Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
It’s
939EFCEC-698A-4324-8FE0-86711A9EC692.jpeg
Friday!!
Havent done a thing to it today though. i did get my trailer done, its ready to pick up truck #3.
And decided one of the extras is going on my 94 ram 2500 chassis.

Matt, you had some great replies in your radio thread.
Sure did. Of course now I've got to do something I really didn't want to do myself! Desoldering is an art, or at least a skill.

Just heard from Frank at Vacu-Ornametal. Its all ready to ship back, but when they were doing multiple layers of chroming somehow they weren't able to mask the backside. :( So now I'm trying find out the best way to blackout where needed.
The metal lens holders should be untouched. It will just be the plastic that got chromed.
He said they use SEM Landau Black for interiors on the detail work. So current plan is a off-white SEM from a spray can. That should stick to the chromed plastic. Then some sort of flat black from the airbrush in blackout sections.

Just figuring there was a darn good reason they blacked out those areas. Don't want any stray light or glare after its all installed.
upload_2020-5-8_15-30-22.png

Last edited:
I also got the trash company to pay me for a new mailbox post, they damaged. Also hit em for new address numbers , and some wood sealer, and a can of paint to repaint the box itself. They didn't damage that much. Gonna rain tomorrow, so I'll wait until Sunday, when there's no mail, to install it....
View attachment 1715524240 View attachment 1715524241
View attachment 1715524242
You charge 'em labor too.
Seriously that's PIA with insurance. You can't do it yourself. Got to have a bill or at least estimate from a company. I understand why but it still anoying.

You charge 'em labor too.
Seriously that's PIA with insurance. You can't do it yourself. Got to have a bill or at least estimate from a company. I understand why but it still anoying.
Didn't claim INS. I saw the Truck hit it from in the house, but didn't get out quick enough to catch em. But it was so obvious. The mailbox had a little yellow paint on it , same as their trucks. Really only messed up the 35 yr old original post. Mailbox just kinda moved with post. Took pics, called the Trash Co. The owner (small Co) came out and looked. I told him I'd get the stuff and repair it myself. He says ok. I did send him the entire invoice from my local ACE store, including the $75 worth of fertilizer you see in the pic. Told em, just pay the entire invoice and I'd be happy. Expecting a check in the mail, any day....Ya I know...The check is in the mail...Right ??? Nahh he was cool, I'm sure they're sending one...........I get Fertilizer for my Time.....:thumbsup:

It will never be able to be removed.......
I'll try to remember to ask the body guy how he dealt with it when he patched the quarters. I'm sure he cut it out cause otjherwise it would make a mess welding in the new metal. Maybe with a small wheel.

Damn that looks yummy. I'm thinking of doing some on Sunday.
It's been a while here. It was time to clean out the freezer a bit. I have 2 packages of chicken thighs that I might boil off the bone tomorrow. I can bag them back up and back in the freezer. Good for salads and soups. I have a chicken chili recipe that's good all year round.

-
Back