Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Did you pull the piece out of the block?
Its basically 5/16 tubing with a bubble. Maybe 3/8”.

If hole is undersize, why not just drill it larger?

First - do what TJ suggested - check for whats in the hole.
Then do some measuring. :poke:
Your drill bit set can be used for pin gages - unless you have them new fangled ones..

Before you get too far down the path , one of the things to check is the dipstick length and tube combo puts the mark at the 4 qt level in the sump.
Never assume!

Waaaay too much logic being applied here...

:rofl:

I can’t find one. The LA one is bigger and won’t fit. The replacement ones sold by advance auto and classic industries both are the same diameter as the LAs even though they claim to fit the poly. Tried those this week. I’ve got a wanted add up and so far nada
My guess is something is still in there.

Ok, this is bizarre and I have little explanation for it. Two days ago, I noticed that the hair on my head seemed to be regrowing. I thought maybe I was imagining it, so I decided to take a photo for later comparison just in case it continued. Today I thought my hair felt fuller, so I took another pic.

Holy crap! My hair is growing back! There are only 2 days betweeen these photos.

9A85ADF3-2704-42F7-A4B0-31255D011FF3.jpeg

I have only done one thing different in the past 2 weeks as far as my hair is concerned and it isn’t drugs, topical treatments or anything else, just a scalp brush for washing my hair. I have no explanation for this and find it hard to believe using a scalp brush caused this to suddenly happen.

WTF??

Last edited:
Were you bitten by a werewolf?
Jeezus, IDK what the hell is going on. Even my wife is a bit freaked out by it. There is no explanation for sudden hair regrowth like this that I know of. It makes me more than a bit concerned that something has gone haywire in my biological systems.

Ok, this is bizarre and I have little explanation for it. Two days ago, I noticed that the hair on my head seemed to be regrowing. I thought maybe I was imagining it, so I decided to take a photo for later comparison just in case it continued. Today I thought my hair felt fuller, so I took another pic.

Holy crap! My hair is growing back! There are only 2 days betweeen these photos.

View attachment 1715437475

I have only done one thing different in the past 2 weeks as far as my hair is concerned and it isn’t drugs, topical treatments or anything else, just a scalp brush for washing my hair. I have no explanation for this and find it hard to believe using a scalp brush caused this to suddenly happen.

WTF??
Estrogen...... stuff sure makes the hair thick.

At least that is my understanding of it

A few calls and I have appointments with my Primary care doc Monday, my Cardiologist Tuesday and an Endrocinologist on Wednesday. I am getting them to all work in concert.

This just makes no sense and I need to figure out if it is a Happy miracle...or a serious medical issue.

Happy miracles never seem to be something that ever happens to me...so I am concerned.

I've got one car visable from the street but I live in a slow neighborhood where we recognize most of vehicles passing by.

So this evening just a bit ago, I'm nodded out on the couch and hear a semi passing by slowly, I disregard because there is some road construction going on so i ignore it. The semi almost seemed to stop in front of the house but I am half asleep and don't care.

Then a few minutes later i hear a car hood slam shut, it sounds really close as in my driveway, like my fury.

I got up and rushed to the window and just as I look out a scruffy guy is coming up to my porch in a construction vest.

I open the door and he says "hi ma'am do you who owns that ol car there"

I said, "did you open the hood"

He says "well yea, I see it gots the 383, I would like to buy it"

I said, " do you really think it's nice to be opening hoods of other people's cars?"

He said " well gee lady I just took a peek, i didn't harm nothing"

I said, " I don't think it's very nice"

He said "so do you know who owns it"

I said, " yea me!! And we are going to have a problem if you do that again"

He left his card on the porch but I'm feeling kinda upset about it. Am I making a big deal??

I've got one car visable from the street but I live in a slow neighborhood where we recognize most of vehicles passing by.

So this evening just a bit ago, I'm nodded out on the couch and hear a semi passing by slowly, I disregard because there is some road construction going on so i ignore it. The semi almost seemed to stop in front of the house but I am half asleep and don't care.

Then a few minutes later i hear a car hood slam shut, it sounds really close as in my driveway, like my fury.

I got up and rushed to the window and just as I look out a scruffy guy is coming up to my porch in a construction vest.

I said, " do you really think it's nice to be opening hoods of other people's cars?"

He left his card on the porch but I'm feeling kinda upset about it. Am I making a big deal??
No, you are correct that it is wrong and improper. Take the card and call the cops with the info. Trespassing and opening the hood are likely enough for them to talk to the guy at least and explain his error to him...and make him think twice about doing it again.

Maybe......

Well, it might have been innocent enough. He must have thought it was for sale, I have done that with cars for sale.....
Maybe, but unless the car is clearly signed as “For Sale” the right to inspect does not exist.

It would be the same as randomly opening someone’s front door to see what the inside of their house looked like because you might want to buy it...even though it is not listed as “For Sale”.

I remember a couple summers ago a young guy came by asking about a duster but he introduced himself and small talked and I stated not for sale, but I ended up showing him the car and car chatted for awhile. To me, that's the way to do it.

Maybe I should apologize to this guy because I feel a little bad but i wasn't THAT rough.

I remember a couple summers ago a young guy came by asking about a duster but he introduced himself and small talked and I stated not for sale, but I ended up showing him the car and car chatted for awhile. To me, that's the way to do it.

Maybe I should apologize to this guy because I feel a little bad but i wasn't THAT rough.
Nah, no biggie.....IMO

In other news, I am really interested in the science behind oils. I never thought too much about the different transmission fluids they have until recently.

Now I want to know why the need for different ones and what makes the difference, like scientifically.

Nah, no biggie.....IMO
Well, Let me put it this way.

If someone would have walked up my driveway and opened the hood on your ‘66 GT while it was here, I would have likely put a cap in their ***...and been legally justified to do it.

No one has the right to walk onto my property and open up the doors, hood or trunks on my vehicles...period.

Last edited:
I have turned into such an ***
I laughed at your post.
Oops. Thought you were talking about the early Barracuda thread.
In other news, I am really interested in the science behind oils. I never thought too much about the different transmission fluids they have until recently.

Now I want to know why the need for different ones and what makes the difference, like scientifically.
Yes interesting.

-
Back