Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
In other news, I am really interested in the science behind oils. I never thought too much about the different transmission fluids they have until recently.

Now I want to know why the need for different ones and what makes the difference, like scientifically.

For lubrication and cleansing properties most likely...

I often try to imagine things on a molecular level.
I think of hot water when I am washing dishes and i imagine all the oxygen atoms having covalent bonds and quickly separating and establishing multiple other covalent bonds per second and going faster as the temperature rises.

Then I think of the water droplets broken down by soap and entering the pores of the dish and then rushing back out with foreign particles being pushed off.

It's fun to have an imagination during chores

I try to figure out how temperature can speed up reactions and cold slows them down...

Did exactly as I would.
Its not any different than someone going up on a porch here or around back of the house 'just looking' for trash. Sorry pal. When its out on the sidewalk with a 'free' sign on it, its all yours. When someone is looking around the property, they are acting like a potential thief. The last thing they ought to be doing is opening doors or the hood. Knock on the door is OK, but he shouldn't be surprised by your response. He would have done a lot better if he showed some interest in the situation rather than that his main interest was taking it. Some people think everything and everyone can be bought.

When I lived in Detroit, we came home one time and found a guy inside our enclosed porch... He climbed through one of the open windows and was looking around... I asked him what he was doing and he said, "I'm just rummaging"...

I let my two Dalmatians and Black Lab mixed with an Irish Setter out in the back yard to keep him there while I called the police and had him taken away.... The dogs blocked any escape route that he had... The Dalmatians were a good 60 - 65 lbs each and the Lab was a good 95 lb... They stood and barked at him to keep him in the porch while the police came....

Luckily we kept the door from the porch to the house locked all the time... Plus the dogs had free run of the house and wouldn't let strangers in....

I had to give a presentation to the United Nations... I started out asking "Where are you all from"???

There wasn't enough time for anything else.... :D

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then onto a sea-saw, then jump through a hoop of fire... :D

They train for that.... :BangHead:

Morning Karl

Hi Ray...
wave.gif

Pets got to love them. What you been up to?

Just trying to get through work, one week at a time...

I've been fighting a cold since last weekend...

A huge tree fell in my yard two weeks ago the day before Thanksgiving... I woke up on Thanksgiving to see the tree had fallen in the back and just missed the garage....

DSC02792 B.JPG

DSC02795 B.JPG

DSC02799 B.JPG

DSC02807 B.JPG

DSC02820 B.JPG

DSC02815 B2.jpg

DSC02863 B.JPG

Dam that was lucky. Insurance cover the removal?

No, it came down on the power lines, so Edison had their crew out to cut the trunk and remove it for the power lines... I get to cut it up and remove it now...

IT bent two poles when it came down... They have straightened up the poles and cleared the lines... The phone company was out this week fixing their lines as they hung too low after the poles were straightened out... Edison is only allowed to touch their own lines, the other utilities have to fix their own lines...

The tree came down on Wed before thanksgiving when we had 50 - 60 MPH wind gusts...

Dam that was lucky. Insurance cover the removal?

It's better not to get the insurance company involved, then the rates will go up if I make a claim...

Plus some of the guys on here said that the tree looks like a red oak which is supposed to be good for smoking meats... My buddy Doug has a meat smoker and smokes some meat, I will offer some of the wood to him and some to his father in law that said he needed some fire wood last spring...

I have done a few claims and it never went up at all, kind of surprised by that actually. I can see if it is a few a year mine have been over ten years though.

I have done a few claims and it never went up at all, kind of surprised by that actually. I can see if it is a few a year mine have been over ten years though.

One of my mom's neighbor's kid ran into the side of her house on a bike and sent the doctor bills to here insurance and her rates went up after that... She was pissed... :mad:

Why was the kid riding the bike so far off the side walk??? :realcrazy:

-
Back