Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
upload_2020-5-18_22-2-10.png

After applying a couple of coats of wintergreen oil - alcohol to the new to me- defroster vents (far left), the gray white on the exposed surface was still present. Decided to see if the trim cleaner I got years ago would improve it.
Decide for yourselves but I think its much better. Second from left in photo below. Put both the wintergreen oil and the trim cleaner on the originals as well.
upload_2020-5-18_22-4-42.png

(The reddish brown is what the painter sprayed the black ones. He didn't charge me, so I can't complain. LOL. He's a nice guy.)

Here's the Trim stuff. Haven't been able to find very much about it.
No smell of wintergreen in it.
upload_2020-5-18_22-11-39.png

:usflag:
20200509_200133.jpg
Good evening everyone. This is my first post. Anyone familiar with the 66 Dart GT 273 and had intermittent idling and backfires. It doesn't matter where the timing is set. So heres the backstory. Bought it. Not running. Heres the new items. Fuel tank, coil, plugs, Holley 4160 carb, blue streak cap and rotor, wires are coming tomorrow, she starts and runs now. But its weird. At idle let's say at 1K she idles down then up then backfires then up back down again. I'm getting enough fuel. Bought a new carb just to make sure. Checked fuel pressure. It's good. Could it just be a faulty distributor? Everything else is changed except for the Distributor, wires and ballast resistor. New wires and distributor coming tomorrow. Thanks for reading. And I'm glad to be part of the site.

:usflag:View attachment 1715531167 Good evening everyone. This is my first post. Anyone familiar with the 66 Dart GT 273 and had intermittent idling and backfires. It doesn't matter where the timing is set. So heres the backstory. Bought it. Not running. Heres the new items. Fuel tank, coil, plugs, Holley 4160 carb, blue streak cap and rotor, wires are coming tomorrow, she starts and runs now. But its weird. At idle let's say at 1K she idles down then up then backfires then up back down again. I'm getting enough fuel. Bought a new carb just to make sure. Checked fuel pressure. It's good. Could it just be a faulty distributor? Everything else is changed except for the Distributor, wires and ballast resistor. New wires and distributor coming tomorrow. Thanks for reading. And I'm glad to be part of the site.

You have a fuel/carb issue...

Also check for vacuum leaks around the intake to head and intake to carb base...

:usflag:View attachment 1715531167 Good evening everyone. This is my first post. Anyone familiar with the 66 Dart GT 273 and had intermittent idling and backfires. It doesn't matter where the timing is set. So heres the backstory. Bought it. Not running. Heres the new items. Fuel tank, coil, plugs, Holley 4160 carb, blue streak cap and rotor, wires are coming tomorrow, she starts and runs now. But its weird. At idle let's say at 1K she idles down then up then backfires then up back down again. I'm getting enough fuel. Bought a new carb just to make sure. Checked fuel pressure. It's good. Could it just be a faulty distributor? Everything else is changed except for the Distributor, wires and ballast resistor. New wires and distributor coming tomorrow. Thanks for reading. And I'm glad to be part of the site.

Welcome to FABO...
Welcome to FABO.gif

Some distributors arent as good as others.
Im not big on throwing parts at a problem,i prefer to prove a faulty part. Pulling distributor and checking vacuum pot , mechanical advance and insuring there isnt any substantial wear in the bushings or bad wires is easy enough to do.

welcome to the forums, btw.

Send it to me I can throw it on the machine. Dual point?

Speaking of dual point, saw a mallory dual point for small block, $30.
Tempted to grab it. But do i really need the hassle? Im thinking on doing electronic in the barracuda so i dont really need it.

Speaking of dual point, saw a mallory dual point for small block, $30.
Tempted to grab it. But do i really need the hassle? Im thinking on doing electronic in the barracuda so i dont really need it.
Hard to get points and caps and rotors for I got rid of all mine.

Welcome to FABO!

Back to the grind, lincoln mkx went for an alignment, guy called way too many worn out parts for customers liking.
So i need to re-inspect and see what actually needs done.

Went to my friends surplus store yesterday. Man does he have a ton of Mopar nos stuff. He has no clue what he has either. Tons of gauges, distributor parts, even found a few nos bulkhead connectors (inside one). Spent more than I should have! His site does not even represent 1% of what he has.
Saturn Surplus --> Saturn Surplus on the Web! Think Tim @Mopar Tim was blown away when I brought him there last year.

-
Back