Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I did find a big problem while under the hood... Shift link ready to fall off. :eek:
I thought I changed the little snap in grommet thingies when I put it together, but maybe not. Looks like that is all that keeps it in there?

View attachment 1715488551
Yes they break easily also. Drill it use a rubber one and a cotter pin.

Wow SF just ordered a shelter in place. Where do the homeless go then all bizillons of them there?

Nah jus about a 1/6 of a inch total. Lube it baby your good did that on mine had the same issue.

So I got home. Stupid me for not paying closer attention to the underdogs harness, the ammeter terminals are actually soldered together and taped up. Didn’t notice it before. Just missed it. I didn’t pay much attention to the under dash stuff other than at the bulkhead connector and to the ignition switch. I put a test light on each of the ignition switch terminals on the back, fully powered on each except when it is in the start position. Then it goes full dead. Guessing the switch is fubared. Explains how I had a completed circuit.

XkAapjwKzBDGS2Tn7qx0wjylU6_nsQhlAFEziQPzc4tb-6zB3n8iig9UPkM0w4Wxz2bD_D_ghPKW4mgeByTlIsGmQwQ=s0-d.gif

@Mattax
Did a little research...
From 75 FSM. Here are the wires going through grommets. What is really strange - in 74 book the blower and compressor switch are same as pictured here, but the oil and temp go through the bulkhead. Then in 75 they take 2 wires out of the bulkhead and through a grommet. In 76 FSM, they are all in the bulkhead connector.

View attachment 1715488543

View attachment 1715488544

View attachment 1715488550
I can understand running a grommet for the A/C option. No idea why the sending units for the gages would get a grommet. Funny the wires on your car don't look like violet and green. Well maybe violet - the other looks white. LOL.

Talk about things not done same as shown in the book. Did you see this on my car?
upload_2020-3-17_14-27-53.png

Hole with cap plug is factory location for the antenea wire.
upload_2020-3-17_14-30-0.png

Drilled through the kick panel too.
Best I can tell this is factory original. :realcrazy:

I have no idea what happened.

Maybe the car got to far down the line before somebody noticed the cable wasn't installed. Instead of pulling it off the line to correct they just drilled through????
Classic!

Seriously how do you keep the homeless from spreading it. In NYC they were everywhere during the day and gone at night. How do you control their movements? I think I might convert to Amish if Mopar makes buggies! Would look cool with a Pentstar on the back IMO!
horse+and+buggy3.jpg

My wiring on the 74 was so wrong took three diagrams to figure it out then found out the Volarie one was right. WTF?

A friend said he went to HF the other day the smell of Corona was overwhelming and he had to leave!

My wiring on the 74 was so wrong took three diagrams to figure it out then found out the Volarie one was right. WTF?
I originally had the 74 book, was way off. Got 75 book -More right, but still showed the 74 seat belt crap. Got 76 book. So between them I have all of it. Maybe sometime when I have a month with nothing to do I will draw myself an accurate schematic. :rofl:

If they ever come out with an assembly book for the later a-bodies there's a lot of info in those drawings.
Talk with Barry - I think he actually owned some from the 70s. He couldn't have them posted on HH 'cause Chrysler wanted to offer the reprints for sale.
Which after a few years finally happened for the 67-9 a-bodies, 69 engines, and maybe a few others?

Funny that I haven't come across the shift linkage drawings yet.
This one of the wiring harness installation diagrams for 1969 cars
upload_2020-3-17_15-6-41.png

part numbers, wire colors where needed.

Just did a drive around town to see what’s still open. Most stores closed except restaurant take out restaurants, grocery and convenience stores and gas stations. Beer store is still open.

I talked to the owner and he said they are being told that they fall under the allowance for “take out” and bars are being allowed to do the same.

Just did a drive around town to see what’s still open. Most stores closed except restaurant take out restaurants, grocery and convenience stores and gas stations. Beer store is still open.

I talked to the owner and he said they are being told that they fall under the allowance for “take out” and bars are being allowed to do the same.
I felt like I hit the lottery this morning. Surplus grocery across the street got some bread in. When I got there it was mostly rolls left. I got a loaf of white (2 remaining) and last loaf of wheat. :thumbsup:
They were busy compared to a normal weekday morning. But not terribly crowded, so able to keep distance pretty good. Not taking a cart allowed me to scoot right through and then one person in front of me at register. So stayed back till done. Staying out of big grocery as much as I can avoid it. Went to pharmacy for band-aids. A few people in line. All keeping spaced between...

-
Back