Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Tomorrow i just have to repack wheel bearings, adjust brakes and install drums. 4 points of adjustment. 2 inside drum and 2 outside mounted to backing plates. I set the top 2 until they touch, then the bottom 2. Pull drum off and hold adjusters while i snug up the adjusting bolts. There is some tool to use for setup but i dont have.

Sorry I dont see anything in Carl Munroe's book.
When you a little more info, maybe ask in the transmission section. VEOTOM prob can help - he just wrote a book on torqueflite rebuilding.

Sorry I dont see anything in Carl Munroe's book.
When you a little more info, maybe ask in the transmission section. VEOTOM prob can help - he just wrote a book on torqueflite rebuilding.
The concept is simple. The rod length at WOT should only reach the maximum travel of the kick down lever and the clearance to the rod on the carb lever should be zero at idle.

I had to modify the one on my 360 Magnum crate engine in the GTS since it was full at max WOT but was not zero clearance on the carb side at idle. That meant it was taking too long to engage the rod and the transmission was “flaring” on shifts as a result.

I pinned the lever bracket per the service manual and then added a spacer adaptor to the carb side to get the gap to be zero at idle. Now it shifts crisply like it should.

The pinning of the lever bracket per the service manual is key to get it right.

The concept is simple. The rod length at WOT should only reach the maximum travel of the kick down lever and the clearance to the rod on the carb lever should be zero at idle.

I had to modify the one on my 360 Magnum crate engine in the GTS since it was full at max WOT but was not zero clearance on the carb side at idle. That meant it was taking too long to engage the rod and the transmission was “flaring” on shifts as a result.

I pinned the lever bracket per the service manual and then added a spacer adaptor to the carb side to get the gap to be zero at idle. Now it shifts crisply like it should.

The pinning of the lever bracket per the service manual is key to get it right.
Edelbrock may have linkage adapters.
When i put the eddy on the chevy i got a bracket to make the tv cable work.

Max has a 318 that won't shift right. I think his rod is too short. He went from a 2 barrel to a 4
Yes, kickdown linkage is shorter in some cases. On my charger, I just made an extension using all thread

3:00 ish and making coffee
Wth?
Morning!
Is christmas eve. Got a couple things to wrap up on the Fargo and then son needs some front end work on his truck. Plus fix headlight and install a hidden unlock button for his door locks.

Thinking about future work on the Fargo. Saw a headliner kit for sale and grabbed the picture of the pieces off the web. i have the basic pattern now,to get dimensions i suppose i could use the outside of the roof to make my pattern.
9B5C5313-CC72-40BE-B0D1-2FD1D3DA3FA5.png

Morning FABO drinkers...I mean coffee drinkers!!
One more day until we see if your on the naughty or nice list!! :lol:

I never ask for anything and continue to use the occasion to give to family and friends.

Well taking off soon and as usual won't be taking the laptop.
We're heading down (an hour away) to the MNL's Today is her birthday.
Big dinner tonight with Cheryl's brother's family. Thankfully this only happens once a year...SNL ugh!!:D
We'll come home tomorrow to a quiet house.:thumbsup:
My kids are all at the other side of their families this year, so we won't have anyone in until this weekend.
Have a Merry Christmas!!
Z

Yesterday was the prep for tomorrows dinner. Her tradition is shrimp scampi tonight and lasagna tomorrow. Yesterday was make the sauce and mini meatballs (around a half inch) Man that is a art she does. I am not allowed to do a dam thing but hel make the meatballs all 500 or so of them. 5 lbs of lamb, pork, beef. Takes forever. Then it all has to sit in the sauce overnight along with the mild sausage to flavor everything. Today is cut up the 3lbs of sausage and assemble it all in a few trays, cook and freeze overnight. A lot of work for a meal. We are going to Stan's Sisters (my?) along with his son and family for Xmas, fun to buy toys for kids actually. If this meal is anything like Thanksgiving we should put up a sign free holiday meals! Tons of foods four households each bringing a meal and deserts. Should be interesting. Mitch met most of them, great in laws.

3:00 ish and making coffee
Wth?
Morning!
Is christmas eve. Got a couple things to wrap up on the Fargo and then son needs some front end work on his truck. Plus fix headlight and install a hidden unlock button for his door locks.
Mornin! Was up at 5, little sleep in this new bed. The rest of our kids are driving up today for our Christmas in a cabin.

-
Back