Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I agree it comes down to preference. I carried a Glock at work for years, and just enjoyed it. I now carry a 9mm Glock 23.
Morning guys! I should probably get a gun and take some classes. I used to shoot a 410 and 22 as a kid. Have shot a few black powder and a flintlock. Those are fun. I owned a chrome 38 special at one time. Damn thing was so worn it spit lead so I sold it. SHould have had it destroyed.

Next person will either use it a collectible or have it fixed.

Oh. Good morning! :)

79472412_111171643717766_1112477854869749760_n-jpg.338909
it wont open

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Morning guys! I should probably get a gun and take some classes. I used to shoot a 410 and 22 as a kid. Have shot a few black powder and a flintlock. Those are fun. I owned a chrome 38 special at one time I bought out of a trunk in the hood. . Damn thing was so worn it spit lead so no ballistics so I sold it. SHould have kept it To go after the douchebags that defaulted on the high dollar tool loans I pushed them into.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
Morning guys! I should probably get a gun and take some classes. I used to shoot a 410 and 22 as a kid. Have shot a few black powder and a flintlock. Those are fun. I owned a chrome 38 special at one time. Damn thing was so worn it spit lead so I sold it. SHould have had it destroyed.
Sporting clays would get you out walking, kindof like golf (but no cart or caddy!).

One thing I know for sure having watched literally thousands of rounds go down range, Glocks go off when you pull the trigger. But man o man there is no gray, love em or hate em. When folks show up with Glocks, Colts, HKs, Springfield, SIGs I just know I am not going to have mechanical issues with them on the line. And to be frank a bone stock 1911 will typically have issues by end of a match doing sustained fire for 600 rounds. But there is no finer trigger than a 1911. The grip angle to bore axis is what turns me off with Glocks, I can shoot them but they don’t point as well for me. But to Craigs point the SIGs are pigs, they weigh about a million pounds! My competition rig is heavy, think titanium impregnated in the molding, flat trigger and a magazine well flared like fenders on my cuda, it is only slightly smaller than a carbine! By same token that is exactly what I need to be able to make rapid second and third shots. But super impractical to EDC. As always the best gun to have in a defensive situation is the one in your hand!

One thing I know for sure having watched literally thousands of rounds go down range, Glocks go off when you pull the trigger. But man o man there is no gray, love em or hate em. When folks show up with Glocks, Colts, HKs, Springfield, SIGs I just know I am not going to have mechanical issues with them on the line. And to be frank a bone stock 1911 will typically have issues by end of a match doing sustained fire for 600 rounds. But there is no finer trigger than a 1911. The grip angle to bore axis is what turns me off with Glocks, I can shoot them but they don’t point as well for me. But to Craigs point the SIGs are pigs, they weigh about a million pounds! My competition rig is heavy, think titanium impregnated in the molding, flat trigger and a magazine well flared like fenders on my cuda, it is only slightly smaller than a carbine! By same token that is exactly what I need to be able to make rapid second and third shots. But super impractical to EDC. As always the best gun to have in a defensive situation is the one in your hand!
Makes sense to a non gun guy.

I think I mentioned this before. Ever do bowling pin shoots? A friend competed there. Reloaded his own ammo and ended up making it a business. He put ads in the back of guns and ammo magazines (before the internet) and turned mail order into a huge business. Denny's Shooters Supply.
Denny's Shooters Supply, Inc - New Frontier Armory

John you are so right. It's not really the gun, but the person holding it that makes the difference.
Being comfortable, good technique, and a few other factors you can pick up any weapon and be effective at a close range.

A whole different list would be encountering a person with a weapon. Tactical awareness, mental pre-prep, practice,...etc... A whole different experience.
Bullets whizzing by you is a sound you never forget. You have to be tactically prepared to not panic and react to the situation as best you can.
Ok enough about that.

Yup you never know who can handle it and who cant till they are there for sure.

Ok out to the freezer, mean the shop

Agree to a point. I’ve owned and fired about everything on your list above except HKs. The P226 I had jammed up like crazy. I ended up finally sending it off to SIG under warranty, there was something jacked up the extractor, they repaired it free of charge and sent it back, ended up trading it off for a Springfield XD in 45 plus cash. I liked the Springfield for durability and reliability, never an issue with that pistol. Though it was a tad unbalanced as the it was really too and front heavy as the ammo decreased in the mag. Traded it off for my first AR.

I had a 10 mm Glock for a bit, thing was a handgun on steriods. It was a compact, i forget the model number. Sold it and bought the Smith M&P I have now. Which is to me the perfect combination of polymer pistols with the ergonomics I like, ergonomics are adjustable and the angles are close enough to my preferred that it works well for me. I’ve had a couple jams when it was newer, but after a couple hundred rounds, it’s not done it since. My complaint with this one is the extra mags cost a **** ton. Like 50 a piece.

My favorite is actually one i custom tuned to me. It started life as a Taurus PT1911, full size. This is my competition gun when I was doing bullseye and 3 gun matches. Out of the box, it wasn’t very accurate. I thought it was me for years. Finally, our club pistol champ 7 years running at the time, and a sponsored national competitor picked it up and had the very same issues I was having with accuracy. Thing was all over the place. We took it apart, did some checking and found the recoil spring factory is a 16 lb, however after the couple hundred rounds I put thru it, it had softened to less than 12. So the slide was literally bouncing around during firing. So I upgraded the recoil spring with a kit from Wolf Performace, including a guide pin and buffer system, replaced the hand grips to some hogue ergo ones, changed out the safety for a snub paddle, took up some trigger creep with some polishing of the trigger and some wolf trigger springs. Polished the feed ramp.

Now the thing runs like a charm. It’s a tack driver, no more unpredictable recoiling and I’ve not had a jam even during 3 Gun. The cool part is I have all the mags I’ll ever need for it. When I bought it, the local gun store had a crate of still in paper WW2 era GI mags. 3 bucks a piece, I bought 30 of them. They work great though for smoothness during competition i use the 30 dollar stainless McCormick mags.

I think I mentioned this before. Ever do bowling pin shoots? A friend competed there. Reloaded his own ammo and ended up making it a business. He put ads in the back of guns and ammo magazines (before the internet) and turned mail order into a huge business. Denny's Shooters Supply.
Denny's Shooters Supply, Inc - New Frontier Armory
Club here does a bowling pin shoot every Nov, weekend closest to Veterans Day. I’ve only done it a couple times, usually I have drill that weekend so I miss it.

I reload as well. However, I don’t sell my reloads, too much risk and liability. Plus the time involved. I custom tailor my reloads to my guns and what the purpose is. So what works really well in my gun, may or may not perform as well in another. It’ll go bang, but how accurate will the result be becomes the question.

-
Back