But i am getting so freakin blind it is getting tougher, At Rays, it was so dark in his shop, had to re-do several. We were installing the new rail tie down system on my car trailer, lots of holes thru Diamond plate. Had to sharpen several bits, and of course I broke a couple.
And, just so everyone knows, Ray has a very nice shop. Just needs a little more lighting over his bench. I wish I had that space.

Speaking of trees, Here's a 100 year old photo. The stick of a tree on the left is a mighty oak in the neighbors back yard now.

EPSON008.JPG

Almost done my (not) 10 minute job. :BangHead:
Break time...
So...several days ago, I noticed a strong gasoline smell in the garage. Found it was all wet around the fuel filter on the riding mower. the outlet of the filter points up and it was soaked from there down. First I cut the hose back a little and put it back on. That didn't stop it. Looking closer it appeared to be a crack in the filter . OK. Put another filter on. Was OK for a couple days. Yesterday stinks again. :wtf: I guess the hose ahead of the filter was a bit to mushy from being soaked in gas. When I clamped it off to change the filter it got a pin hole. Of cours, not enough slack to cut it back. Damn!. Alright, no biggie... Pulled it off the filter and dropped it in a can to drain the tank before heading to work. This morning, I ran up to the store and got a new piece, thinking put it on quick and mow the back. Well it seems the wire ties I cut were actually wires. Oops.:mad:. To get at them to crimp connectors on I had to drop the deck and crawl under to get at it. What a PITA! Anyway, almost done. Just gotta put the deck back on and get some fuel in it.
Good Morning

If you like snow, try Altmar NY where they get an average of 150” every year. It’s on the Salmon river along Lake Ontario where I used to fish for salmon and steelhead. One morning when staying up there, I woke up and couldn’t find my pick up truck. We got nearly 8’ of lake effect snow over night. The people up there say that if there isn’t at least 2’ of snow on the ground...it just isn’t Thanksgiving.

3EAB90CC-48A2-4F52-9FC2-048819A25091.jpeg

And, just so everyone knows, Ray has a very nice shop. Just needs a little more lighting over his bench. I wish I had that space.
Just put new 10,000 lumen LED bulbs in at the farm. They aint cheap, about 40 bucks a bulb but they light it up like never before. And the best part, the screw right in place of a standard light bulb and draw about the same wattage.

My son is going to be attending Michigan Technological University in Houghton, MI starting next fall. Average snowfall.....202"

-
Back