Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
What a cluster freck this AM load the truck u to drop off at a new Fastenall, tire is flat? WTF put air in it the valve is slit. Fill it run like hell to Dean across the street since I have nothing but the firechicken to put it in, two hours shooting sheet. Leave get to Harrisburg to Fastenal, have to look for a pallet of course. Finally made it back. Oh joy forgot the milk!

I am not even sure it is possible to spray paint the recess with the windshield in. Maybe I just have to brush it on, but how is that with metallic flat paint ?

Bill
You mean the top of the dash? Gonna be tough to get an even finish no matter what. I think my Duster is a little deeper angle than yours. I had the dash out to paint. Hope you have a good respirator. I'm chokeing on fumes just thinking about spraying inside a car. :eek:
The flat finish will make it a little more forgiving, but generally metallic are sprayed. Even then they can be tough to keep even. The metallic will float different in a dry spray than a wet spray and you get stripes. Did some of that on my hood and deck lid.

What a cluster freck this AM load the truck u to drop off at a new Fastenall, tire is flat? WTF put air in it the valve is slit. Fill it run like hell to Dean across the street since I have nothing but the firechicken to put it in, two hours shooting sheet. Leave get to Harrisburg to Fastenal, have to look for a pallet of course. Finally made it back. Oh joy forgot the milk!
ouch that sucks

Have a Hoppy Thursday :poke:

so i'm getting a bad bad feeling about the durango after that crash. I'm getting a feeling it could be totaled out.

You mean the top of the dash? Gonna be tough to get an even finish no matter what. I think my Duster is a little deeper angle than yours. I had the dash out to paint. Hope you have a good respirator. I'm chokeing on fumes just thinking about spraying inside a car. :eek:
The flat finish will make it a little more forgiving, but generally metallic are sprayed. Even then they can be tough to keep even. The metallic will float different in a dry spray than a wet spray and you get stripes. Did some of that on my hood and deck lid.

That's pushing the low end for temp and a bit high on the humidity.

Thank you

What is a dry spray, and what is a wet spray ? And yes, I meant the top of the dash where the defroster vents sit. Need to paint them too, they are brand new and black.

Bill

Thank you

What is a dry spray, and what is a wet spray ? And yes, I meant the top of the dash where the defroster vents sit. Need to paint them too, they are brand new and black.

Bill
Really just how heavy it lays. Thin coats the solvent flashes out almost instantly, so the metallic stays where it lands. Thicker and it can float and lay out so you see it more.

Here's a cool old photo from our local drag strip from back in the 60's.

neita.jpg

so i'm getting a bad bad feeling about the durango after that crash. I'm getting a feeling it could be totaled out.

Here is the damage on my 04 Grand Marquis, well, on the rear door it is taken out a little, but not gotten to it yet. One company here wanted $3200 for it, and the car value is $3000-3600. So, it would have been totalled since they do not want to pay more than 80% of the value or so.

The cheapest way seem to be to find doors, and replace them yourself, maybe paint them if they are in the wrong color and call it good. And not involve the insurance company at all.

Bill

2004-Mercury-Grand-Marquis-door-damage.jpg

Here is the damage on my 04 Grand Marquis, well, on the rear door it is taken out a little, but not gotten to it yet. One company here wanted $3200 for it, and the car value is $3000-3600. So, it would have been totalled since they do not want to pay more than 80% of the value or so.

Bill

View attachment 1715423259
that's what we're facing too.

Bill

View attachment 1715423259
I took my wife's Envision in the other day for an estimate. She got scraped on the rear bumper cover. No parts replacement and very little repair. $2000.

I took my wife's Envision in the other day for an estimate. She got scraped on the rear bumper cover. No parts replacement and very little repair. $2000.

It appears to me that cars today are made in such a way that repairs are out of the question unless they are brand new. Just toss the car. And people are complaining about the environment and global warming, well no wonder. Just that those who complains about it is as much part of it as all the others. I don't see a lot of them out there repairing their old cars, or whatever else. But plenty of them around Best Buy and car dealers with brand new cars.

Bill

It appears to me that cars today are made in such a way that repairs are out of the question unless they are brand new. Just toss the car. And people are complaining about the environment and global warming, well no wonder. Just that those who complains about it is as much part of it as all the others. I don't see a lot of them out there repairing their old cars, or whatever else. But plenty of them around Best Buy and car dealers with brand new cars.

Bill
yep, combined with the impact adsorbing crush panels, its a $$$ repair.

Bill

I did not mean to take the stand that global warming is either man made or not. Just that if it is as so many says, they are and have been prescribing the wrong medicine the whole time.

Bill

The entire global warming / environme t thing is the biggest gift for manufacturing companies that is possible to give, and the worst for maintenance and repair people. For every worker that gets a job in manufacturing all the new stuff, more than one worker loose the job because of it. Sadly.

Hm.. well, that was my personal thought about the whole thing.

Bill

-
Back