Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I bought a like new record woodworking vise for $20 at a garage sale. I saw a beat up one
On the buy and sell for $200 the other day.

On the H.A.M.B. There is a couple shop built vises, some pretty nice stuff.

Edit:
The home built tools thread is crazy! There are some pretty cool diy tools.

When we were mining the river bottom, every now and then we would get souvenirs from the narrow gauge railway that ran through the valley. If we got lucky, as the longer chunks of rail went through the jaw crusher, the crusher would sorta bend it like a tubing bender :lol: Not always that lucky and wound up fixing 10' long rips in the conveyor. The short pieces of rail that got stuck on the magnet over the conveyor made excellent anvils.

When we were mining the river bottom, every now and then we would get souvenirs from the narrow gauge railway that ran through the valley. If we got lucky, as the longer chunks of rail went through the jaw crusher, the crusher would sorta bend it like a tubing bender :lol: Not always that lucky and wound up fixing 10' long rips in the conveyor. The short pieces of rail that got stuck on the magnet over the conveyor made excellent anvils.
I have maybe 100 feet of rail in my back yard. Put it up for sale,$100 and no bites at all. Getting questions like what numbers and letters are cast into it. Will list it again in spring.
Except for one piece. Im building a heavy metalworking bench. Pipe and rail welded up to form panels from sheet metal.

I know guys collect those tack they put in the wood, they are usually 2 digit with the year, some go for serious money.

I think the one I have at home is a Milton...Pretty nice 6"
Wilton Tradesman Vice is the best. Yes they are expensive. I sold quite a few. Still out there being abused. LOL

wilton-vises-28806-c3_600.jpg

Last edited:
I am just going to let it ride for a while, wont hurt. Imagine a hundred in when bitcoin came out? You would be sitting good now.

My son had a bitcoin account, but lost his phone with the info in it... It would be in the triple digits now... :BangHead:

I had a small 50 lb one and tell you what they are handy! I just beat the hell out of grand dads vice now!

I have a few vices... Or is it vises... Which one is the bad habit, that's the ones that I have.... Ok, actually both... :D

Last edited:
-
Back