Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Looks good.,... But I don't get it. I understand drilling and filling the ends so original crack doesn't continue. But, how does the full row of plugs help?
Seems to me the crack is still there.....am I missing something?

Latest news is the Ukranian plane was shot down by TWO missles.. 20 seconds apart,...

That makes it on purpose and not a "my bad"...

Last edited:
Unless....Are those plugs a special alloy that melts and gives some depth to the weld?
If they are tapered, it will wedge into the crack, and spread the crack, maybe put them in tight enough to prevent the crack from leaking...But they had better all be touching!

Looks good.,... But I don't get it. I understand drilling and filling the ends so original crack doesn't continue. But, how does the full row of plugs help?

Seems to me the crack is still there.....am I missing something?

you put those in, weld the crack between them and over them, thus filling the crack, then sand smooth. The idea behind it is IF the crack were to re-crack, it would stop at the plug. Its the same reason they put cuts into concrete. And it will work just fine.

you put those in, weld the crack between them and over them, thus filling the crack, then sand smooth. The idea behind it is IF the crack were to re-crack, it would stop at the plug. Its the same reason they put cuts into concrete. And it will work just fine.
So you weld it? Missed that part!
Now I see this working

Last edited:
If they are tapered, it will wedge into the crack, and spread the crack, maybe put them in tight enough to prevent the crack from leaking...But they had better all be touching!

I don't want to touch any others in the crack. Jes sayin...:D

Plumbers Shirt.jpeg

So you weld it? Missed that part!
Yes
I guess if the crack is open and they fill the gap it makes sense. But if it is tight, why not just do the ends to stop the crack and weld between?

That makes even less sense to me.
its called lock stitch. I've never personally used it, only seen it done. Same concept, drill and tap for plugs, only its done in steps. start at the ends of the crack and work in. in this case, the plugs overlap and touch, they they are ground off and annealed, then sealed.

its called lock stitch. I've never personally used it, only seen it done. Same concept, drill and tap for plugs, only its done in steps. start at the ends of the crack and work in. in this case, the plugs overlap and touch, they they are ground off and annealed, then sealed.

If the plugs overlap, doesn't that break the drill while drilling the next one???

Latest news is the Ukranian plane was shot down by TWO missles.. 20 minutes apart,...

That makes it on purpose and not a "my bad"...
That's how the SAM AA is set up. It always fires two. So that's been one of the technical explanations behind the claim that the aircraft was turning around (heading back to the airport) when it went down. Its the second missile hit that we see in the home made video. The photographer prob heard the first.

That's how the SAM AA is set up. It always fires two. So that's been one of the technical explanations behind the claim that the aircraft was turning around (heading back to the airport) when it went down. Its the second missile hit that we see in the home made video. The photographer prob heard the first.

I had an error in my post, it was 20 seconds apart, not 20 minutes...

But that still shows intent...

I had an error in my post, it was 20 seconds apart, not 20 minutes...

But that still shows intent...
Who ever fired intended to hit the target. My point is the double tap is a part of the system.
Whether they had a clue that it was a scheduled passenger plane won't be known for a while.
Much longer if the missile battery personel are silenced.

-
Back