Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Yep, lots to do and don't feel like doing nothin. LOL
Yep, me too. Did the yard work yesterday. Cold outside today and snow coming sometime. I need to do laundry. Good inside project. I will sneak over to the storage garage and get the snowblower out and running. Going to need it soon.

Yep, me too. Did the yard work yesterday. Cold outside today and snow coming sometime. I need to do laundry. Good inside project. I will sneak over to the storage garage and get the snowblower out and running. Going to need it soon.
That reminds me, I need to order a couple snow blower parts. Dang, I should have done that earlier instead of having heart surgery! What was I thinkin'! :rofl:

Almost 5 PM and I've been surprisingly busy today. Cleaned my desk and spent most of the rest of the day fiddling with this whole Mopar engines crap.

kcrp.jpg

Damm slow shutter speed on phone :BangHead:
Right after they finished, for Veteran's Day they had the best fireworks display I've seen in decades :D
Fast qualifier 00:14.50 @ 124mph

I swapped the snowblower and pressure washer between the garage and shed a couple weeks ago. Need to give it a look over, but I think I only used it a little bit after changing the rubber 'blades' and scraper.

I kinda made a mess for myself with all this firewood. I waited way too long to split it. Some of it is getting old and still not dry right because it wasn't split. So, Hoping that stuff burns OK this season. Dont want to have to get rid of wood That gets too old to burn. I should have kept the stuff I got this Summer separate. Most of the old stuff was at one end of the pile, but its mixed up. Of course some of the newer to me stuff was dead standing. I'll give some to the neighbor that loaned me the splitter, not sure if he needs more for this winter though. Probably won't all get stacked for a while...

My cousin is a carpenter and have a van, and with the doors open for a long time when he is in and out the battery goes flat. So, he asked me, what would be the best way of solving that. There is no switch in the car to turn off the lights. He asked if he could have an extra battery with some kind of relay so the relay will switch off when the voltage is low enough and thereby cut off the extra battery for the lights from the battery the car need to start with. The problem with that is that when the voltage is that low, the car will not start anymore either.

I wonder if a timer would be an idea, open the door or push a button, and the light is on for so long and then goes off.

Bill

I swapped the snowblower and pressure washer between the garage and shed a couple weeks ago. Need to give it a look over, but I think I only used it a little bit after changing the rubber 'blades' and scraper.
Exactly the parts I need to replace

Pull the bulb and add a secondary battery operated LED tap light to provide light when needed.

AD6DCC9C-E47E-4B90-8F0D-A1B75E9E5C6D.jpeg

I have another question. Are you guys familiar with Tectyl ? From Valvoline. They used to have two products that I am aware of, one thick for spraying under the car to prevent it from rusting, black, dried quite hard but not rock hard. Then they had another product that was very thin, and was used in hollow spaces where nothing came to it so it did not really dry too much.

I have been to their site, (Valvoline), and they have only one product now it seems, and if I am right, it is the stuff you spray under the car.

Any thoughts of this, other suitable products ?

Bill

I waited way too long to split all this firewood. Some of it is getting old and still not dry right. So, Hopng that stuff but ns OK this season. Dont want to have to get rid of wood That gets too old to burn. Plus it’s a way more than I will buy n before it is done ven w

I get 1-3 years out of a set depending how many times I run it.

If the bark is on, and your area is on the moist side the wood inside can start to rot before it dries. But, usually when you split it, it will dry. You will have a little reduced heating energy in such firewood, but it will still burn, and rotted stuff that has dried will burn too.

Can you buy firewood on the root here, I mean can you go to someone who has forest and ask if you can cut down some of his trees to clear up his forest, and pay a little fore it, and he get a job done too, and you get inexpensive firewood ?

Firewood is an amazing invention, it gives heat so many times. It warms you when you cut the tree down and chop it up. It warms you when loading it in the tractor trailer, or whatever you put it in, and it warms you when splitting it, and it warms you when stacking it, and it warms you carrying it inside, and then finaly it warms the entire house when you put it in the oven.

Bill

My cousin is a carpenter and have a van, and with the doors open for a long time when he is in and out the battery goes flat. So, he asked me, what would be the best way of solving that. There is no switch in the car to turn off the lights. He asked if he could have an extra battery with some kind of relay so the relay will switch off when the voltage is low enough and thereby cut off the extra battery for the lights from the battery the car need to start with. The problem with that is that when the voltage is that low, the car will not start anymore either.

I wonder if a timer would be an idea, open the door or push a button, and the light is on for so long and then goes off.

Bill
Pull fuse, put an inline switch and fuse in its place.

Pull fuse, put an inline switch and fuse in its place.

He say he is not sure he will remember to turn the switch off always... I can see his problem, when the day is over and he is going to drive home, it is no power to start the engine. And, during wintertime northern part of Norway does not have a lot of light, so he can not use a solar panel.

Bill

He say he is not sure he will remember to turn the switch off always... I can see his problem, when the day is over and he is going to drive home, it is no power to start the engine. And, during wintertime northern part of Norway does not have a lot of light, so he can not use a solar panel.

Bill

My cousin say he has seen a cut off relay that cuts out when the voltage drops under 13 volts. Like to use between a car and the camper caravan. You start the engine, the voltage goes up past 13 volts, and the power to the 12 volt battery in the camper caravan is charged, then you stop the engine, and the voltage at some point drops under 13 volts, and you use power of the camper caravan battery but nothing from the truck battery since it has disconnected. Has anyone heard about such a thing ? I find someone mentioning that Bosch are supposed to have it, but can not find the actual relay.

Bill

If the bark is on, and your area is on the moist side the wood inside can start to rot before it dries. But, usually when you split it, it will dry. You will have a little reduced heating energy in such firewood, but it will still burn, and rotted stuff that has dried will burn too.

Can you buy firewood on the root here, I mean can you go to someone who has forest and ask if you can cut down some of his trees to clear up his forest, and pay a little fore it, and he get a job done too, and you get inexpensive firewood ?

Firewood is an amazing invention, it gives heat so many times. It warms you when you cut the tree down and chop it up. It warms you when loading it in the tractor trailer, or whatever you put it in, and it warms you when splitting it, and it warms you when stacking it, and it warms you carrying it inside, and then finaly it warms the entire house when you put it in the oven.

Bill

Light a fire, keep a man warm for the night...

Light a man on fire, and keep him warm for the rest of his life....

Taking a quick break, been doing the leaves with the lawn mower...

So far 12 cans of leaves done... I may do another dozen after my break...

We're supposed to get 2" - 4" of snow overnight.... :BangHead:

I have a doctor appt tomorrow morning at 8:30 for my choking/swallowing problem... :(

-
Back