Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Low and slow. Keep track of your temp. I smoke mine at 150-170° until the stall or when the internal temp equals the smoker temp then I wrap it in foil or pink butcher paper and raise the temp to 225-250° until the internal temp is 203°. (magic number). Pull it, wrap it in towels and put it in a old cooler for at least 2 hours. I have even done overnight. (It will smell up the cooler so don't use your best one) a 16 pounder will take 10+ hours I bet.

View attachment 1715541709
Bring Some To Carlisle........:):):):):):)

Lets not forget today is the 76th Anniversary of D-Day. To me each solider, airman, sailor involved was a hero.
I met and talked with a soldier who landed on June 6th, and went on to earn the Medal of Honor (MOH).
His brother whom he joined the Army and served with was killed on Omaha Beach.
A remarkable man. He has since passed. I served with his son in the National Guard.
He came and spoke to us as we prepared to deploy, an inspirational talk...and it truly was!!!
He was in the Army when Pearl Harbor was attacked.
His unit was sent to North Africa. He fought there and was captured by the Germans.
He and a few others escaped and made their way back to the British lines.
From there they were sent to Italy, and fought for several months.
They were then sent to England for R&R.
While there they were tasked for D-Day.
He went in with the fourth wave, later in the afternoon. His description of landing on Omaha Beach then is something I will never forget.
His unit fought through France, and his actions earned him the MOH. He was wounded, and sent to a field hospital.
After a few days, he walked snuck out of the field hospital, and hitched a ride back to the front.
He found his unit after a few days, and fought until the end of the war.
So in the end he fought through the entire war, surviving months of combat, which itself is an amazing accomplishment.
A true soldier and hero RIP!! Never forgotten!!
:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Last edited:
Nuff said here!
brotherhood.jpg
brotherhood.jpg
veteran.jpg

Been there done that!

Bring Some To Carlisle........:):):):):):)
I may not go this year. I may have lost my ride. My buddy Joe hasn't talked to me for at least a month over a political disagreement on Facebook and I'm not going to crawl back on my knees to kiss and make up. LOL We'll see Monday night. We have our first North Iowa Mopar meeting since the Covid outbreak.

I always remember Pearl Harbor day, but for some reason June 6th and D Day just never got stuck in this addled brain of mine. It is now thank you very much :usflag:

Thanks for your service guys! I missed the draft back in 73' by about 6 months if I remember correctly.

I may not go this year. I may have lost my ride. My buddy Joe hasn't talked to me for at least a month over a political disagreement on Facebook and I'm not going to crawl back on my knees to kiss and make up. LOL We'll see Monday night. We have our first North Iowa Mopar meeting since the Covid outbreak.
Sorry that kinda stuff gets in the way of a friendship.

Had some help reshingling half of my roof on the back garage today... Glad that's done...

A set of Cragars and let's go cruising. The Rambler 327 was a goodie.

If the right MoFoCo were to appear on my doorstep mysteriously. I think I would hunt down a 3 1/4" crank for it and have some fun. I always liked the way a 4" x 3 1/4" motor would run, even the dreaded bowtie :lol:

Thanks for your service guys! I missed the draft back in 73' by about 6 months if I remember correctly.
I truly enjoyed my military service, 33 years (six full-time) and two deployments.
Cheryl had 22 years and a deployment, plus four years as an instructor at Kansas University Army ROTC.
The military was good for us.
:usflag:

Last edited:
I've gotten behind on the lawn mowing... Tried to do some cleaning up on the back where the large tree fell over, and as I was trimming around an old fence post, the lawn mower blade hit the cut off pole and bent the crank on my mower.... :mad: :mad: :mad: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:
cursin.gif
cursin.gif
cursin.gif

Oh yeah, one of my computer screens took a **** yesterday... I had to get another one...
cursin.gif
pullhair.gif

-
Back