Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Just saw on news that someone set a ballot drop box on fire in Boston. Sad thing is, this doesn't surprise me at all. People suck.
Good Morning

It's MG Monday!

MGmonday.jpg

Good morning :D

It's MG Monday!

View attachment 1715619898

Good morning :D
My Dad had an MG 1100 he bought in Vienna Austria in 1964. Little box 4dr, transverse mounted 4 cyl. Brought it back to the US in 68. In 72 when I was 15 yrs old. it needed a new engine. I told him I thought I could fix it. He bought and gave me a service manual to read. He said read this front to back, and I'll let you do it. I took it all apart and had the machine work done. Re assembled it, put it back in the car. But took me two weeks to get it running. I had it 180 deg out in timing :rolleyes::rolleyes:. That was my first engine rebuild ever.....:thumbsup:

Kinda leery of those things myself. I'll just take my absentee to the polling place. Thank you very much.
I think I will walk down to the Lutheran church on election day and cast my vote in person. I might wear my new mask just for fun.

My Dad had an MG 1100 he bought in Vienna Austria in 1964. Little box 4dr, transverse mounted 4 cyl. Brought it back to the US in 68. In 72 when I was 15 yrs old. it needed a new engine. I told him I thought I could fix it. He bought and gave me a service manual to read. He said read this front to back, and I'll let you do it. I took it all apart and had the machine work done. Re assembled it, put it back in the car. But took me two weeks to get it running. I had it 180 deg out in timing :rolleyes::rolleyes:. That was my first engine rebuild ever.....:thumbsup:

I didn't know those 1100s were FWD. Looks like they have enough space for a small block and a TF :steering:

I didn't know those 1100s were FWD. Looks like they have enough space for a small block and a TF :steering:
Back in the day when we raced SCCA the MGs were dominate in D production and other classes. This was when they were discussing stopping production. All the MG teams wore shirts that had the British flag on them saying God save the MG the Queen can take care of herself.

Break time. Floors are in!! Tunnel is IN!!! Just mounted the doors and next will be mockup of the seats so I can confirm placement to drill holes!!

Met a guy with a 350 in a mg.
Said it was scary and fun at the same time!

Alternator done, just have to check 4wd and it can go. Then make room in shop to swap the escape engine.

-
Back