Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Screw that! I did a block heater in -30. Car was dead and there was no getting it started without it. Actually my brother’s 71 mustank.
I know now how to get a frozen car running.
I’m too old now to choose to work in that kind of cold anymore. Hell, I need to swap out the battery in the SRT and I’m waiting for a dry day above 45* to do it! LOL!

Oh. And to add, i remote started my truck, warmed it up for a good long time, drove to town. was still cold when i got in it. 10 minutes and my fingers were numb.
There is a condition in my family. I will be right back...

Raynaud’s disease.
But they go numb, my fingers dont turn colour though. maybe its in its early stage.
Out in cold weather i basically lose the use of my fingers. Doesent take long.

Raynaud’s disease.
But they go numb, my fingers dont turn colour though. maybe its in its early stage.
Out in cold weather i basically lose the use of my fingers. Doesent take long.
I have something similar. I had a couple of cases of moderate frostbite in my hands before I was 10 years old and a few cases after that into my 20s. Ever since then, my fingers go numb quickly in the cold and I lose the use of them. When they begin to warm back up, the pain is excruciating...like having my finger flesh peeled off slowly with rusty razor blades.

Oh, and another cold weather adaptation I made on that old ‘70 Duster to get more heat inside in Winter. If you notice, the cowl grill vent at the base of the winsdshield is covered in black magnetic vinyl with just small slots for the washer squirters.

By doing this and opening the inside passenger floor vent, it allows for a recirculating of the inside air across the heater core making it far warmer inside and making the defroster more efficient.

The same can be done on AC cars to make the cooling more efficient in Summer too.

9EB7D838-1722-4E83-BD02-6EAB73C901A5.jpeg

Last edited:
Well lower oil gallery plug leaking and wont come out with the torch I have.
After overpowering the Eddy, I put the vac secondary holley on it that I got from Rob so at least I could move it to get to the car I wanted to get to. Pump did the same thing to the holley.

Hey all, got new Lap Top. Got a good price for my trade in....MSI GS75\Stealth RTX 2700 NVidea graphics...

Morning all, been at it since early. Havnt backread. Busy getting this thing ready for cam breakin. Also why I want at least a carport.

View attachment 1715435411

View attachment 1715435412
I had one of those trucks back when I was running my auto upholstery business. It was the replacement for the ‘70 Duster I was using. The truck was a ‘72 F250 2WD, 390 engine with an aluminum intake, 4 bbl, headers, backed up with a 3 Speed column shift manual and a 4.10 locker rear from an F350. It was a beast!

0B38A0E5-B714-4F8E-9283-F03BC2D65B4C.jpeg

Last edited:
I had one of those trucks back when I was running my auto upholstery business. It was the replacement for the ‘70 Duster I was using. The truck was a ‘72 F250 2WD, 390 engine with an aluminum intake, 4 bbl, headers backed up with a 3 Speed column shift manual and a 4.10 locker rear from an F350. It was a beast!

View attachment 1715435616
Passed everything except gas stations.

IMG-74eb613330b61b7fca85d72388561c88-V.jpg
I'm up in Saigon now, because I'm going home in two days. Sad, really, I like it here. Last night was out on the big party street untill 2 am...

-
Back