Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Sorry Karl, but when you rush your family into the basement when 70-80 mph wind gusts hit and then all our phones go off with a tornado warning just as we hit the bottom step...yeah.

Some **** just isn’t funny.

Didn't mean to offend you...

Didn't mean to offend you...
Not offended, just wasnt funny in the middle of the chaos. I wasn’t sure how bad it was going to be and it was escalating rapidly. My heart is still racing a bit.

Thankfully, it passed. Not sure about damage. It’s still raining and mostly dark now. I hope we didn’t lose any of the roof.

Now I am really wondering about the roof. We have a big leak in the living room ceiling and 2 in the garage. Buckets are out and it’s still raining...and leaking.

The front door frame seems buckled and there is water. Streaming down the basement door below it.

Oh ****, another line just hit and now we have hail...****!

Later. Going to duck again.

Not offended, just wasnt funny in the middle of the chaos. I wasn’t sure how bad it was going to be and it was escalating rapidly. My heart is still racing a bit.

Thankfully, it passed. Not sure about damage. It’s still raining and mostly dark now. I hope we didn’t lose any of the roof.

Now I am really wondering about the roof. We have a big leak in the living room ceiling and 2 in the garage. Buckets are out and it’s still raining...and leaking.

The front door frame seems buckled and there is water. Streaming down the basement door below it.

Check the yard for fallen tree branches and stuff... When it's safe...

Nasty storm going through Wilmington/Chester area

This is just a curiosity, as I have never posted in General Discussion. I watch the Mopar cars for sale adds, and as far as I can tell, many asking prices are at least double what one would hope to get in my (Colorado) market. Is my market unique or are the sellers out there in a fantasy land?

TIA

Nasty storm going through Wilmington/Chester area
Severe tstorm warning from Wilmington west
Yeah, that’s us. Chester is 5 miles away and Wilmington is 8 miles.

This one has passed. Still raining and the roof is still leaking. Living room is the worst of it. Since the slope above it faces the direction the storms have been coming from, it won’t surprise me if we lost some of it.

For now, it’s just leaking in one spot but the ceiling is a mess.

5C0DB4B9-BAF2-442A-B6F9-713E435E66D8.jpeg

4E1770AF-0B2F-458C-B745-A2683C1988A5.jpeg

Mae texted a short while ago that a bad one ran through at home. Said it pulled my double chimney cover ofF and dropped it in the yard. She didn’t know of any other damage yet. I definitely have some inspecting to do.

This one has passed. Still raining and the roof is still leaking. Living room is the worst of it. Since the slope above it faces the direction the storms have been coming from, it won’t surprise me if we lost some of it.

View attachment 1715540082

View attachment 1715540081
Didn’t you have a problem at the back edge of that low roof before?

Check the yard for fallen tree branches and stuff... When it's safe...
A quick look with a flashlight and all I see are branch tips with leaf clusters scattered everywhere. No big trees anywhere near the house, so nothing big should have come down near the house.

Didn’t you have a problem at the back edge of that low roof before?
Not that roof, the one over the garage where it is leaking again. That’s because the down spouts are sideways. That one doesn’t surprise me much. The living room one does. Shouldn’t happen.

View attachment 1715540082

View attachment 1715540081
Damn

The part that bothers me most is that we are predicted to have 3 more days of this crap. Tomorrow night is supposed to be the heaviest rain. :BangHead:

lets say they would have a different perspective.
He has an aunt and uncle visiting there this spring. It's not like Iran where where your visit could easily become permanent. I get that. But they have bad guys too. Some work for the party.
Vietnam’s Human Trafficking Problem Is Too Big to Ignore
That's scary stuff. I heard of that a lot in my ol birth place. They prey on poor girls and rich people act like the poor are dispensable. Pretty sad.

I think the USA is the best place. Buy a glock and an AR, lock your door and if a would be rapist wants to know my stand on guns, then he can break that door down and find out.

So I'm on to me next project. Ford F250 and the lock cylinder is loose and can't start the truck because it doesn't go far enough forward on the cylinder rotation.

Thank God for running boards because this truck is huge and I the top of my head is lower than the top of the hood line. Ugh!!

So I climb up and i got the column apart and HA!!

Broken lock actuator. It's pot metal, what the H!!!

20200603_194938.jpg

So I'm on to me next project. Ford F250 and the lock cylinder is loose and can't start the truck because it doesn't go far enough forward on the cylinder rotation.

Thank God for running boards because this truck is huge and I the top of my head is lower than the top of the hood line. Ugh!!

So I climb up and i got the column apart and HA!!

Broken lock actuator. It's pot metal, what the H!!!

View attachment 1715540102
If you split the column cover below the wheel, you can activate the ignition/ starter with needlenose pliers. Push the rod forwards and away it goes.
Have done a few.

Steering wheel lock plate tool.
May need this.
3724F094-452A-4CA8-A3D5-B574ECFE3A2D.png

Kinda weird that this is a early 90s Ford yet the column is built much like any 70 and up Chrysler.

Its obviously, not identical but the layout and construction is pretty much the same. Even has a snap ring on the main shaft exactly like a Chrysler.

I wonder if someone could build a..........

If you split the column cover below the wheel, you can activate the ignition/ starter with needlenose pliers. Push the rod forwards and away it goes.
Have done a few.
Yup, I just started the truck with my thumb by pushing that rod all the way foward against the little spring :p

-
Back