Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
In other news, I am really interested in the science behind oils. I never thought too much about the different transmission fluids they have until recently.

Now I want to know why the need for different ones and what makes the difference, like scientifically.
Well, if you want, I have a colleague who is a Ph.D. Tribologist and expert in such matters that I can introduce you to.

I often try to imagine things on a molecular level.
I think of hot water when I am washing dishes and i imagine all the oxygen atoms having covalent bonds and quickly separating and establishing multiple other covalent bonds per second and going faster as the temperature rises.

Then I think of the water droplets broken down by soap and entering the pores of the dish and then rushing back out with foreign particles being pushed off.

It's fun to have an imagination during chores

My daughter and a couple of her friends went to the High School Christmas Dance together tonight and landed back here for Pizza, conversation and laughs.

Oh, to be 15 again...:)

8F6B9B41-3337-4D7D-9EF0-599BB8463275.jpeg

I think of hot water when I am washing dishes and i imagine all the oxygen atoms having covalent bonds and quickly separating and establishing multiple other covalent bonds per second and going faster as the temperature rises.

Then I think of the water droplets broken down by soap and entering the pores of the dish and then rushing back out with foreign particles being pushed off.

Wow, that sounds like something D Daddy would say. LOL

I used to have thoughts like those but they usually involved the consumption of a controlled substance :rolleyes:. A job with mandatory drug tests after an accident or injury brought those musings to a quick end :lol:.

Tell me I am not the only one who thinks about internal engine parts moving, while you're driving.

I drive and imagine the oil slinging on the moving parts and the fuel igniting and going through the intake and the whole way through

I wouldn't want to be 15 again, when I was 15, I wasnt into cars yet.

I was just an average kid with no direction and had no idea what I was going to do.

Life seemed scary and overwhelming, and scary

It wasn't till I started my love affair with cars that I started living. Cars can teach science, life lessons, physics, and are a credit to great human thinking.

Cars are the best creation by man kind and a credit to opposable thumbs.

You would enjoy getting a full understanding of Chemistry and learning that detergency and surface chemistry is all about non-covalent bonds driven instead by hydrogen bonding. Interfacial tension modification, hydrogen bonding and film formation are all principles of it that may astound you.

I wouldn't want to be 15 again, when I was 15, I wasnt into cars yet.

I was just an average kid with no direction and had no idea what I was going to do.

Life seemed scary and overwhelming, and scary

It wasn't till I started my love affair with cars that I started living. Cars can teach science, life lessons, physics, and are a credit to great human thinking.

Cars are the best creation by man kind and a credit to opposable thumbs.
Your 15 years of age memories and mine are quite different...as are the ones my daughter is creating. My point being that it is a time of awakening, and the genesis of creation of self that will influence a lifetime of being.

Still snowing. neighbour across road is pushing snow in ditch next to my driveway,grader goes by and blocks my driveway. So now i push it across road and it in turn grader deposits it back onto his driveway. Fun fun fun.
i hope to catch it right after grader passes my place,just so it works out that i can leave enough to block him and his neighbours.

Still snowing. neighbour across road is pushing snow in ditch next to my driveway,grader goes by and blocks my driveway. So now i push it across road and it in turn grader deposits it back onto his driveway. Fun fun fun.
i hope to catch it right after grader passes my place,just so it works out that i can leave enough to block him and his neighbours.
Sounds like snow berm wars!

Am I making a big deal??
Did exactly as I would.
Its not any different than someone going up on a porch here or around back of the house 'just looking' for trash. Sorry pal. When its out on the sidewalk with a 'free' sign on it, its all yours. When someone is looking around the property, they are acting like a potential thief. The last thing they ought to be doing is opening doors or the hood. Knock on the door is OK, but he shouldn't be surprised by your response. He would have done a lot better if he showed some interest in the situation rather than that his main interest was taking it. Some people think everything and everyone can be bought.
Tell me I am not the only one who thinks about internal engine parts moving, while you're driving.

I drive and imagine the oil slinging on the moving parts and the fuel igniting and going through the intake and the whole way through
Uh, actually, only when I suspect something is wrong. But that's cool. its good to have a vivid imagination. Just keep yours eyes on the road, your hands on the wheel...
wink-gif.gif

Did exactly as I would.
Its not any different than someone going up on a porch here or around back of the house 'just looking' for trash. Sorry pal. When its out on the sidewalk with a 'free' sign on it, its all yours. When someone is looking around the property, they are acting like a potential thief. The last thing they ought to be doing is opening doors or the hood. Knock on the door is OK, but he shouldn't be surprised by your response. He would have done a lot better if he showed some interest in the situation rather than that his main interest was taking it. Some people think everything and everyone can be bought.

Uh, actually, only when I suspect something is wrong. But that's cool. its good to have a vivid imagination. Just keep yours eyes on the road, your hands on the wheel...
View attachment 1715437538
Yep and Yep. LOL
Come knock on the door and not act like an ahole...I will be out to talk and show you every inch of the Duster. Open a door without checking in at the office and we won't have much to talk about other than how fast you were leaving.

I can’t find one. The LA one is bigger and won’t fit. The replacement ones sold by advance auto and classic industries both are the same diameter as the LAs even though they claim to fit the poly. Tried those this week. I’ve got a wanted add up and so far nada

Can you drill the hole for the dipstick larger diameter for the replacement ones to fit????

I've got one car visable from the street but I live in a slow neighborhood where we recognize most of vehicles passing by.

So this evening just a bit ago, I'm nodded out on the couch and hear a semi passing by slowly, I disregard because there is some road construction going on so i ignore it. The semi almost seemed to stop in front of the house but I am half asleep and don't care.

Then a few minutes later i hear a car hood slam shut, it sounds really close as in my driveway, like my fury.

I got up and rushed to the window and just as I look out a scruffy guy is coming up to my porch in a construction vest.

I open the door and he says "hi ma'am do you who owns that ol car there"

I said, "did you open the hood"

He says "well yea, I see it gots the 383, I would like to buy it"

I said, " do you really think it's nice to be opening hoods of other people's cars?"

He said " well gee lady I just took a peek, i didn't harm nothing"

I said, " I don't think it's very nice"

He said "so do you know who owns it"

I said, " yea me!! And we are going to have a problem if you do that again"

He left his card on the porch but I'm feeling kinda upset about it. Am I making a big deal??

He should have knocked on the door and asked you before opening the hood...

Taking it upon himself to open it without asking is very rude, especially on an old car... :elmer:

Only when you are in a junk yard/pick-and-pull is it ok for you to open hoods to see what's under there without asking.... :D

I remember a couple summers ago a young guy came by asking about a duster but he introduced himself and small talked and I stated not for sale, but I ended up showing him the car and car chatted for awhile. To me, that's the way to do it.

Maybe I should apologize to this guy because I feel a little bad but i wasn't THAT rough.

No apology needed, he shouldn't have opened the hood without asking...

If the did that on an original Hemi car, he might meet the business end of a shot gun.... :elmer:

How about how fast the pistons are moving up and down and how fast the rocker arms are opening the valves???? :D

-
Back