Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning all you men and one woman of mayhem. Like TJ I am pretty excited about the weather today. We may not actually get above freezing but it is darn sure warmer! I have to catch up on some league shooting today as I am a bit behind in posting (shooting) scores. Busy time of year. I got my secret Santa gift yesterday so it is all going well! Hash and poached eggs for breakfast then off to see my Chinese acupuncture lady. Life is good today.

Morning all you men and one woman of mayhem. Like TJ I am pretty excited about the weather today. We may not actually get above freezing but it is darn sure warmer! I have to catch up on some league shooting today as I am a bit behind in posting (shooting) scores. Busy time of year. I got my secret Santa gift yesterday so it is all going well! Hash and poached eggs for breakfast then off to see my Chinese acupuncture lady. Life is good today.
Supposed to hit 54 here today. Was 50 yesterday. 12 on Tuesday earlier this week.

Good Morning MOPAR wonders!!
Upper 50's today, and then three days of 60's...WTH!! I'll take it.

Off to Church early this morning. They have adopted a security mentality, and have asked me to join the security team. Mostly monitoring for problems and undisireables, entering the Church grounds or building.

So some moderately good news.

Last night, after wiring brushing down to bare metal, at both ground locations as well as on the block where the dizzy goes, I have a completed circuit.

So I hooked everything up, tried to fire, it actually tried to start, so I put my inline spark tester in, it’s getting spark but is very weak, as in barely lighting up the bulb.

Started probing around with the multimeter, battery is the suspect at the moment based off those readings, sitting, it does show 14.8 volts. As soon as I hook the bypass wire to the coil, it drops to 12.87. Cranking drops to 11.69. That’s after being on the charger overnight. So today, I’m gonna try out that VAT28(might be a 29, I forget) battery tester I got via Hoppy. Probably go get a new battery after that.

Last edited:
Off to Church early this morning. They have adopted a security mentality, and have asked me to join the security team. Mostly monitoring for problems and undisireables, entering the Church grounds or building.
Mitch, it has become a serious thing. Check out GTBR (get trained be ready) They offer some of the best training in the nation for church security.

Sad that the world has devolved back to that being needed. Stay safe mitch

Morning boss man!
Hey buddy keep practicing. Us Glock guys just don't need to practice as much as you SIG PIG guys do....:lol:
I saw your post a couple days ago. I'll take my Glock any day over your door weight....oh have a great time at the range.

Hey buddy keep practicing. Us Glock guys just don't need to practice as much as you SIG PIG guys do....:lol:
I saw your post a couple days ago. I'll take my Glock any day over your door weight....oh have a great time at the range.
And I’ll take my 1911 over both, at least my gun has won a war! :rofl:

Speaking of gun stuff, the long time gun club here locally, opened since the last 1930s, is in trouble I think. I’m a member of it.

Earlier this year, they were unable to negotiate a renewal of a lease they had on our indoor range, where a ton of events were held and were huge money makers for the club, which helped maintain the lease on the outdoor range. So now to try and offset those costs, they had to ballon up our membership rates, to nearly double what they were, putting those right at 200/ year!!

I’m not sure I’m gonna continue with that membership now. I only use it about 2-4 times a year now that I work in the opposite direction, plus I have a membership in another club that’s on my way to work and is only 75 a year.

Mitch, it has become a serious thing. Check out GTBR (get trained be ready) They offer some of the best training in the nation for church security.
Thanks, being in the Wash DC area, we actually have a couple a CIA guys, in our Church. They have provided training for all..

I have been issued the 1911 and the Beretta. Neve liked the berretta at all, just the way it fits my hand. 1911 I always shot expert with. My CC is a compact 1911 .45 apc 10 rounds, great gun just a ***** to find magazines for. Just my opinion, Oh and I always liked the way the 1911 rattled when shaken also!:lol:
Only shot a Sig once liked it, just cannot afford one. Same with the glock.

Who does this remind you of?
elwvpauxuaauqcs-jpeg.338591

@Rainy Day Auto

I have been issued the 1911 and the Beretta. Neve liked the berretta at all, just the way it fits my hand. 1911 I always shot expert with. My CC is a compact 1911 .45 apc 10 rounds, great gun just a ***** to find magazines for. Just my opinion, Oh and I always liked the way the 1911 rattled when shaken also!:lol:
Only shot a Sig once liked it, just cannot afford one. Same with the glock.
I agree it comes down to preference. I carried a Glock at work for years, and just enjoyed it. I now carry a 9mm Glock 23.

-
Back