Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
nitrocorona.jpg

Immunized at The March Meet :lol:

yeah.

So. let me ask. This weekend was the first time I'd put the battery to the new harness, before then, I had it just wired to the makeshift harness based on the chart I think it was ray or you gave me that allowed me to bypass the underdash harness and just operate the points and coil. now, I disconnected it but could that have left the coil energized and maybe I somehow shorted it ?

ignition-system-diagram.jpg.webp
If you didn't unhook it it could cause damage. All you need is 12 volts to the power side of the ballast.

yeah.

So. let me ask. This weekend was the first time I'd put the battery to the new harness, before then, I had it just wired to the makeshift harness based on the chart I think it was ray or you gave me that allowed me to bypass the underdash harness and just operate the points and coil. now, I disconnected it but could that have left the coil energized and maybe I somehow shorted it ?

ignition-system-diagram.jpg.webp

I have no idea. Doesn't look like it.
Move on.
Figure out what you have in there now, and pick up standard coil (or rob one out of another car)

I have no idea. Doesn't look like it.
Move on.
Figure out what you have in there now, and pick up standard coil (or rob one out of another car)
i just wanna make sure i dont do it again lol

i just wanna make sure i dont do it again lol
You won't because you're going to check out all the connections first with an ohm meter and then with a voltmeter.

Still don't know how the key switch is getting power.

Funny. I've been putting off the house projects to get the car done.

Did you see I got the 67-69 assembly manual from Faxon yesterday?
Good stuff but hard to read because of the way they stamped their name all over the pages.
I've put off some stuff for the past year while concentrating on the car. I postponed John coming out. He agreed, I don't want him traveling out for me right now.
So with that I have some free time to do the things I really don't enjoy doing.
I'll get it done and feel better, and most important Cheryl is happy. :D

Last edited:
You won't because you're going to check out all the connections first with an ohm meter and then with a voltmeter.

Still don't know how the key switch is getting power.
i dont know either, i'll find out shortly when i get home

WooHoo :lol: After 4 1/2 days we got out of the 50s. Yesterday at noon it was 48 :lol:and it hasn't left the 40s since :BangHead:. After today, we may have 3 unwet days :eek:. 1.20" was the 24hr total for yesterday, that's 1.2" more than we had the entire month of February.

You could check the accel coil to see if there's a short or an open now. It will help you sleep better..
hahaha its junk, doesnt matter I suppose. I'll check one of my spares

Changed oil in truck, it has water in the oil. So im thinking all these starts and oil not getting hot,its condensation. And pcv not pulling enough vapours doesent help. I did a pressure test and im sure its not a coolant leak.

I've put off some stuff for the past year while concentrating on the car. I postponed John coming out. He agreed, I don't want him traveling out for me right now.
So with that I have some free time to do the things I really don't enjoy doing.
I'll get it done and feel better, and most important Cheryl is happy. :D
I think I have enough to keep going on the car so it will be ready when the instrument panel returns. I'm hoping Michigan doesn't shut down the vacu-ornamental's operation or it will be a lot longer...

Changed oil in truck, it has water in the oil. So im thinking all these starts and oil not getting hot,its condensation. And pcv not pulling enough vapours doesent help. I did a pressure test and im sure its not a coolant leak.
Sounds rational anyway!
We're right in the condensation season down here.

I think I have enough to keep going on the car so it will be ready when the instrument panel returns. I'm hoping Michigan doesn't shut down the vacu-ornamental's operation or it will be a lot longer...
Ya reminds me I need to call inline and order a fuel line carb to filter. I think with the uncertainty I want to have it in hand.

Chris, i left my key on and ign coil overheated and all the oil leaked out. If coil is getting power with key off, its definitely wired wrong. Im about to rewire the fargo,fuse panel outside on firewall,continous duty relay will power everything except the stereo.

Ya reminds me I need to call inline and order a fuel line carb to filter. I think with the uncertainty I want to have it in hand.
I've been trying to buy the driver side insulation panel from James at DMT and the e-mail conversation is just going in circles. Really weird. May be easier to get a used one. Going to finish my list today or tonight and see what I get from one of the guys who have been parting cars. I'll just at the panel to the list.

I've been trying to buy the driver side insulation panel from James at DMT and the e-mail conversation is just going in circles. Really weird. May be easier to get a used one. Going to finish my list today or tonight and see what I get from one of the guys who have been parting cars. I'll just at the panel to the list.
That's odd. He's usually on it. Is that something he doesn't currently make?

-
Back