Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Longer alt. belt I bet. :lol:
nope. same exact part number on the belt between the two. the difference is the bracket mounts across the entire front of the head instead of just a single bolt or two like the LA. Even the Alternator is the same

one of the big things to do right now is to take a 360 stroker crank, turn the mains down and make a 360-408 stroked poly. This is on my to do list as well
I think that will get you a 349 with a 360 stroke. A 4" stroke get's you a 390

FYI....Wheeler Dealer on Motor Trend channel is going to have a 1st Gen Barracuda coming up - next week i think

So I missed the SB details. What condition is it in??

Needs typical work. 1 floor patch on driver's side. Needs trunk floor (has replacement with car), and bottom 4" or so of the quarters behind the wheels. 383 4spd. Y2 yellow, black vinyl top (missing), stripe delete, and buddy seat.

I think that will get you a 349 with a 360 stroke. A 4" stroke get's you a 390
they usually max bore it to .090 when they do that as well. If my math is right, a 4 inch stroke on the stock 3.91 bore would be around 380, max bore to a 4.00 gets 4.02

FYI....Wheeler Dealer on Motor Trend channel is going to have a 1st Gen Barracuda coming up - next week i think
gonna go watch it now. They've not put a new Graveyard carz on there in a long while, wonder if they cancelled it?

gonna go watch it now. They've not put a new Graveyard carz on there in a long while, wonder if they cancelled it?
No, think their season is over. If I remember right that shows new season starts early spring.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TTB2CD4/?tag=joeychgo-20

But the 6012 seems to be harder to find.

Bill
At the time, most folks considered the 6014 a better product superceding the 6012.
The disadvantage for A-bodies was/is the 18 gage wires (and long path with many connections) to the headlights now had to carry more current. That might have been upped to 16 gage for MY 1976, but it wasn't in '73 when Chrysler started using 6014 as standard equipment.

There was an website, Don's bulbs, for all sorts of older and obsolete bulbs. But he was closing down/retiring. Don't know who bought his remaining stock. Movie and slide projector bulbs probably are an important part of that market.
I bought a box of genuine 1038A bulbs from Stern some time ago. I wanted the real thing - and he hates them anyway - so it worked out well. Point is that he sometimes has older and obsolete stuff to sell.

they usually max bore it to .090 when they do that as well. If my math is right, a 4 inch stroke on the stock 3.91 bore would be around 380, max bore to a 4.00 gets 4.02
384 and change with a standard bore.

Capture.PNG

390 and change with a +.030 which everybody would do anyway. LOL

Capture.PNG2.PNG

So it's 2 o clock here and absolutely freezing.

They say beer warms a person, so there was one lonely beer in a can that my friend left.
It's cold, made me chill, threwi but somehow the cat starting joking and he is funny.

I feel tried but I can't sleep, don't want to pee in bed but it's cold out.

I can't find my keys so I think they are still in the car but I think the doors are frozen shut which is not good because the headlights are still on. I think I messed up bad and left it in 2 gear

The tires are not even pressure regulator to but frozen.

I don't want to ride with the cat he might get sick abs he c wants to e as t.
I could go for

What is a poly headdress in my trunk.
I think it's sad, so sad that he doesn't want to help me. I need his help I can't lift that when I'm cold.
I a m using the word as a key to the duster trunk bench rusty.

Wow ion tired from walking so much but I think I I lost my shoe in the key to the trunk duster

OMG what idiot wrote all of this.

Most of it doesn't even make sense to me now. I think auto correct is evil

Well...car is plated and insured, the boy drove it to school yesterday....got a few small things to finish up and figure out. I hope he was smiling from ear to ear!!!! It came home in the same shape it left so that was good...lol

20191104_165501.jpg

20191102_150024.jpg

Ya I know. The neighbor who helps and I were out in the garage the other day.
Cheryl walks out, and I told her the car was done for now.
She looks it over and asks if its back to original. My neighbor pipes up and says everything but the headlights.
I get the look and she says "well WTF fix it". Can't say NO to a wife who tells you to spend more money on the car!!
And that's how the search for headlights began...:D
Does Cheryl have an older single sister?

OMG what idiot wrote all of this.

Most of it doesn't even make sense to me now. I think auto correct is evil
Good sleep will help more than good beer.
Not that I have anything against good beer, or cider; but not the best sleep-aid.
I agree with Mike the hard stuff is better for that, but not a good long term answer IMO
Follow the link in this post from earlier in the year for some better long term options
Stop on in for a cup of coffee

Ya I know. The neighbor who helps and I were out in the garage the other day.
Cheryl walks out, and I told her the car was done for now.
She looks it over and asks if its back to original. My neighbor pipes up and says everything but the headlights.
I get the look and she says "well WTF fix it". Can't say NO to a wife who tells you to spend more money on the car!!
And that's how the search for headlights began...:D
Ha...My ex wife said to me if I spend one more dollar on a Bike or a car she was leaving. Heck that one dollar sure put me in the hole financially.

-
Back