Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I was thinkin' the same. Let's find a Camaro and test it :rofl:
nah, I'll test it on the dart. it needs stripped. I was thinking of getting a soda blaster for once I get the paint off. The sand blaster I have could easily do it, but its an older one and I cant find replacement nozzles for it.

Neighbor has a 67 Dart for sale. Not really what I want and don't have funds to get into another project now anyway. But...from what I saw it is relatively rust free. Would definitely be way better starting point for a project than mine was.

Suppose the choice depends how bad the body and paint are.
The areas that need welding or reshaping got to go to bare metal anyway.
What's the rest like ?
My car was pretty clean (lots of small dents and dings but basically straight).
The repairs and spot fills were done first. Then the sand down in preperation for the primers.
They just sanded it down and didn't wory much about getting it to bare metal or not.
As I mentioned earlier, the original paint under the window gaskets wasn't touched. That was used for reference during the repaint.

This car is one of 37 built. Professionally estimated.. So rust is a moot point. That being said, yes I wish it was better to start. The easy cars are either restored already or crushed.
Mine is a ‘dime a dozen’ Duster. Like one of 37 ...MILLION. Yours is different. I would deal with rust agin to do a car like that.

I’m back on the front porch with coffee today:thumbsup: Good bit of rain last night, so furniture is all wet out back. The view is better out there, and don’t hear the road noise as much. But unless I can get positioned under the umbrella shade out there, it’s near impossible to see my screen to look at FABO

This car is one of 37 built. Professionally estimated.. So rust is a moot point. That being said, yes I wish it was better to start. The easy cars are either restored already or crushed.
I was talking about my dart, a 1 of 150,000,000 74 dart slant 6 with no options lol

638444136f4257173117e6ab4d4a2cd8.jpg

How my fascination started. Euclid Green with Screamin' Detroits :lol:

Got a good bit of weeds cleaned up yesterday mostly with the string trimmer. Should have stopped there, but then pulled some more...Taking it easy today. Was gonna do a little work between raindrops, but right arm feels like a rubber band pulling up across the inside of my elbow. Almost dropped my coffee! :eek:

Tim, TheView attachment 1715368086 View attachment 1715368087 View attachment 1715368088 View attachment 1715368089 Cuda look a bit different now?
Half an hour with a scraper it will be done!
Wow! Impressive. I'd start with a 120 grit flap wheel to get the rest of the easy-to-reach stuff and a wire wheel on a drill for the nooks and crannies. What's left of it is probly real brittle and about ready to fall off. You can get the wheels that are on that Eastwood thing Keith sent a pic of, at HF, Sears or just about any autoparts.

Wow! Impressive. I'd start with a 120 grit flap wheel to get the rest of the easy-to-reach stuff and a wire wheel on a drill for the nooks and crannies. What's left of it is probly real brittle and about ready to fall off. You can get the wheels that are on that Eastwood thing Keith sent a pic of, at HF, Sears or just about any autoparts.
Good meeting you Ron...Even if you have a Monte Carlo....I wont hold that against you.....well, not much:lol:

-
Back