Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Dad had several antennas rigged up. There was a stationary one outside on the window frame at one point. None outside that we had to adjust. I mostly remember messing with the rabbit ears and he mounted one on the closet -we had to open and close the door to position it

Did you hear about the two antennae that got married?????

The ceremony was boring, but the reception was great!!! :D

16 lifters, right. Just read the oil holes on Rhodes lifters need to be facing up. So I checked. Only 3 were correct. 50 50 percentage and 3 were right. Crazy....

I gotta go get a haircut....
pullhair.gif

16 lifters, right. Just read the oil holes on Rhodes lifters need to be facing up. So I checked. Only 3 were correct. 50 50 percentage and 3 were right. Crazy....

Typically all of the "oil holes" in a lifter go upwards... It helps them 'burp' the air out when they are filling with oil...

I figure we got 13-14 inches, but its above freezing and already dropped a few... ez cleanup with the rubber blade Toro on concrete :thumbsup:

30F22BEA-7622-4FB6-B196-3DE642A8520B.jpeg

I took a drive up the valley to see if there was any snow on the hills, nada. Lots of grape vines pushed up in piles, they reached the end of their productive cycle, 30 years I think it is. I keep wondering how well that wood might work in a smoker. The Mopar guy out by the old rock farm has a whole messa projects in his yard, most of them covered. Only one I could identify was a '72 Satellite. The oil patch looked busy, 5 service rigs stood up in the same area.

So I’m pretty sure the Hemi in the wife’s car blew up today. Or at least is going too. Oil pressure light came on, checked oil, it wasn’t near due but I went ahead and changed it anyway. Put in new sensor, light it still on. No noises yet, no glitter in the honey yet. I’ve ordered a mechanical oil pressure test gauge cause no one had one with the right threads in town.

but it sounds like the wife is now gonna get the damn new car she wants.

Read a little on the newer Hemi here and I thought I wanted a newer RAM 2500 with a HEMI. Not so sure now. Maybe I’ll stick with Ford.

Read a little on the newer Hemi here and I thought I wanted a newer RAM 2500 with a HEMI. Not so sure now. Maybe I’ll stick with Ford.
I have three Ram new model Hemis. I abuse them on a continual basis and love them. Not as quiet or smooth as GM products, not as well appointed as Ford product. But hands down far more durable and way less issues. Plus they tow like nobody’s business. We only have GMCs and Fords no Chevys in our fleet and simply no comparison on maint issues to our Rams. We recently hooked a heavy trailer to the GMC 1/2 ton and promptly curled the bumper and hitch, hooked to Ram and never looked back. Admittedly we abuse our equip on a commercial industrial landscape but simple fact is the Rams are less overall operating cost annually. Please note my guys could tear up a pry bar in a sand box. Ram for the win!

Eh this one has close to 200,000 on it, mostly country and town driving. It’s been pretty stout for us.

Another day done. Was a long day. Still learning. One more day and back to shop until friday.

-
Back