Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I mean, Eastwood makes good stuff, and I can see that thing being real handy for stripping roofs and quarter panels and stuff, but I can't see it working any better on the bottom of a rusty undercoated car, with its $50 or $60 or $70 drum, than a $3 flap disc, and the flap disc will get in a lot tighter spots and not fly to pievces if ya' hit a jagged spot.

As Ray and I have found over and over, there's a tool for every cleaning job, and Ray has most of 'em.

...like these great li'l sombeeyothes for yer oscillating sander. Little suckers'll cut or scrape ANYthing. And who knew til it laid around in the box a year or more til Ray tried it out.

Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 5.41.14 PM.png

I mean, Eastwood makes good stuff, and I can see that thing being real handy for stripping roofs and quarter panels and stuff, but I can't see it working any better on the bottom of a rusty undercoated car, with its $50 or $60 or $70 drum, than a $3 flap disc, and the flap disc will get in a lot tighter spots and not fly to pievces if ya' hit a jagged spot.

As Ray and I have found over and over, there's a tool for every cleaning job, and Ray has most of 'em.

...like these great li'l sombeeyothes for yer oscillating sander. Little suckers'll cut or scrape ANYthing. And who knew til it laid around in the box a year or more til Ray tried it out.

View attachment 1715368253
I think Fien(sp?) was the first with the oscilliting cutter/sanders.
Never used them for car stuff. Do use them for building conservation and related. Got to be pretty careful with the blades. Easy to ruin them - especially hitting buried nails with the wood cutting ones. Still much better than using chisel in some situations (and repalcing a blade is much quicker than resharpening chipped chisels)

I mean, Eastwood makes good stuff, and I can see that thing being real handy for stripping roofs and quarter panels and stuff, but I can't see it working any better on the bottom of a rusty undercoated car
Agreed, -I posted that in answer to Tim for stripping paint...

View attachment 1715368253
I had never used one (or even seen one used). I pick up a $12.99 Harbor fake one for a one time use job. The POS has come in handy for lots of stuff. Might even consider a 'good' one if/when HF takes a dump..

Agreed, -I posted that in answer to Tim for stripping paint...
For stripping a whole car, gimme aircraft stripper, or stryp-eez or any o' the other methylene chloride strippers, steel wool and a bucket o' soapy water, every time, then a razor scraper for the corners and crevices, and wipe it down with mineral spirits. Comes off fast, clean, and ya' never hafta worry about warping anything. Collect up the water and crud, though, or you'll obliterate half yer biosphere and maybe the pets and any crawling babies.

For stripping a whole car, gimme aircraft stripper, or stryp-eez or any o' the other methylene chloride strippers, steel wool and a bucket o' soapy water, every time, then a razor scraper for the corners and crevices, and wipe it down with mineral spirits. Comes off fast, clean, and ya' never hafta worry about warping anything. Collect up the water and crud, though, or you'll obliterate half yer biosphere and maybe the pets and any crawling babies.
Thinking that there may be some prison time out here for using that stuff. And definitely if you don’t contain it!
:lol:

We can’t even buy that anymore. He’s in CA. Don’t think they’ve been allowed to use it since the 70’s. Lol

Strippers ??? I like Strippers !!!

Wul that's just hysteria, as far as its availability here. EPA made a rule banning a lot of stuff, including that. Then the manufacturers brought a suit and DC circuit court vacated the ban on the basis that EPA didn't have the authority to ban 'em for the protection of the consumer; they can only ban stuff for protection of the environment, and they don't have a case to substantiate that. See: They're the environmental protection agency, not the consumer protection agency. But then a bunch of environmental advocates sued EPA for failing to ban the products, 'cause EPA has a rule that they have to ban 'em. So the lawsuit can't possibly restore the ban. But most of the big chains got askeered and quit carrying it. But ya' can still buy it if ya' shop around.

Well then glad I didn't go through with the plan to buy a warehouse and fill with every last one for resale at increasing price as the stock dwindled.

Still hot. Not cooling off much tonight.
Fired up the ol cockshutt and loaded a pile of brush into trailer.
First start this year,gallon of gas,gallon of coolant and a charged battery. Fired right off.
Was planning to move it and make a big burn pile,since i have it on trailer i haul it 3 miles to the dump. No charge for brush and they burn it.

Still hot. Not cooling off much tonight.
Fired up the ol cockshutt and loaded a pile of brush into trailer.
First start this year,gallon of gas,gallon of coolant and a charged battery. Fired right off.
Was planning to move it and make a big burn pile,since i have it on trailer i haul it 3 miles to the dump. No charge for brush and they burn it.

No charge for dumping yard waste, NICE! I hardly ever take mine to the dump cause they charge me way too much, take it to a nursery who grinds it into mulch, then I buy it back lol! Right now I have a 6x12 landscape trailer FULL and it's not going to be easy to unload, not looking forward to it. If I could have afforded a tilt trailer....

Oh yeah, I'm sure it is available, but I think the Navy saw enough airman stripping decks with it that they don't use it anymore.

No charge for dumping yard waste, NICE! I hardly ever take mine to the dump cause they charge me way too much, take it to a nursery who grinds it into mulch, then I buy it back lol! Right now I have a 6x12 landscape trailer FULL and it's not going to be easy to unload, not looking forward to it. If I could have afforded a tilt trailer....
My trailer dumps! I bought a junked one and rebuilt it. Cost me a couple grand but the last 7 loads i emptied trailer with one finger.

-
Back