Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So I was going to work on a car today being that I had the day off thorugh comp time.

I went to look in my toolbox and it's completely disorganized from my dad not putting tools where they go. On top of that, the drawers are dusty and look horrible.

So the entire weekend is going to be shop cleanup time. All tools out and inventoried and inspected.

I have a feeling this is going to be a two weekend project but I can't stand a dirty and disorganized toolbox and shop with no order .....:eek:

Wish I had more time to read through all these posts on this site. Just get so busy doing so many things that it's hard to find time. Lots of good information coming from a lot of knowledgeable people.
Like the other day I read a post that had had a video of Ken? beefing up a sloppy LCA. I would sometimes get a clunk on my right front corner when backing out of a parking spot but could never figure it out. After watching him point out a big gap at the pivot, I went and checked mine. Sure enough, big gap on right side.
Another post, in shop forum, had a video about an air compressor air cooler and water separator. Made the mod today and now air going into the tank is about 70* cooler, and gets automatically drained beforehand which should help with water in the lines.
Anyways, that's my cup of Joe for today. Thanks to all who post.

Man do you have issues with your truck slicing tire valves? Second one in a year on the Tikey truck and they are fairly new also. Never had this happen before.

No idea right where they pull through, Dean put them in when he did the tires. Just strange.

Not like a knife slice almost like it was pulled or stepped on. Just weird. Wagon wheel issue maybe? Told dean get me a set of the metal ones to put in. Just always at the worst time of course.

I can't imagine what would be causing the tire valves to slice unless it is a cheaper stem and the rubber is deteriorating.

No idea right where they pull through, Dean put them in when he did the tires. Just strange.
one thing we've found recently with valve stems, you gotta watch where you buy them. Anymore, we only buy from tractor supply or other farm stores. The ones at the chain auto stores, walmart and even harbor freight are either a tad thinner or the compound is a weaker compound. They either tear off during install or the first hay stalk the touch, they rip off.

-
Back