Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
When I first started driving trucks, I was told to drive Detroits like you were mad at them, and Cummins like they would fail at any minute.
Love the sound of the old 2 cycle Detroits. They weren't as good as an over-the-road engine as they were a stationary engine for pumps and generators and such.

Here Chris

20190709_195559.jpg

20190709_195610.jpg

20190709_195536_HDR.jpg

20190709_195514_HDR.jpg

20190709_195458_HDR.jpg

Wow! Impressive. I'd start with a 120 grit flap wheel to get the rest of the easy-to-reach stuff and a wire wheel on a drill for the nooks and crannies. What's left of it is probly real brittle and about ready to fall off. You can get the wheels that are on that Eastwood thing Keith sent a pic of, at HF, Sears or just about any autoparts.
You can?

Nothing like the smell of cooked gear oil. Turns my stomach every time. Should be done today.

Wow! Impressive. I'd start with a 120 grit flap wheel to get the rest of the easy-to-reach stuff and a wire wheel on a drill for the nooks and crannies. What's left of it is probly real brittle and about ready to fall off. You can get the wheels that are on that Eastwood thing Keith sent a pic of, at HF, Sears or just about any autoparts.
what is a 'Sears' ? :rolleyes:

Love the sound of the old 2 cycle Detroits. They weren't as good as an over-the-road engine as they were a stationary engine for pumps and generators and such.

We had one of these in a 40' reefer trailer to power our portable plants.

!Btg1zRwEGk~$(KGrHqMOKi0EvN9qwlwVBL8USR3mbQ~~_1.jpg

350Kw V16 Detroit.
I did so enjoy starting that thing up in the mornings :D.
Watch the exhaust stacks when I pushed the GO button on the 200hp cone crusher :D

We had one of these in a 40' reefer trailer to power our portable plants.

View attachment 1715368212

350Kw V16 Detroit.
I did so enjoy starting that thing up in the mornings :D.
Watch the exhaust stacks when I pushed the GO button on the 200hp cone crusher :D
Those were so efficient to build. I believe from an V2 to a V24. It was all basically the same.

85 degrees. I have no intention of working outside.
Mazda with ground up carrier, needs pinion bearing. Only bad one in the bunch. No stock. Truck all apart, will finish in morning.

Maybe same materials for drill or angle grinder. But haven't seem the drum like that elsewhere...yet.
They make drums in all those materials but up until now they've only been for your bench grinder, and it's hard to put a unibody car on the bench grinder. They make all those materials in discs for your Makita, whatever, and wheels for your drill. Carlisle was loaded with 'em.

WALTER SURFACE TECHNOLOGIES Blendex 4.5 in. x 2 in. x 5/8 in.-11 in. GR Medium Surface Conditioning Drums-07M423 - The Home Depot

WALTER SURFACE TECHNOLOGIES 2-in-1 4.5 in. x 2 in. x 5/8 in.-11 in. GR60 Turbo Drum-07K421 - The Home Depot

We still have a Sears.

They make drums in all those materials but up until now they've only been for your bench grinder, and it's hard to put a unibody car on the bench grinder. They make all those materials in discs for your Makita, whatever, and wheels for your drill. Carlisle was loaded with 'em.

WALTER SURFACE TECHNOLOGIES Blendex 4.5 in. x 2 in. x 5/8 in.-11 in. GR Medium Surface Conditioning Drums-07M423 - The Home Depot

WALTER SURFACE TECHNOLOGIES 2-in-1 4.5 in. x 2 in. x 5/8 in.-11 in. GR60 Turbo Drum-07K421 - The Home Depot

We still have a Sears.
Or your belt sander. 3M™ Scotch-Brite™ Surface Conditioning Belt 3-1/2" x 15-1/2" MED Grit Aluminum Oxide

We still have a Sears.
I think the big difference is how the Eastwood tool supports it with a shaft through instead of a thread on end. That and the handle setup should give much better control, so your using the whole surface. Contrary to its name‘Contour’ - Looks like it’s niche would be cleaning relatively flat panels. Having the same grits on other tools would be handy for other tighter areas.

-
Back