Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Time for a snack

Polish style pierogies :thumbsup::thumbsup:

20201108_202133.jpg

Ok, someone's messing with me... :icon_fU:

I open the 10 alerts, and now I have 21 new ones.... :mob:

I'll just let it max out at 30 and go through them later or tomorrow...

Ok miss Rani...

When you least expect it, expect it.... Game on.... :poke:

Time for a snack

View attachment 1715627076

There are two Ukrainian churches in my town... They are only a couple of blocks from each other on the same street...

The one has a home made perogie sale on the first tuesday of every month for a fund raiser... Great perogies made by nice old ladies using the old recipe from back home... You can pick from cheese, potato, sauer kraut, or plum....

The other church has had only one perogie sale and they had a combo perogie with cheese and potato... They were delicious... They haven't had a sale in years, I would like to get some more of those...

Last edited:
Time for a snack

View attachment 1715627076

I never had perogies when I was young... I was at one of my high school friends back in the day that were Polish and they had some perogies and I tried them....

My mom is 1/4 Polish and one time I asked her, "Why didn't we ever have perogies - we're Polish??? Why do I have to find out about Polish food from my friends???"

She replied that she never had them either... I guess it's because they have been in this country for 4 generations and have gotten away from some of the old customs... So I bought some and took them to her house and we cooked them and she liked them....

I first had pierogies in warsaw. I was there for 2 days with some friends. I really didn't intend to end up there but I don't regret that crazy euro tour 2009

I also have some friends from there who came here to my university. I used to volunteer in the international programs.

Perogies, cabbage rolls, kielbasa.
All local made.
Lots of ukrainians here. Always progies available around here every week.

I first had pierogies in warsaw. I was there for 2 days with some friends. I really didn't intend to end up there but I don't regret that crazy euro tour 2009

I also have some friends from there who came here to my university. I used to volunteer in the international programs.
I didnt intend to be in Guatemala City in the church I ended up in, but that is how I met my wife. I was supposed to be on the other side of the country.

Good Morning everyone. What a beautiful weekend. Mid 70's and sunny. Got rear frame rails built and tacked in the Charger, raked a pile of leaves the size of Rhode Island and just relaxed enjoying the weather. Much cooler out after today and talking snow by Friday. Helped rescue a 69 Charger from a buddies old garage area and bring it to high ground. His parents bought it in 74. Seeing a doctor tomorrow for my shoulder issues. Hope all is well out there.....

Soon i need to start work. Seasonal tire swap and a pre-storage service. Oil change and trans service. Drive it into storage and disconnect battery.
Torrent for intake gaskets. Think i will dial back my appointments for the rest of the month. Seven jobs i need to finish and send down the road.

Still in the 40’s here. No frost yet. They’re posing warnings but probably more for the interior valley I suppose.

I hear they got a foot of snow in the Lake Arrowhead/Big Bear area above San Bernardino. Cajon Pass musta been a hoot last night :lol:

Nah .. They got lucky. Never got below 40

I went out and looked bout 1/2 hour ago, crystal clear and frost on the porch railings.

We're sitting at 61° right now... Hi of 77° which will set another record high for us...

How come it's warmer in Chicago than it is in CA???? :lol: :poke:

-
Back