Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Flip Flop Tan :rofl:
IMG_20191125_143942.jpg

Morning!
Was a beautiful weekend. Got a few things done on the fargo,
Spent a little time out in the sunshine browsing around my parts collections. Found enough pieces to fix up the transmission mounts.

Morning mob, hope the Chicago crew is all safe and warm at home. Well done Craig on your judged points award, WOW. Nice score! So I need some actual technical expertise from the collective brain trust that is the coffee club. I know several of you are closet corvette folks. If you will recall about a million pages ago the wife and sister decided to restore their Dads 64 Corvette for one last ride before he passed. As most know we lost him a couple months back and the car did not get done in time. Fast forward to today the cost and time involved to do the job caught sister unaware, she did not believe me or did not want to listen! Now she is in a position to source a bunch of parts, mostly interior. If it was Mopar I am good to go but what I know about Vette parts wouldn’t fill a teaspoon. Who is best Corvette interior parts supply house, and who is best trim supply house for 64 Vette? When they told me all the parts were there I explained to them that would not be the case, seats were out was my first clue! Turns out they are missing a bunch of interior, looks to me like he was trying to sort out an electrical issue.

Morning, John!
Queue karl
In winnipeg for example there was a shop/ guy that specialized in corvettes. It wouldn’t surprise me if there isnt someone in your area that did the same thing.

Its too bad the resto wasnt completed as hoped and my im sorry for your loss.

Best thing would be to join a corvette forum and start picking brains.

Good morning FABO coffee group. We made it out of the show. Nothing like 500 cars trying to leave and load at once.
Currently at our overnight spot in Iowa. We’ll be home later this afternoon.
John PM me the location area of the car. My good friend John, the other John lived up there for 30 years. With all his car part connections he’ll possible know the right person.

Morning mob, hope the Chicago crew is all safe and warm at home. Well done Craig on your judged points award, WOW. Nice score! So I need some actual technical expertise from the collective brain trust that is the coffee club. I know several of you are closet corvette folks. If you will recall about a million pages ago the wife and sister decided to restore their Dads 64 Corvette for one last ride before he passed. As most know we lost him a couple months back and the car did not get done in time. Fast forward to today the cost and time involved to do the job caught sister unaware, she did not believe me or did not want to listen! Now she is in a position to source a bunch of parts, mostly interior. If it was Mopar I am good to go but what I know about Vette parts wouldn’t fill a teaspoon. Who is best Corvette interior parts supply house, and who is best trim supply house for 64 Vette? When they told me all the parts were there I explained to them that would not be the case, seats were out was my first clue! Turns out they are missing a bunch of interior, looks to me like he was trying to sort out an electrical issue.
When I restored my 1960 many years ago, Al Knock Interiors was the best. Not sure if they are anymore, but the stuff I got, was excellent....I think they are in AZ.. could be wrong...

John the parts and things for Corvettes are like any other Chevy they’re out there. Might be expensive but the car will bring a good price if she’s wanting to sell it. She could keep it it would also be a great investment.

John, if you need further help on that Corvette, you can PM me, I can help you with all of what you need.....

Thanks all for the feed back! Not sure what she plans to do with 64, it is only partially done and now that her Dad has passed no real passion for project. Their family has never been into cars at all. The Vette was abandoned in the garage about thirty years ago and turned into storage table for wood shop. When father was diagnosed terminal and asked what he wanted to do before passing he explained he wanted to drive Vette again. Thus the project began. They hired a local guy in Oregon of unknown pedigree to restore the car. I stayed totally out of it for all the usual reasons. I will likely need to insert myself at some point for the rescue but I am staying out of it for as long as I can!

Last day of the show. It’s been a great one for sure. We were judged yesterday and scored a 986 out of 1000. First time being judged like that. Learned a lot. I’m happy with the score and will use the notes from the judges to make it a little better. All are easy fixes.
Wow that's awesome Craig! Now you can actually be a snob on the FEBO site to them!:rofl:

Good Morning Coffee Land. Hope all is well with everyone.

Ray,
I sent a message to the guy from your post on the KH SBP disc brake set up. His reply to my question about shipping...."Hell no, if I wanted to ship it, I would have it on Ebay". Nuf said I guess...

LOL. He is definitely a ***. See that 340 with the numbers matching tranny? That's a score for someone.

-
Back