Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
this one i watched done on a Cummins sled pulling block that made 2500 HP. it lasted the rest of the season before being retired

OK, got the answer... This is a Lock-n-stitch fastener.
cmpinsec_new.jpg

It actually pulls the crack together when tightened. They can be used without any weld required.
The thread design is what makes them work.
As I understand it the original use was oil field repairs where they could not weld. If done completely overlapping they are supposed to seal the crack 100%. I guess the weld is more like caulking it shut than structural.

Got some things around the house done today, and rode the Bicycle for 5 miles. Parts came for 04 Benz. Needs valve cover gaskets and repair evap leak. At least 5 hrs labor. Ill start on it tomorrow....:thumbsup:

Mopar Joe get's his new truck today. Off to the frame shop. He already as a front clip for it. The collision went over the frame horns so it won't need much at the frame shop. Should be an easy fix. He estimates $25- 30 when it's done. I think it's a 19'.

joe's truck.jpg

joe.jpg

Me too.
The 16” caravan wheels my buddy didnt want are going on the fargo. I used a scotchbrite disc and knocked off the clear and painted it with the same silver i did on the dart wheels. Already liking it.

I got 2 of the 17" rims on the Coronet today. 17x7 with 245 45 17's back ones have about 1/4" between sidewall and leaf springs.

20200115_151623.jpg

20200115_151614.jpg

20200115_151604.jpg

20200115_145058.jpg

20200115_145104.jpg

Got the little 62 Corvette motor started and ran through the cam break in. Built about 15 years ago and never fired. Here it is in all it's glory. lol

Got the little 62 Corvette motor started and ran through the cam break in. Built about 15 years ago and never fired. Here it is in all it's glory. lol

A Holley would never start after sitting that long! LOL

A Holley would never start after sitting that long! LOL

Perhaps not......but the original Carter AFB didn't, either. That is an Edelbrock off "the other" 62 Corvette in the shop. We "borrowed" to get this one running and broken in.

This one is getting a Holley Sniper EFI kit, rack and pinion conversion and "some other" things to make it easy for his wife to drive, as we are fixing it up for her. Now, since I got it broken it, I have to take it all out and hang the engine on a stand so we can clean everything up and repaint it to look fresh again.

Evening men, and the little lady.....
Evening. The week is already half over and little to no duster or scamp time.

I don't really like to post too much personal ailment detail, but the chiropractic methods of my physical therapist were sorely needed this week. So that slowed me down a bit.

But not for long

I see a Chiropractor on a regular schedule. Don't know if it helps, but I am always in pain....Had a tough life....

-
Back