Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Hey whats up??
Warms up here for a few days and then cold for a few.
The Fall roller coaster...whew!!!!!!
So, are you using the old old bulbs or newer old bulbs? Lol
I have this one -Westinghouse...

32E67A0E-A35A-4F22-92C5-9A9DB2D2DB07.jpeg

Dam forgot to take pics of the bulbs. Craig shoot me a pic of the clip you need also when I am at it.

I think some of you think of headlights when you eat, when you take a crap, when you're at work, while you're relaxing, and dream of more headlights.

I think the last 100 miles of this thread are about headlights LOL

I have the GE 6014's. Its the older look and I'm good with that since its not a points car. Now, if I happen to run across a set of 6012's I'd consider them.
I've got a box of bulbs, I'm not sure what they are though. I'll dig through and see

Any idea what came on the car? I don't know if the parts book has it or not by manufacturer number. No idea. I do remember a big thread on them a few years ago I think on FBBO?

I think some of you think of headlights when you eat, when you take a crap, when you're at work, while you're eating, and dream of more headlights.

Nothing like a good set of headlights right guys?

I think some of you think of headlights when you eat, when you take a crap, when you're at work, while you're eating, and dream of more headlights.

Hey its what we do.:D I mentioned headlights and all these MOPAR parts hoarders started talking and checking their stash.
Then we have Matt who will always educates us with some great information!!:thankyou:
Its a great group!!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Not quite, they won't. 6014s made for the last 35 years or so have the more modern, finer lens fluting. The quick tell is whether the lamps say "2" at the top (old lens optics) or "2D1" (new lens optics). The 2D1 lamps give better seeing, but the older lamps look original. That said, unless it's a points-type show car, there aren't a whole lot of people who will scold, care, or notice if your headlamps have the '79-up "2D1" rather than '78-down "2" lens type marking.

As for brand: Chrysler mostly bought sealed beams from GE and Tung-Sol (which became Wagner in the late '70s).
Dan - We tease them about it being a daily driver, but its definately a points car. It's 99.8% year one correct.
... or will be soon! :)
Our 67 Barracuda convertible u-tube video

Hey its what we do.:D I mentioned headlights and all these MOPAR parts hoarders started talking and checking their stash.
Then we have Matt who will always educate us with some great information!!:thankyou:
Its a great group!!:thumbsup:
I dont have any objection, I am thinking I need to check what I have laying around.

I have never put much thought into it and use whatever comes with the cars. I know I have quite a few originals.

I have the GE 6014's. Its the older look and I'm good with that since its not a points car. Now, if I happen to run across a set of 6012's I'd consider them.
Lemme know if you want the pair I have.
Uh. Lemme rephrase that.
LOL
e-mail me me your address if you want the GE or the Wagner lamp. The GE might be a 6012. No ink stamps on the reflector and figuring out the little manufacturing codes on the glass is a deeper puzzle than I'm up for. It does have the single 2 at 12 o'clock.

Could also have been Tung-Sol according to Dan and that 1978 investigators book. The latter shows it has GE supplied approx 50% of Chrysler's headlamps, Tung-Sol 25%. Just in case you come across a set.

I forget where that chart came from. I bet which one it takes is tied to the alternator output also. Let me see what I might have in some of the books I have.

Lemme know if you want the pair I have.
Uh. Lemme rephrase that.
LOL
e-mail me me your address if you want the GE or the Wagner lamp. The GE might be a 6012. No ink stamps on the reflector and figuring out the little manufacturing codes on the glass is a deeper puzzle than I'm up for. It does have the single 2 at 12 o'clock.
I think Dan mentioned the older ones had the single 2. I got to go will get back to you. Thanks!!

Really too early to be reading that book.
The big number at 12 o'clock
upload_2019-11-8_7-44-20.png

It looks like T-1, etc was just used by one manufacturer, Guide.
GM used only Guide lamps.
upload_2019-11-8_7-46-4.png

-
Back