Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning!
No wind this morning, nice!
Sitting outside and i can hear the ice shifting on the river, its only a few hundred feet away. At first it sounded like a dog barking in the distance. Nope, a chirping then a long high pitch almost tearing noise. Eerie if you dont know what it is. Last week it made a loud boom, and ground shook.

Hey Frank, that has to be different to see and hear.
Yup. My first experience with it was when i was x country skiing along the river. Scared the crap out of me.
That same evening i went through some slush and froze up my skis. That sucked, they got real heavy, i was a hundred feet from shore. Trying to carry them up the bank in 3 foot deep snow was a real task. As you go uphill, that snow gets real deep. Like to my arm pits. And cross country ski boots are about as good as bowling shoes for traction.

it was a mile to walk the trail back, and only 100 yds to get up onto street. Should have walked the trail. Hindsight, eh?

Guess i work on lights and signals today. Connect the power point. My stereo has a couple usb ports, one just for charging. I need to find a phone holder now. Actually, i will have to make one, or maybe get my woodworker buddy to make one out of hardwood. Hes going to make armrests,and a center console.

Well some Xmass shopping today and picking up a meat bundle from a local supermarket good stuff.

It's Whippet Wednesday!

ebay147073837682556.jpg

Good morning :D

Morning!
No wind this morning, nice!
Sitting outside and i can hear the ice shifting on the river, its only a few hundred feet away. At first it sounded like a dog barking in the distance. Nope, a chirping then a long high pitch almost tearing noise. Eerie if you dont know what it is. Last week it made a loud boom, and ground shook.
that must be something, never in my life have I experienced such a think, thank you for the insight of that, enjoyed your post this morning.
Enjoy your day

-
Back